Puntland: New Power Sharing Model

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
I totally agree with you, frankly we should have started the direct election system ( one man one vote ) since the year 2000
The tribal/gobol sharing system was supposed to be a very short transition into 1m1v, however they turned a system meant for 2 years to 24 years.

No is not possible Dhulbahante already want to be independent state and they have the right to do it

SSc needs to control Eerigabo city if they want to become a state. The Habaryonis clan who lives in the western parts of the city will not accept a dhulbahante led state so it’s much easier for Dhulbahante to join Puntland instead

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
SSc needs to control Eerigabo city if they want to become a state. The Habaryonis clan who lives in the western parts of the city will not accept a dhulbahante led state so it’s much easier for Dhulbahante to join Puntland instead
Warsangeli are the majority of Ceerigaabo and are incredibly well armed from PL. DH live in the south of the city as well and are well armed.

If the HY families in the city misbehave it will turn into Hotel Rwanda.

6E983928-84B3-46A1-A2E3-9179137583C6.jpeg

Warsangeli are the majority of Ceerigaabo and are incredibly well armed from PL. DH live in the south of the city as well and are well armed.

If the HY families in the city misbehave it will turn into Hotel Rwanda.

View attachment 258103
Should we harti invade and conquer the city?

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
I won’t discuss their arms heavily because it’s a security thing. But they are the biggest group of Darod in Ceerigaabo, and the majority subclan ahaan of the town. Common knowledge.
I think the fairest way to look at this is through historical context, back in the original Somalia regional model where MP’s were assigned to cities, we produced 2 of the main MP’s for ceerigaabo.
1. Yusuf Adan Bokah
2. Mohamed Ali Ismacil

Warsangeli, none.

Not to mention that we almost completely surround the city 180β€’

Even in Somalilands sham rule, we would be thrown vice mayor as if it means anything

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
Sounds inefficient . is this a majority rule if so, Why are Madhibaan placed with smaller clan, when they make up larger population then those two clans you mentioned In Puntland?

As the others have stated, I concur with 1M1V, but that will easily lead to corruption as anyone can easily buy people's votes and the majority of people are uneducated. Somalis should have extensive qualifications in order to hold certain positions because we are not prepared for 1M1V.

idea:
Those that have proven to care to about their people, have serve their neighborhood, community, school nearby, Educated, and so on. :)

Last edited:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

Hassan Qabri Faage
VIP
Theres a large Dblock population & a potential voter base in Nugaal/PL. In the case of SSC becoming a FGS, they can still get seats there if PL stays under the current system or vote in their representation in the case of 1M1V becoming a reality. Dhulos can eat their pie and make PL share theirs.

Bear in mind they got 6 MPs for approximately 40k Votes in the Somaliland 1M1V parliamentary elections in 2021.
They get 17 seats in PL now. I doubt they will get more that 2 with Nugaal, N Mudug and Bari. There are a lot of clans with no seats or underrepresented If we stick to the old model. But inshallah we are moving out of this qashin system. Let the people vote

Sounds inefficient . is this a majority rule if so, Why are Madhibaan placed with smaller clan, when they make up larger population then those two clans you mentioned In Puntland?

As the others have stated, I concur with 1M1V, but that will easily lead to corruption as anyone can easily buy people's votes and the majority of people are uneducated. Somalis should have extensive qualifications in order to hold certain positions because we are not prepared for 1M1V.

idea:
Those that have proven to care to about their people, have serve their neighborhood, community, school nearby, Educated, and so on. :)
I'm sorry, I don't know Madhibaans population in PL walaalo, I assumed they lived in larger numbers in SL rather than PL.

We need better politicians overall who aren't bias, there is a lot of development that needs to be done.

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
I'm sorry, I don't know Madhibaans population in PL walaalo, I assumed they lived in larger numbers in SL rather than PL.
Though madhiban size is unknown, it is bigger than anticipated. I'm not positive, but most madhiban in SL reside in Khatumo. Since almost all of the Madhiban subclans reside in Puntland, I would presume they make up a larger portion of the population there than in SL. No one is certain; hopefully, a census is conducted honestly so that we can learn the actual numbers.
We need better politicians overall who aren't bias, there is a lot of development that needs to be done.
Agree, I'm not positive if you watched the election in Somalia, but there were voters who were unable to read or write, making it difficult for them to record their choices. Imagine the average individual if those people had gained such power.

No proof for this
Eastern side of the city is predominatly warsangeli with surrounding towns inhabited by us. Even 3 the towns u claim in sanaag are shared with us.

:childplease: sanaag and the district along with the city is majority warsangeli. Even the governor bixi sent his team to meet the sultan in erigaabo to maintain the peace and not the squatting self proclaim mayor should tell you something about the city.

idea:
Madhibaan are one of the larger tribes in puntland and deserve there fair share

Proper census is needed but I think LLK is arguably second largest tribe after MJ in both north mudug and nugaal while also having good population in bari

Last edited:
I agree sister but do you think the general public would agree? My thread was a hypothetical situation to maintain stability but if 1m1v happens and things can be done without issue that would be the best option

We need people like you to open up political parties and run for office. We need to kill clan politics and stop these families from turning our blessed land into family run franchises.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
I think the fairest way to look at this is through historical context, back in the original Somalia regional model where MP’s were assigned to cities, we produced 2 of the main MP’s for ceerigaabo.
1. Yusuf Adan Bokah
2. Mohamed Ali Ismacil

Warsangeli, none.

Not to mention that we almost completely surround the city 180β€’

Even in Somalilands sham rule, we would be thrown vice mayor as if it means anything
We took Damala Xagare from you, we tookover Fiqifuliye countryside when you started attacks, we live in Jidali and surround it Dabablehe from the North, Birxamar from the South and Ninku Jooge from the East. We are taking over Xagal, on the road between Ceerigaabo and Jidali there are small settlements like Darasalaam ex-Dhaxamo, il Kaneeco and Derbi Reer Xaamud.

Shimbiraale North of Fiqi
Dureera North of Fiqiis
Damalaka North of Awrboogeys
Ilcad South of Awrboogeys
Faro and Nugaaleed extreme South touches Xabala Camare.
Ceeldheere stretches all the way to Dibqarax

You had to wiki edit that Damala Xagare is shared when you don't own a single house there.

In Ceerigaabo Bah Ogayslabe took over most of the Southern areas Safa, Saylada, Xoolaha etc. And in the North you're surrounded by Warsan xaafads Tuulo Shire, Daalo, Tuulo Bacuug etc.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
Eastern side of the city is predominatly warsangeli with surrounding towns inhabited by us. Even 3 the towns u claim in sanaag are shared with us.

:childplease: sanaag and the district along with the city is majority warsangeli. Even the governor bixi sent his team to meet the sultan in erigaabo to maintain the peace and not the squatting self proclaim mayor should tell you something about the city.
East, South and North of the city.

Don't let no one tell you otherwise. We are more native to Sanaag than all the other Daroods who claim it.

Jibriil Siciid, Axmed Cumar, Bah Ogayslabe, Nuux Cumar, Hinjiye, Muxumud, Ogayslabe and Turre we exclusively live in the district.