Puntland: New Power Sharing Model

SSC is going to be a FGS, PL needs to establish a new power sharing model. Post some ideas.

VP = Leelkase/Awrtable
House Speaker = Awrtable/Leelkase
Everything else can be spilt up between Arab Salah, Gabooye Clans, and others

This what I imagine it will be, this will give other smaller clans to develop their deegans too and the issue of SSC and SL will not be a problem for PL anymore. Dhulbahante will become strong economic neighbors for PL too.

LLK are gonna be looking for VP if SSC is made a mamul goboleed I think awrtable will take speaker that’s seems fair for everybody

madhiban carab salax etc need multiple seats over 5 each imo and good ministerial positions I think this will build a stronger puntland

LLK are gonna be looking hard for VP if SSC is made a mamul goboleed I think awrtable will take speaker that’s seems fair for everybody

madhiban carab salax etc need multiple seats and good ministerial positions I think this will build a stronger puntland
I agree this will make Puntland much stronger and more stable.

Why not Laascanood join PL? Dhulbahante already have the VP position. They just might even become president with all their lands in sool apart of Puntland.

Yeah seems like everybody will get a piece of the pie especially once the 26 seats come back to mudug nugaal and bari SSC always deserved to be its own state

Question How many seats does awrtable currently have in PL ?
We have 3-4 in Garowe, I am not sure on the rest. I think a proper census needs to be done. I don't our numbers are as small as people say population wise
Clan sharing is over in Puntland, in terms of political seats.
We are moving to one man one vote. Whoever invests in forming a party that attracts voters will win these seats in question. Anyone can become President, providing they lead a party.
I agree sister but do you think the general public would agree? My thread was a hypothetical situation to maintain stability but if 1m1v happens and things can be done without issue that would be the best option
Why not Laascanood join PL? Dhulbahante already have the VP position. They just might even become president with all their lands in sool apart of Puntland.
I was assuming they'd want their own state with their own President and a Warsangeli VP. What they want is up to them and Allah knows best

SSC is going to be a FGS, PL needs to establish a new power sharing model. Post some ideas.

VP = Leelkase/Awrtable

This what I imagine it will be, this will give other smaller clans to develop their deegans too and the issue of SSC and SL will not be a problem for PL anymore. Dhulbahante will become strong economic neighbors for PL too.
What about dishishe they arguably bigger than leelkase and awrtable

No is not possible Dhulbahante already want to be independent state and they have the right to do it

VP = Leelkase/Awrtable

Maamulka SSC will become directly under the rule of the federal government temporarily, but I don't think that Maamulka SSC will be recognized within the federal states during the period of President Xasan's rule for reasons we all know.
I think Maamulka SSC will be recognized as a federal state after 10 years.

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
They’re much better served ruling themselves. Who knows their needs better than themselves? Maakhir community is quite integrated into PL economically so I’d imagine they’d remain.

Theres a large Dblock population & a potential voter base in Nugaal/PL. In the case of SSC becoming a FGS, they can still get seats there if PL stays under the current system or vote in their representation in the case of 1M1V becoming a reality. Dhulos can eat their pie and make PL share theirs.

Bear in mind they got 6 MPs for approximately 40k Votes in the Somaliland 1M1V parliamentary elections in 2021.

Last edited:
These arguments are dumb but pop wise Leelkase > Dishiishe > Awrtable in PL
What about this figure awrtable is almost non existent
1A6A48A3-CD32-4949-8D31-28ABDFE09F7C.jpeg

Trending