Polish guy visits Mogadishu and gives his Honest Opinion

It’s sad as hell xamar would look a lot better if people picked up the rubbish and recycled

It's a disease across the land sis. Garowe is just fortunate because the local council has a firm grip on the cleanliness. I also think they may have instilled a different culture there. I think everywhere outside of that city, has a littering disease and the blame should firmly be placed at the feet of the useless district politicians, for allowing this to happen.

He said he never saw a country like this
He compared xamar to Kabul and said “Kabul is dangerous But clean and nice ,while Mogadishu is dangerous and dirty”
Cadaan people like this type of ideology should never be allowed in Somalia. Somalia needs to have a strong approach to visiters / tourist for instance no filming in none filming zones. This type of videos allows other nation to view Somalia in weak and clipped state. Some cadaans other people get off on this its called disaster corn. Where are is guides? Why is a random person running around in Somalia? This a failure in Somalia tourism sector and this is not the only person that filmed this about Somalia there are countless videos similar to this on youtube.

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
It's a disease across the land sis. Garowe is just fortunate because the local council has a firm grip on the cleanliness. I also think they may have instilled a different culture there. I think everywhere outside of that city, has a littering disease and the blame should firmly be placed at the feet of the useless district politicians, for allowing this to happen.
next time I go back to xamar I’m cleaning shit up.When I was there I was genuinely contemplating on cleaning around my neighbourhood I just never got to it.Places like xamarweyne have great potential especially the market there’s a lot of Dirac shops and delicious fruit especially the mangoes and watermelons :banderas: .I think the Somali government should work on public health and the importance of cleanliness there’s a lot of work to be done.

Cadaan people like this type of ideology should never be allowed in Somalia. Somalia needs to have a strong approach to visiters / tourist for instance no filming in none filming zones. This type of videos allows other nation to view Somalia in weak and clipped state. Some cadaans other people get off on this its called disaster corn. Where are is guides? Why is a random person running around in Somalia? This a failure in Somalia tourism sector and this is not the only person that filmed this about Somalia there are countless videos similar to this on youtube.
yeah it’s a failure on somalia and it’s leaders. How are people going to respect your homeland if your not even gonna respect it yourself?

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
They need to build permanent housing for IDPs in the areas they fled from, aka 'bullied and chased away' from. Such as South-West, HirShabelle and Jubbaland. In Puntland, I would say, we need subsidised council housing, so that IDP labourers can pay rent and contribute to the local economy.

I'd rather see IDPs integrate within the cities proper rather than building ghettos that way they will be absorbed by the majority and won't have to contest for political representation.

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
Why do they always visit Xamar jajab and shingaani, the most dirty and old disctict. Why dont they visit other parts of Xamar

yeah it’s a failure on somalia and it’s leaders. How are people going to respect your homeland if your not even gonna respect it yourself?
Some time I just think about all the problems that can be solved easily in Somalia but certain people are languorous to the duty's. If they cant keep track of a cadaan guy who can they keep track of? Theres a failure in the Whole system from tourism to migration and national security.

Last edited:
He visited Shingaani literally every building is destroyed it was mostly inhabited by ajnabis during 1990s before the civil war broke out no one has returned to rebuild that degmo like others it's absolutely one of the most undeveloped part of the city.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
It must be a real shithole if a Polak thinks Kabul is better or whatever grey Polish town he's from.

Poland will surpass the UK in the next decade in terms of GDP. Their cities Warsaw, Krakow, Gdańsk and many others are top-tier, do not look down on them, they are doing everything Somalis should be doing. What is missing in Mogadishu and many other Somali cities is leadership that can cut the Gordian knot and establish a maintenance culture.

There is also no pride in Mogadishu’s mayors, including the current one who has no finger on the pulse and probably doesn’t even watch these sort of videos to shame himself into action, otherwise the waterfront and the Old City wouldn’t have been languishing in rubble for more than a decade, two places that were once vibrant areas before the war.

Take the L.

Poland will surpass the UK in the next decade in terms of GDP. Their cities Warsaw, Krakow, Gdańsk and many others are top-tier, do not look down on them, they are doing everything Somalis should be doing. What is missing in Mogadishu and many other Somali cities is leadership that can cut the Gordian knot and establish a maintenance culture.

There is also no pride in Mogadishu’s mayors, including the current one who has no finger on the pulse and probably doesn’t even watch these sort of videos to shame himself into action, otherwise the waterfront and the Old City wouldn’t have been languishing in rubble for more than a decade, two places that were once vibrant areas before the war.

Take the L.
Yes tbh Shingaani and Xamarweyne needs to be rebuilt but the banaadiri people who live there failed it they are baqiil even if they have money they would never repair their houses there are still bullet holes from 1991 if you compare to other degmos they're way behind other degmos are rebuilding fast apartments,İnterlocks, Businesses are poping up everywhere except these two degmos.

Why do they always visit Xamar jajab and shingaani, the most dirty and old disctict. Why dont they visit other parts of Xamar
They do but never put it on their videos.

Relex. U can’t run before u can walk. This is a failure of the local government. Need to share it on Facebook and put a heat on their asses.

And I’m pretty sure the tour guides took them to nice area but the problem is there is no public record policies/laws.

Yes tbh Shingaani and Xamarweyne needs to be rebuilt but the banaadiri people who live there failed it they are baqiil even if they have money they would never repair their houses there are still bullet holes from 1991 if you compare to other degmos they're way behind other degmos are rebuilding fast apartments,İnterlocks, Businesses are poping up everywhere except these two degmos.
abgaal areas look like sht too. Will see if this marina beach thing is real or not

Three Moons

Sounds like you are passing the bucket. All major developmental projects clearly continue to ignore both quarters, the fact that the city’s garbage collection system also doesn’t even reach those parts is evidence of this institutional neglect because this is litter accumulated probably over the span of decades. The Mayor of Mogadishu is responsible for the entire city of Mogadishu, that includes Shingani and Xamarweyne, and he has the resources to make a real impact by sending manpower and sanitation trucks to relieve those quarters from decades of neglect. The locals can then focus on home restorations, a lick of paint, flower pots and decorated window frames and doors, but don’t expect them do the government’s job, they deserve better;

Sounds like you are passing the bucket. All major developmental projects clearly continue to ignore both quarters, the fact that the city’s garbage collection system also doesn’t even reach those parts is evidence of this institutional neglect because this is litter accumulated probably over the span of decades. The Mayor of Mogadishu is responsible for the entire city of Mogadishu, that includes Shingani and Xamarweyne, and he has the resources to make a real impact by sending manpower and sanitation trucks to relieve those quarters from decades of neglect. The locals can then focus on home restorations, a lick of paint, flower pots and decorated window frames and doors, but don’t expect them do the government’s job, they deserve better;

İ understand your point dirty streets should be cleaned by the mayor but destroyed houses with bullet holes should be rebuilt by the people that's my point

Three Moons

@Dalac Bilaash this could have been us strolling through ancient Shingani and Xamarweyne like kings shopping at the markets with our wives before heading to Lido Beach;

E592CC0C-A704-4C9C-BEE2-154A5391C5D4.png

66C1BCC1-0FAC-4A1B-B90C-6D97774CF87C.png

And if you’re single, maybe you could have met a sweet one in the Old City;

58953A14-B96B-4C96-B657-2DB56362BE90.png

They do but never put it on their videos.

Relex. U can’t run before u can walk. This is a failure of the local government. Need to share it on Facebook and put a heat on their asses.

And I’m pretty sure the tour guides took them to nice area but the problem is there is no public record policies/laws.

abgaal areas look like sht too. Will see if this marina beach thing is real or not
Like I stated this is a cascading problem which effects tourism ,Oromo migration and national security with Mogadishu this past month raise and in violent death. All of these Three example are direct link to lack of governance with in each region.

Trending