Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Confedaralism, like Switzerland

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Balkanization, 5 soverign Somali states with a 'Somali Union'

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
if we balkanise itd be way more than 5 states lol and a somali union would just be a joke. federalism like we have now is just every state pretending they're part of one country while building up their militas. id support centralism but i doubt thats ever happening:meleshame:
If you ask me centralism contributed to Somalia's collapse. All development was just in mogadishu and everywhere else suffered. Hargeisa wasn't allowed to build buildings higher than 1 storey except for the oriental hotel and only 7% of aid went to the north.

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
if we balkanise itd be way more than 5 states lol and a somali union would just be a joke. federalism like we have now is just every state pretending they're part of one country while building up their militas. id support centralism but i doubt thats ever happening:meleshame:
You guys can be centralised but somaliland will be independent

If you ask me centralism contributed to Somalia's collapse. All development was just in mogadishu and everywhere else suffered. Hargeisa wasn't allowed to build buildings higher than 1 storey except for the oriental hotel and only 7% of aid went to the north.
centralism can be the best form of government and the worst. centralism has the potential to allow somalia to mirror chinas fast development but with a 68iq in government somalia would essentially be a city state with some extra land to drive around

You guys can be centralised but somaliland will be independent
i always assumed SL independence (or support for independence) was because of the south's qabilism and incompetence. if in some fantasy scenario somalia is a centralised, non-qabilist, functioning state why would you still be against unification? am I missing something :mugshotman:

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
i always assumed SL independence (or support for independence) was because of the south's qabilism and incompetence. if in some fantasy scenario somalia is a centralised, non-qabilist, functioning state why would you still be against unification? am I missing something :mugshotman:
I personally won't be against a non corrupt federation where we are equal stakeholders in the union, but some people have trauma from 1988 and sees the south as imperialist who deny their struggles so they view it negatively.

I personally won't be against a non corrupt federation where we are equal stakeholders in the union, but some people have trauma from 1988 and sees the south as imperialist who deny their struggles so they view it negatively.
I get that. people like my mum still love siad barre and its not hard to get them to start talking about how "good he was for the country" and how much they miss him :kanyeshrug:

Only Langaabs want a weyne

giphy.gif

Balkanization because somalis cant work together, we goto deal with the reality and move on but have a union to protect us from threats👍😀

SL is modelled on british somaliland so niggas can gtfoh talking about ernest bevin. It doesnt even talk about somaliweyne in his wiki

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Balkanization because somalis cant work together, we goto deal with the reality and move on but have a union to protect us from threats👍😀
I 100% agree. Certain somali clans want centralism again. Because their clan got all the priveleges. But now everybody has their own place. And you can build it and do what you want with it. Remember when xamar got destroyed. The entire country went bankrupt because xamar was the only place were all the money was

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
I get that. people like my mum still love siad barre and its not hard to get them to start talking about how "good he was for the country" and how much they miss him :kanyeshrug:
Screenshot_20210321-194438_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-194511_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-194458_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-194616_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-194640_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-194659_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-194917_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-195240_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-195826_Chrome.jpg

This is the end result of siad barre's dictatorship.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-195211_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-195211_Chrome.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 46

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
We have to work with what we have now and it's federalism, once we remove the destructive 'clan' part in the system, it will work wonders for us. :)

alien

📍outer space
VIP
do people here actually think balkanization will work. Somalis won't let that happen. We gotta unite under the 18 former gobols. A proposed somali union won't work and let's be honest we wouldn't work well together and there would be more than 5 states. Other states will declare independence. It'll further cause more qabil fights. We are one people. Why split ourselves. You dont see Japan splitting itself.

Trending

Latest posts