Oromos marching towards Addis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
XeXe nothing personal, but i just don't want my Ethiopian brothers to feel a false sense of security on this website. None of you have ever hidden your feeling toward my people. I don't take it personally tbh and i don't think they should either. However they should not feel so comfortable bashing there own either.

I know we can have a fun banter and still know you won't even piss on me if i was on fire:fantasia2:

:damedamn:

Amharas are imperialist to the core.

Bro, if I remember correctly the Sheekhal moved to Raaso so as to live in one territory and have their own Woreda hence why they came into conflict with the Ogaden. I was not underestimating them but only pointing out the fact that there are other clans who are far more numerous and influential than them in Southern K5.

Come on bro, if the Gurgura were Oromo, Dire Dawa would now be part of the Oromo Zone.

Zumaale?! :browtf:

:salute:
C'mon bruv:ulyin: Zuumale you sure know how to turn a thread more exciting, I'm currently at the uni so I'll get back to you when I'm home.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
how so? The word your looking for is pragmatist.

You're the only people still clinging to a sense of Ethiopian-ness, mostly because you're the people who created it through brutal conquest, subjugation, and cultural domination.

From what I can tell, even the Tigray are more than willing to bail on the African Yugoslavia the moment they lose their grip on power.

:damedamn:

Amharas are imperialist to the core.
Amhaaras aren't even relevant anymore, they've been reduced to nothing by the minority TPLF, if u really think about it's really up to Illey and the Liyu weather the TPLF stays in power or not, they can really flood in weapons thru the boarder and arm the amhaaras and oromos to the teeth, but Iley is a pussy

Amhaaras aren't even relevant anymore, they've been reduced to nothing by the minority TPLF, if u really think about it's really up to Illey and the Liyu weather the TPLF stays in power or not, they can really flood in weapons thru the boarder and arm the amhaaras and oromos to the teeth, but Iley is a pussy
Why would we side with those we fought against in 1977? Are you familiar with the amhaaras?:gucciwhat:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The only thing stopping armed conflict is the lack of arms :icon lol:

Sadly, lapdog Iley has ensured Oromos will target Somalis first

:meleshame:

You're the only people still clinging to a sense of Ethiopian-ness, mostly because you're the people who created it through brutal conquest, subjugation, and cultural domination.

From what I can tell, even the Tigray are more than willing to bail on the African Yugoslavia the moment they lose their grip on power.

You're wrong. Not all Amharas support Ethiopian-ness and there are many in other group that support Ethiopian-ness. You guys have this black and white view of Ethiopia but not everyone fits in a box. Which is why i am surprised when @Menelik III makes such bold claims. If you truly know Ethiopians then you would understand why there no ground swell of support of either the government or opposition. Ethiopia is too complicated to be explained so simply.

Btw my views are my own and does not represent the whole of Amhara people. I don't really have that much attachment to my Amhara-ness since i grew up in Addis. I will however speak up if i don't agree with something. I don't demonize Tigrayans because that would be demonizing my nephews, i don't demonize the Oromos, Somali, Debub etc that would be demonizing my cousins. I don't gamble with my families life, even in hypothetical online arguments.

First, we were Christians before the Europeans... so, i don't know what your point was
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think Somalis would be better served if they did not obsess over the past but hey:manny: whatever works for you or in this case not work for you.

Europeans bailing you out everytime you were about to be conquered. Why are you pretending to have amnesia?:ayaanswag:

Forgetting the past is not an option. Every rapist and burglar would get away if we forgot the past.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You're wrong. Not all Amharas support Ethiopian-ness and there are many in other group that support Ethiopian-ness. You guys have this black and white view of Ethiopia but not everyone fits in a box. Which is why i am surprised when @Menelik III makes such bold claims. If you truly know Ethiopians then you would understand why there no ground swell of support of either the government or opposition. Ethiopia is too complicated to be explained so simply.

Btw my views are my own and does not represent the whole of Amhara people. I don't really have that much attachment to my Amhara-ness since i grew up in Addis. I will however speak up if i don't agree with something. I don't demonize Tigrayans because that would be demonizing my nephews, i don't demonize the Oromos, Somali, Debub etc that would be demonizing my cousins. I don't gamble with my families life, even in hypothetical online arguments.

Fair enough.

Personally, I could never feel comfortable sharing a nation with other ethnicities. Just feels forced and unnatural, especially when significant numbers don't even identify with the nation to begin with.

Don't forget where we are. As they often like to remind us this is not Ethiospot. Just because you speak so poorly of your own countrymen like they do that does not make them your friends. They (Somalis from Somalia) do not have the best interest at heart for us. Watch what you say. This is enemy territory and don't forget it.
i don't demonize the Oromos, Somali, Debub etc that would be demonizing my cousins
:comeon:
Good thing you went in and edited that lol. You do realize though that Somalis from all regions (including and especially K5) generally share these views on Ethiopia. Are we meant to believe despite that, you genuinely view the Somalis within the borders of ethiopia as your cousins and family and the rest as enemies?

Good thing you went in and edited that lol. You do realize though that Somalis from all regions (including and especially K5) generally share these views on Ethiopia. Are we meant to believe despite that, you genuinely view the Somalis within the borders of ethiopia as your cousins and family and the rest as enemies?
:gladbron: great catch, she almost got away with it :heh:

Kulaha "The Somalis from Somalia don't have best interest for us" while she sneakily is trying to seperate the Somalis in K5 from the somalis in Somalia

:hahaidiot:

:gladbron: great catch, she almost got away with it :heh:

Kulaha "The Somalis from Somalia don't have best interest for us" while she sneakily is trying to seperate the Somalis in K5 from the somalis in Somalia

:hahaidiot:
She was speaking about Somalis in general. She added the Somalis from Somalia bit later :dead:

Gambar

VIP
I'm not saying that, I'm saying if Iley had any guts he can blackmail the TPLF, and overthrow them, but then again he's a pussy.

The only way I could see someone like that doing that is if he wanted to control all of Ethiopia. He seems to like the current system though.

She thinks she's an caqlileey.

Fair enough.

Personally, I could never feel comfortable sharing a nation with other ethnicities. Just feels forced and unnatural, especially when significant numbers don't even identify with the nation to begin with.

I understand, but Somalia is the only country in Africa that has the luxury of not being comfortable with other ethnicity the rest of us have to learn to get along.

• First i need you to go back and read what i wrote. At no time did i claim they should lead just because they are Oromo. I did however say if people elected someone and that person elected by popular vote is Oromo, then i don't see why that shouldn't happen. Savey?
  • How old are you? Serious question. You contradict yourself so much I am now starting assume your brain has not developed fully yet. How do you reconcile degrading and disregarding such a huge part of the country by simply calling them "primitive"? I need to know if i am wasting my time arguing nuanced politics that affect 100 million people with a child. Not that children should not be taken seriously, but i want to conserve my energy...
  • Don't forget where we are. As they often like to remind us this is not Ethiospot. Just because you speak so poorly of your own countrymen like they do that does not make them your friends. They (Somalis from Somalia) do not have the best interest at heart for us. Watch what you say. This is enemy territory and don't forget it.

• Last thing i am proud to be ye addis lij. I think that is why I am not so god damn fatalistic like you lot. Sheesh
also...

Just.....:snoop: I don't have the energy.
All I'm saying is that I want the country to stay how it is culturally, that's it. I don't hate oromos as a people, but they are expansionists no denying it. I for one do not want that to occur, that is all. How do you reconcile with them claiming Addis even though they do not even make up 10% of the city? My views are not politically correct, but they are mine. You also make it seem like I like Somalis lol? They should be the first to be expelled once the country is back on the right track.

Last edited:

sigh...i was talking about literal first cousins that are blood related to me. I put that in there because the only place i have interacted with Somalis from Somalia is on this website...so my assessment still stand. I have interacted with Ethiopian Somalis and they don't all share the popular beliefs on this site. I am sure there are those who do. I had positive experience with Somalis all my life and until i came to this site i did not know y'all hated us this much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending