One of my profs said something racist to me

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
Stop starting shit man I doubt he meant any offense especially if he's a fob. People on here desperatly want to look like a victim
how many assumptions/mistakes can you make in a single sentence? this gotta be a new world record or something. 1st, he's been teaching universities in Canada for close to 20 years now (he has ratemyprof ratings from 2005). 2nd, how is what he said ok? like for your whole accomplishments to be reduced to what race you are??? also, i understand if you might have a different perspective, but please either voice them respectfully (like the rest of the commenters are doing) or get out of my thread. Thank you

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
He didn't mean offence and was trying to help you but never in a million years would a self respecting Black person ever take advantage of these opportunities at school or at work. Always deny them. Don't represent the stereotype. It's not that hard to get what you want through merit like everyone else.

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
He didn't mean offence and was trying to help you but never in a million years would a self respecting Black person ever take advantage of these opportunities at school or at work. Always deny them. Don't represent the stereotype. It's not that hard to get what you want through merit like everyone else.
the scary thing is the whites are legit getting marginalized cuz of this. like i know a white student that had ok marks, and pretty good work experience that didn't get a job yet another brown student that had less experience got it got it. I think someone is gonna get sued real soon if this continues

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
the scary thing is the whites are legit getting marginalized cuz of this. like i know a white student that had ok marks, and pretty good work experience that didn't get a job yet another brown student that had less experience got it got it. I think someone is gonna get sued real soon if this continues

I doubt they can successfully sue because this country and its institutions are now run by clowns who encourage this but it will definitely cause problems. People will lose respect for you, treat you like a nacas, and won't regard you as an equal. You will also be seen as some BLM/social justice/victimized weirdo. Almost everyone, even fellow non-whites, pity those people. You'll be held to a lower standard. It doesn't feel no where near as good as actual merit. It's never worth the very little reward. I'm glad you don't appear to be entertaining this. You can't even put it on your resume. It's a red flag not to hire you except at some social justice nonprofit that pays you shit wages on a temporary contract with terrible benefits.

So i was basically talking to this prof (Chinese) and the topic of USRAs came up (research assistantship program in Canada). Before asking me anything else, he was like "you should indicate you are black when applying because then you'd probably get it". like he didn't ask me my GPA (which is pretty good), he just went straight to telling me to play the race card. is this what non-blacks think when they see a successful black person? like do they think that person is there only because the organization they're working in wanted to reach their quota of black employees? I understand what he said is technically true (it's easier for black to get USRAs), and tbh i could't detect any racist undertone. but am still mad at him lol, yall think he is racist and i should avoid him (was thinking about being his research assistant and asking him to write be a recommendation letter) ?
Saaxib he was being nice and looking after u plus use anything for ur advantage this world is unforgivable

So i was basically talking to this prof (Chinese) and the topic of USRAs came up (research assistantship program in Canada). Before asking me anything else, he was like "you should indicate you are black when applying because then you'd probably get it". like he didn't ask me my GPA (which is pretty good), he just went straight to telling me to play the race card. is this what non-blacks think when they see a successful black person? like do they think that person is there only because the organization they're working in wanted to reach their quota of black employees? I understand what he said is technically true (it's easier for black to get USRAs), and tbh i could't detect any racist undertone. but am still mad at him lol, yall think he is racist and i should avoid him (was thinking about being his research assistant and asking him to write be a recommendation letter) ?
sxb he probably just wants the best for you

everyone knows how easy black people can succeed in college due to their race

most universities would pick a 3.3 GPA black guy over a 4.0 GPA white guy

affirmative action is actually crazy. I don't consider myself black but wallahi i checked out 'black' so fast on my uni applications :mjlol:

They put these measures in place to counteract discrimination against minorities. It is hard to get what you want "through merit" if your ethnic sounding name is getting you overlooked in favour of White candidates despite being more qualified.

Amber

A blessed human
why are yall laughing shit aint funny :what1:
Your tone isn't exactly serious, it's so
Laugh Lol GIF

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
They put these measures in place to counteract discrimination against minorities. It is hard to get what you want "through merit" if your ethnic sounding name is getting you overlooked in favour of White candidates despite being more qualified.

This isnt true. Apart from blacks and Latinos, non-whites born in Canada are more educated than white people. There is no systemic discrimination in the education system.

Apart from blacks and Latinos, non-whites have higher incomes than white people in Canada. In fact, non-whites born in Canada enjoy their higher incomes even more than white people can enjoy their lower incomes since white people are more likely to be married and have children than native born non whites. Although I can't prove this, I can confidently say that Nigerians and Ghanians (who have all came to Canada post 2010) also make more money than whites. All the ones I know are easily making six figures.

More than half of my company's Canada division is non-white despite whites being 70% of the country.

What you are saying is a talking point by some black people who were taught to be victims. There is no systemic discrimination. These affirmative action programs are targeted towards blacks and Indigenous people; the former doesn't need it.

I hope blacks wake up and realize they are the ones holding themselves back, not whitey. They don't need these programs. They need to change their victimhood culture and culture of blaming others for their problems. It's toxic and destructive to themselves and their communities.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
In Canada, you will be accepted to programs based off your marks/test scores with some consideration of work experience (depending in the graduate or professional program). Your skin tone has nothing to do with that. When wading through the sea of applicants many of which are over achievers to begin with then claiming you are a minority (that is under represented) will get you a slight edge. You got their off merit already and were chosen to create an illusion of inclusion. I don't see what the problem is nor why you are complaining. If you are competent no one will care and it's none of your business what they think. Don't have a chip on your shoulder. Get the opportunity and the letter of recommendation and move on.

@induction Was he smiley when he said it? He might’ve been jealous honestly given how much Asians get mistreated when it comes to things like Affirmative action, and race-based applications a lot get turned down because of racial balancing as there’s so many Asians applying :dead:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You should ask him how to ride cadaan peoples dick in the corporate world, in everyday life, in the afterlife, etc etc. I’m sure he has much experience, you know since we’re keeping it real
:wow:
Also ask him if he rides cadaan dick because his is smol
:wow:

Trending

Latest posts