Name 1 way that The current FGS is better than the Islamic Courts Union

Somali Saayid

It's been a while hasn't it?
VIP
I don’t know enough about this turbulent period, my dad and ayeeyo (maternal) told me that what AY did was a miracle for Somalis my Hoyoo disagrees and said what he did was wrong for partnering with itoobiyan soldiers and command. I heard some good things about both sides, I think Mogadishu natives overwhelmingly supported the icu and some thought that it was wrong to create parellel goverment like icu against fgs but I need to research more

HSM literally has to pay parliament more to not get impeached when he’s already low on funds. Everyone would want ICU in power, they kill troublesome Somalis and foreigners alike.

I don’t know enough about this turbulent period, my dad and ayeeyo (maternal) told me that what AY did was a miracle for Somalis my Hoyoo disagrees and said what he did was wrong for partnering with itoobiyan soldiers and command. I heard some good things about both sides, I think Mogadishu natives overwhelmingly supported the icu and some thought that it was wrong to create parellel goverment like icu against fgs but I need to research more
The miracle in question
57D532F0-2586-4E1E-99E6-D5FA666CAF7F.jpeg

EA96F68D-7CCA-4DFC-8CAF-5E3E8B6434AE.jpeg

Why do you guys always omit the fact that:

1. USC was backed and armed by Ethiopia, Aideed even allowed their forces to breach the border.

2. Al-Shabab wasn't established after the invasion of Ethiopia, but in 2003?

I'll try to break it down as best as I can so you can understand.

ICU moderate faction headed by Sheikh Shareef? Absolutely fine, no one had a problem with the moderates.

ICU extremists calling for an absolute jihad against Puntland, Somaliland, Kenya & Ethiopia? Towards the end of their tenure, the extremists were calling the shots and chased the moderates off, why do you think so many Somalis abandoned the ICU and joined the TFG? Cause no one was willing to ally themselves with or tolerate extremists who bomb Somali universities, hospitals, swimming pools, police stations etc.

Al-Shabab is the exact reason why the ICU had to be crushed, and good riddance for that.

Abdullahi Yusuf himself said that he regretted bring Ethiopian troops into Somalia.

No, he said he regretted waging a insurgency against Barre, just to have HAG plunge us into the dark ages, don't twist his words. Hawiye is the sole reason we have Habesha/AMISON in the South today, blame your forbears who couldn't see reason and decided to choose the gun, f*ck around & find out.

Celery

Vasodilator
HSM literally has to pay parliament more to not get impeached when he’s already low on funds. Everyone would want ICU in power, they kill troublesome Somalis and foreigners alike.
You’re advocating for Islamic terrorism?

Celery

Vasodilator
The current FGS invests a lot of time and energy on PR and touting every little achievement. They’re very good at it

Why do you guys always omit the fact that:

1. USC was backed and armed by Ethiopia, Aideed even allowed their forces to breach the border.

2. Al-Shabab wasn't established after the invasion of Ethiopia, but in 2003?

I'll try to break it down as best as I can so you can understand.

ICU moderate faction headed by Sheikh Shareef? Absolutely fine, no one had a problem with the moderates.

ICU extremists calling for an absolute jihad against Puntland, Somaliland, Kenya & Ethiopia? Towards the end of their tenure, the extremists were calling the shots and chased the moderates off, why do you think so many Somalis abandoned the ICU and joined the TFG? Cause no one was willing to ally themselves with or tolerate extremists who bomb Somali universities, hospitals, swimming pools, police stations etc.

Al-Shabab is the exact reason why the ICU had to be crushed, and good riddance for that.
Al Shabaab never bombed shit until the Ethiopian invasion. The Invasion was responsible for strengthening AS

No, he said he regretted waging a insurgency against Barre, just to have HAG plunge us into the dark ages, don't twist his words. Hawiye is the sole reason we have Habesha/AMISON in the South today, blame your forbears who couldn't see reason and decided to choose the gun, f*ck around & find out.
β€œf*ck Around and Find Out”
Do you realize how utterly pathetic you sound you didn’t defeat the Mujaahidiin you begged for Ethiopian assistance you let Amxaar into our greatest city you paved the way for them to rape women and raze mosques. You cretin, stop boasting of another man’s achievements you did nothing and if you don’t repent you will burn in hell along side AY (Lacantullahi Calayh)

Al Shabaab never bombed shit until the Ethiopian invasion. The Invasion was responsible for strengthening AS

They were already killing MJs, OGs and any other Somalis that stood in their way, if they were so peaceful, why was it their goal to overthrow the peaceful moderate faction and embed themselves in the courts/military units?

Celery

Vasodilator
How was it Taliban like? Women went to school, infrastructure was renovated etc.
Really??? 13 year old girls β€œsuspected of ZINA” were stoned to death in public. You think that’s sustainable? If they ruled they would be a pariah state and other countries would be justified in stepping in.

How was it Taliban like? Women went to school, infrastructure was renovated etc.

That was the MODERATES, not Al-Shabab. Al-Shabab wanted to run things Taliban style, their plan was to kill and overtake the moderates (Sheik Shareef faction) then declare a holy war on Puntland/Somaliland, then Ethiopia, literal terrorist lunatics.