Meet Sada Mire: The First Somali Archeologist Known To The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

uncleruckus

Sada-Mire-AfricaSpeaks-400x267.jpg

In 1991, young Mire and her mother fled the civil war in Somalia and ended up in Sweden. In 2007, she returned to her country of birth for the first time. Upon her return, she began to discover that Somalia had a lot of archeological heritage but was unexplored and disregarded; furthermore, it didn’t have a department organized for cultural heritage or antiquity. It was then that she set up and headed Somaliland’s Department of Antiquities, a branch of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism. She’s currently the director of tourism for Somaliland and the executive director of Horn Heritage Organisation (established since September 2011). Concurrently, she’s conducting post-doctoral research at University of Leiden specializing in the archaeology, ethnography and history of the peoples of North-East Africa, particularly Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti and Kenya. Her work focuses on the indigenous institutions and pre-Christian and pre-Islamic belief systems, material culture, (rock) art, rituals, practices and landscapes.

http://www.waryapost.com/meet-sada-mire-the-first-somali-archeologist-known-to-the-world/

S

Shamis

I can't wait to hear/read about her research on Eebe Waaq. She's been known for some years and she's a dedicated scholar. I wish her the very, very bestest of the best.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Yeah man there's so much history buried right underneath our feet but niggas would rather claim to be Arabs ignorin their 5ky+ history in favour of bein muwallads farted out in da last millennium

:francis:

Apollo

VIP
I hope that they test ancient remains from Somalia one day.

Recently they tested 4500 year old remains from a cave in Ethiopia. Those ancient Ethiopian remains had very different ancestry from modern Ethiopians.

Perhaps something similar is also going on between ancient Somalis vs modern Somalis.

S

Shamis

Waaq has two places named after it - whatever it was it was, it meant something.

S

Shamis

I hope that they test ancient bones from Somalia one day.

Recently they tested 4500 year old bones from a cave in Ethiopia. Those ancient Ethiopian remains had very different ancestry from modern Ethiopians.
Perhaps something similar is also going on between ancient Somalis vs modern Somalis.

She could have been from anywhere, feudalism made people settle in Ethiopia and gave them a common identity/set number of tribes.

Apollo

VIP
She could have been from anywhere, feudalism made people settle in Ethiopia and gave them a common identity/set number of tribes.

That 4500 yr old Ethiopian had no Middle Eastern or Nilotic ancestry, while most Ethiopians today have both of those components from recent migrations.

U

uncleruckus

Jaw bone fossil discovered in Ethiopia is oldest known human lineage remains
Around 400,000 years older than previous discovery of homo lineage, 2.8m-year-old jaw and five teeth was found on rocky slope in Afar region
40f74d55-6f18-49d9-8690-40e8b8c6add6-2060x1236.jpeg

A lower jaw bone and five teeth discovered on a hillside in Ethiopia are the oldest remains ever found that belong to the genus Homo, the lineage that ultimately led to modern humans.

Fossil hunters spotted the jaw poking out of a rocky slope in the dry and dusty Afar region of the country about 250 miles from Addis Ababa.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/...ethiopia-is-oldest-ever-human-lineage-remains

Last edited by a moderator:
U

uncleruckus

Actually let me edit that because what you're speaking of and what i am on about are two different thing's @Amun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts