Medieval Propaganda: In the middle ages, what did Arabs and Europeans say about Africans & Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Good video however there are things that I disagree with 1 the whole area of habesha was Christian
2 somalis were called zenj then how didn't ibn Batuta refer to them as that during his trips
Somalis were never referred to as Zanj. They were referred to as Berbers, aka muslim non-Arabs who didn't have a central authority or kingdom like there was in al-habash (Abysinnia).

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Wow this is some good feedback!! Thanks for the positive comments.
The mic has always been a problem. I'm going to get a new one ASAP.
Usually i just follow the pdf notes and i try to elaborate on the information.
So what exactly do you mean by scripted? Like, give me some examples of methods to be more scripted . . .
When I say, "scripted", I literally mean everything you say in the video could be written out.
This could make your videos much shorter and more concise, which is always a benefit in history based videos like this, as if you meander/repeat yourself too much your viewers will get bored and eventually click off the video.
Of course this would require a lot more planning but I think it would be worth it.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I know but this guy said they were called that
:manny:
Perhaps he has his sources. Regardless the popular way of referring to Somalis and other related groups in the Horn of Africa like the Beja and Afar was as Berbers. Even Ibn Battuta referred to them as such.
Either way I'm curious to see his response.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
When I say, "scripted", I literally mean everything you say in the video could be written out.
This could make your videos much shorter and more concise, which is always a benefit in history based videos like this, as if you meander/repeat yourself too much your viewers will get bored and eventually click off the video.
Of course this would require a lot more planning but I think it would be worth it.

That is way too much work. I do have a life you know. :ivers:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Good video however there are things that I disagree with 1 the whole area of habesha was Christian
2 somalis were called zenj then how didn't ibn Batuta refer to them as that during his trips

Thanks for the positive feedback. :dabcasar:

Just because a Arab Islamic geographer referred to Somalis as berber,
doesn't mean that they weren't also called zanj.:farole:

I discuss the derogatory meaning of the word berber in the videos. The word itself is despicable.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
:manny:
Perhaps he has his sources. Regardless the popular way of referring to Somalis and other related groups in the Horn of Africa like the Beja and Afar was as Berbers. Even Ibn Battuta referred to them as such.
Either way I'm curious to see his response.

Watch the first section of my Somali history series on the channel [or just check out the pdf on my academia.eu site]
In it i answer the question: what is the origin of the word berber? Some weird stuff is going on with that word.
I would recommend that you watch the videos because there's some stuff that i discuss, that i don't have on the pdf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts