Married gals how much is your Mehr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
am I the only one who finds the concept of Mehr outdated?

i know its mandatory and all but is it really necessary in this day and age? if the reason behind it is to give women some money to take care of themselves in case of a divorce, then that was perfectly fine when women completely depended on men. but in this day and age, most womens fallback shouldn't be the few grand they get for Mehr.

i rather have a job, my own savings and not technically be bought for few grands.:stopit:

We finally agree on something.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
i'm serious!!
who is this nigga?
seems like some people on this site are beefing with me without me even knowing it:browtf:
I have no clue but it's time your unrelenting ways have come back to haunt you :siilaanyosmile:

I have no clue but it's time your unrelenting ways have come back to haunt you :siilaanyosmile:
listen, i have tried to initiate a truce but by then my persona was fully formed.
i guess i just heve to go with it know:francis:
i have no choice but to karbash you guys at every chance :drakekidding:

Bohol

VIP
@Siddhartha Funniest thing is one halimo I went out on a date with once asked me on our first date how much I have saved LOL.
Some halimos sure do love money too much, it is scary.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
No one is checking for a mans wallet like that tbh. Most women can take care of themselves.
Even if you don't need the money later on the amount should be befitting your status
A young girl marrying for the first time that comes from a good family with a clean name and all the sharaf in the world should be gifted with something appropriate
If your man can afford more than 1k then youre a joke for accepting that
A woman should get what the women around her normally get

This is low key BS. While I agree 1k is really low, there's literally nothing wrong with accepting it. Variables that change a girl's desirability shouldn't affect her mahr. A girl from a good, wealthy family likely has higher mahr requirement than a girl from a poor and dysfunctional family. And that is perfectly fine since it's her call, even if it logically makes no sense since she has more to fall back on. Maybe it's just me being overly zealous and prideful but paying different amounts based on attributes is nonsense. You can decide to marry/not marry someone for whatever reason you want but once you've decided to, the mahr should make logical sense. I mean, do I get a discount if she's uneducated, divorced and from a dysfunctional family? While you can perfectly argue that it affects her desirability it shouldn't affect her mahr,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending