Map of Western Eurasian ancestry across the world

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
GHq6mFsW4AARkti

Why does nfd and JL have 10% and 20% respectively? Also central and northern regions of Somalia have 10% more Eurasian than Somali galbeed🤔
Its a faulty map. Its has the Maghreb coast at 90-100 even though the people there are a quarter SSA, with many even being half.

I don't think we have more eurasain than uzbeks, kazakhs and mongolians, seems like its just an arbitrary painting, anyone knows what scientific methods they employed to come with this conclusion

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
I don't think we have more eurasain than uzbeks, kazakhs and mongolians, seems like its just an arbitrary painting, anyone knows what scientific methods they employed to come with this conclusion
Don’t know the exact percentage of Uzbeks & Kazakhs but they are probably within similar range to Horners but the Mongolians average around 10% West Eurasian. There’s a huge difference between them and the Turkic Muslims of Central Asia

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
Its a faulty map. Its has the Maghreb coast at 90-100 even though the people there are a quarter SSA, with many even being half.
Many? That's a minority, most maghrebis are 20-25 SSA and cluster that way akhi.
Those who are "half" are outliers and are generally closer to horners than most coastal maghrebis. Remember most maghrebis have always lived near or around the coast or mountains. You are talking about southern maghrebis. There is a genetic cline between predominately eurasian at the coastal areas, and an intermediate positing in the sahara and eventually predominantly african.

You would rarely find people on the coast being no more than 25 SSA, it's simply that the iberomaursians were more african-shifted than egyptians during that time.

It's West Eurasian. Many populations from Central Asia and eastward show increased East Eurasian ancestry.

All the groups you mentioned are considerably East Eurasian:
1709474585609.png

Mongols are East Eurasians mixed with a minor structure from mixing with some Siberians that partly descend from a pre-historic West Eurasian-like population. Wikipedia claims it is from people of the Central Steppe, which makes sense to some extent given the Scythian spread and perhaps later minor gene flow. But I think some of that must be from Siberia.

Uzbek and Kazakh have the same through other means. Mostly sourcing their West Eurasian from Scythian and other earlier original Yamnaya-like maximal Bronze Age Steppe ancestry who had no East Eurasian ancestry. Turkics, to my knowledge, are originally the mix of Turkic Mongolic and some other northeast Asian that is shared with Chinese descendants with some minor Siberian that moved westward and received considerable Steppe ancestry.

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
It's West Eurasian. Many populations from Central Asia and eastward show increased East Eurasian ancestry.

All the groups you mentioned are considerably East Eurasian:View attachment 319017

Mongols are East Eurasians mixed with a minor structure from mixing with some Siberians that partly descend from a pre-historic West Eurasian-like population. Wikipedia claims it is from people of the Central Steppe, which makes sense to some extent given the Scythian spread and perhaps later minor gene flow. But I think some of that must be from Siberia.

Uzbek and Kazakh have the same through other means. Mostly sourcing their West Eurasian from Scythian and other earlier original Yamnaya-like maximal Bronze Age Steppe ancestry who had no East Eurasian ancestry. Turkics, to my knowledge, are originally the mix of Turkic Mongolic and some other northeast Asian that is shared with Chinese descendants with some minor Siberian that moved westward and received considerable Steppe ancestry.
I've got a question to ask, who were the ancestral north africans? How divergent were they from other fellow african populations? Because ANA+West African is the source of SSA for maghrebis generally speaking correct me if i'm wrong akhi

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Loop Trump GIF

We have zero Eurasian ancestry

Ain't no way that my blue-black people have any Eurasian

:mjlol:
Even the Yorubas have West Eurasian ancestry due to Saharan Iberomaurisian ancestry. Eastern Saharans whether Nilotic or Saharan speakers definitely have minor West Eurasian ancestry as well

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
Even the Yorubas have West Eurasian ancestry due to Saharan Iberomaurisian ancestry. Eastern Saharans whether Nilotic or Saharan speakers definitely have minor West Eurasian ancestry as well
Same with MENAs and Europeans if i'm not wrong Anatolian Neolithic Farmer has minor ANA through their natufian ancestry. MENAs derive their african admixture through the trans saharan slave trades and natufians having some african admixture. Europeans, especially southern europeans also have very minor SSA through ANA + IBM.

Last edited:

World

VIP
I've got a question to ask, who were the ancestral north africans? How divergent were they from other fellow african populations? Because ANA+West African is the source of SSA for maghrebis generally speaking correct me if i'm wrong akhi
The Ancestral North Africans were native basal African like Mota/Khoisan type. Hunter gatherers from the Caucasus region then mixed with ANA, creating the IBM who were 45 % SSA.

Modern Northwest Africans are about ~ 25 % IBM and ~10 % recent SSA.

Last edited:

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Don’t know the exact percentage of Uzbeks & Kazakhs but they are probably within similar range to Horners but the Mongolians average around 10% West Eurasian. There’s a huge difference between them and the Turkic Muslims of Central Asia
You're right steppe turks are between 40 - 50% while some Uyghur's reach up to 70% West Eurasian admixture

1709513410070.png

^ Example of high West Eurasian admixed Uyghur

Last edited:

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
The Ancestral North Africans were native basal African like Mota/Khoisan type. Hunter gatherers from the Caucasus region then mixed with ANA, creating the IBM who were 45 % SSA.

Modern Northwest Africans are about ~ 25 % IBM and ~10 % recent SSA.
Most of the Berbers are 30%+ IBM except the Tunisian Berbers (Arab admixed) and majority of the mountain Berbers across the Maghreb and who makeup 90% of the Amazigh population of Africa, generally are under 10% SSA. It's the Maghrebi Arabs who have heightened SSA ancestry, low IBM & high Natufian

Mountain Berbers:
Screenshot 2024-03-03 203638.png

Maghrebi Arabs:
Screenshot 2024-03-03 204400.png

Trending

Latest posts