I've lost hope

I have been following politics in Somalia for two years. I have completely lost hope. For the country, with one good news comes 10 bad news. What keeps me here is the country's history alone. How long will this situation remain like this? I cannot reach 50 years of my life while living in the diaspora and the country is in the same situation. I do not think about separatism, but Somali politicians are pressuring you to do so

I have been following politics in Somalia for two years. I have completely lost hope. For the country, with one good news comes 10 bad news. What keeps me here is the country's history alone. How long will this situation remain like this? I cannot reach 50 years of my life while living in the diaspora and the country is in the same situation. I do not think about separatism, but Somali politicians are pressuring you to do so
None of these "politicians" represent the somali ppl and are all puppets, and how old are u know? What are the bad news? Also are u somali, wdym What keeps me here is the country's history alone. What separatism are u talking about

There's nothing wrong with losing hope. I felt a huge burden leave me the moment I lost hope for Somalia. Why should I feel guilty and ashamed for a war that has been going on even before I was born? I have been to Somalia and once you see the way people over there view life, you'll lose even more hope. They know nothing else but screaming 'landheere' and 'langaab' to each other 50% of the day.

Chillin

Farxiyo fiska’s body guard
I’m a wadani but I admit this to walahi, the country has made progress since 2006 but man the large scale corruption is insane and Somaliweyn is just a dream at this point we’ve been in humiliation since the fall of the country. I knew shit was crazy when a couple uncles where bad mouthing clans in the masjid when he mentioned my clan I felt like saying something but I was like nah let me do my dhikir but it makes you think why are Somalis so backwards they’re actually insane

I don’t go on somali twitter, espcially for poltics anymore. Alhamdulilah i’ve noticed improvements in my mental health and outlook on life.

Focus on your life and your deen. Inshallah i’ll try to do what i can when i’m at a position to do so however until then i’ll keep my head out of somali poltics and worry about the present and my current surroundings

There's nothing wrong with losing hope. I felt a huge burden leave me the moment I lost hope for Somalia. Why should I feel guilty and ashamed for a war that has been going on even before I was born? I have been to Somalia and once you see the way people over there view life, you'll lose even more hope. They know nothing else but screaming 'landheere' and 'langaab' to each other 50% of the day.
When I saw Facebook, I knew the country was finished and I didn't even travel there. We need to cleanse people's minds mentally and treat them psychologically as well, but how can we do that if the government is so helpless that it is unable to even fulfill its promises against a dangerous terrorist movement? Have you seen Parliament? Have you seen how their clothes cost $3000/5000? The people and soldiers are suffering, I can't bear it anymore

I don’t go on somali twitter, espcially for poltics anymore. Alhamdulilah i’ve noticed improvements in my mental health and outlook on life.

Focus on your life and your deen. Inshallah i’ll try to do what i can when i’m at a position to do so however until then i’ll keep my head out of somali poltics and worry about the present and my current surroundings
I had a Twitter account in 2021, but I deleted it and then came back in 2022 because I wanted to know what the conditions were like in the country, but now I cannot bear that because of my mental health.

Saw this video of Aden Adde visiting West Germany in the 60s to improve relations and they were speaking about us so positively. I couldn’t imagine a time in history where Somalia was actually respected and not looked at as a shithole. Seeing that to now fobs fighting over clans on TikTok is such a brutal blackpill :meleshame:

Don't lose hope. That dameer HSM has two more years left and frankly speaking, I don't think we can get anyone worse than him or Farmajo. May Allah give us Deni or Khayre as president next

Saw this video of Aden Adde visiting West Germany in the 60s to improve relations and they were speaking about us so positively. I couldn’t imagine a time in history where Somalia was actually respected and not looked at as a shithole. Seeing that to now fobs fighting over clans on TikTok is such a brutal blackpill :meleshame:
they used to call muqdisho the pearl of the indian ocean, now that title is held by sri lanka.

it used to be a beautiful city but now its cluttered with randomly placed and badly colored buildings. Let's not forget to mention the destroyed buildings left over from the war and all the laamyeeris and jiingads.

its all so tiring :deadrose:

Don't lose hope. That dameer HSM has two more years left and frankly speaking, I don't think we can get anyone worse than him or Farmajo. May Allah give us Deni or Khayre as president next
relax on the name calling akh. You don't wanna be earning sins and giving him ur good deeds like this

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Somalia's political situation reminds me of a bad Latin Soap Opera aka telenovela. The plot is confusing, far-fetched, and hard to follow.
eva longoria what GIF by Telenovela

When I saw Facebook, I knew the country was finished and I didn't even travel there. We need to cleanse people's minds mentally and treat them psychologically as well, but how can we do that if the government is so helpless that it is unable to even fulfill its promises against a dangerous terrorist movement? Have you seen Parliament? Have you seen how their clothes cost $3000/5000? The people and soldiers are suffering, I can't bear it anymore
I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been any major protests or street demonstrations yet. Call me naive sxb but surely the people have had enough of living in some of the worst living conditions on earth for decades, after all that is what other country's people do when they are frustrated by the lack of development. How is it that the Egyptians staged massive protests against a much stronger government but Somalis can't even do that against this weak one? I find it hard to believe that qabil leaders are still able to get support by people when they do nothing to help them.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been any major protests or street demonstrations yet. Call me naive sxb but surely the people have had enough of living in some of the worst living conditions on earth for decades, after all that is what other country's people do when they are frustrated by the lack of development. How is it that the Egyptians staged massive protests against a much stronger government but Somalis can't even do that against this weak one? I find it hard to believe that qabil leaders are still able to get support by people when they do nothing to help them.
only street protest i recall was for the murder of lulu

Trending

Latest posts