Is The Adal Sultan Abu Bakr Ibn Muhammad A Somali Or A Harari

Why would anyone's nickname/title be upper land/country? You overcooked the suugo science bro + if you're implying he's was an ethio-semitic speaker then your own argument humiliats your point. If we say that he got his title (badlay=upperlands/country) by conquering the highlands as you said then he must've been a lowlander himself (meaning a somali speaker) because it won't make sense otherwise.

So yeah my etymology and @Three Moons alternatives make way more sense then your suugo science.
as an onlooker who doesnt know much,

this is a strong argument to be fair

Why would anyone's nickname/title be upper land/country? You overcooked the suugo science bro + if you're implying he's was an ethio-semitic speaker then your own argument humiliats your point. If we say that he got his title (badlay=upperlands/country) by conquering the highlands as you said then he must've been a lowlander himself (meaning a somali speaker) because it won't make sense otherwise.

So yeah my etymology and @Three Moons alternatives make way more sense than your suugo science.
Killer of bandits doesn’t sound much better, considering the default should be that there are no bandits. Sultan Badlay is a conqueror, he is the Sultan of the upper country. Look at the topological map below. All of Abysinnia is a highland. Adal consisted of Zeila, Awsa, and the lands between so we know what the real highlands are.💀
1713653339369.png

wait so you even think Nur ibn mujahid wasnt somali?
No I am saying if Marehan are claiming Amir Nur, the guy who built the walls in Harar, then my Harari language etymology for Marehan should make more sense. It just shows they interacted with each other.

😂bud didn’t even address a single thing I said. Ima talk with people who know what a discussion is.
Nah chat to me. Don’t run away. I won’t bite 🤣

I understand your desperately trying to preserve your peoples history and I’m with you on that but to claim Harar and Adal as a Harari led kingdom while separating Somalis from Harar and Harla as a separate entity is laughable. Harla, Somaal, Tumaal, Birmaal, Bimaal are all occupations.

Show me a large Harari farming community across former Harla territories today. I dare you. You can’t because you never had deep roots in the region to begin with.

Your entire identity as a Harari revolves around Harar town only.

wait so you even think Nur ibn mujahid wasnt somali?

He was close relative of the imam. Even Richard Burton noted it when he was in Harar almost 2 centuries ago and we all know the imam was Somali. I don’t think imam’s family would allow Gurey’s wife to marry a random Adalite. He must have been extremely close.

IMG_4576.png

Nah chat to me. Don’t run away. I won’t bite 🤣

I understand your desperately trying to preserve your peoples history and I’m with you on that but to claim Harar and Adal as a Harari led kingdom while separating Somalis from Harar and Harla as a separate entity is laughable. Harla, Somaal, Tumaal, Birmaal, Bimaal are all occupations.

Show me a large Harari farming community across former Harla territories today. I dare you. You can’t because you never had deep roots in the region to begin with.

Your entire identity as a Harari revolves around Harar town only.
Where is the Harlamaal😂? Harari culture is built upon agriculture and farming. It’s just that Haile Selassie ethnically cleansed us and Derg took away all our farmlands.
1713654788881.png

He was close relative of the imam. Even Richard Burton noted it when he was in Harar almost 2 centuries ago and we all know the imam was Somali. I don’t think imam’s family would allow Gurey’s wife to marry a random Adalite. He must have been extremely close.

View attachment 325651
His tribe is Suhaywan, another Harari name😂. Can you tell me what Haywan is, oh descendant of Amir Nur?

Bro can you tell me Somali farming culture? Im all ears

You don’t need to look far my brother. Baabili one of the largest agro-pastoral community of East Hararghe and where majority of Gurey’s sub sub sub tribe live is just a stones throw from Harar. Gurey’s parent tribe (Karanle) which is much larger has farms as far as Negeyle and Sidame and from Awash to Bay and Bakool. In fact Negeyle and Qarsadulla are the bread basked of Ethiopia when it comes to coffee and sorghum. To show all of them is crazy but here are few examples

Read this about Iimey.

IMG_3858.jpeg

This video below is from southern Bale near Guji Zone

Last edited:
You don’t need to look far my brother. Baabili one of the largest agro-pastoral community of East Hararghe and where majority of Gurey’s sub sub sub tribe live is just a stones throw from Harar. Gurey’s parent tribe (Karanle) which is much larger has farms as far as Negeyle and Sidame and from Awash to Bay and Bakool. In fact Negeyle and Qarsadulla are the bread basked of Ethiopia when it comes to coffee and sorghum. To show all of them is crazy but here are few examples

Read this about Iimey.

View attachment 325655

Nothing of substance. I asked you the knowledge regarding history of Somali farming techniques. Anyone can you please send info? I’ll make a thread just about it.

Nothing of substance. I asked you the knowledge regarding history of Somali farming techniques. Anyone can you please send info? I’ll make a thread just about it.
I don’t understand? What techniques? We literally the breadbasket of Ethiopia. Surely you need extensive knowledge and techniques to make it happen right?

Killer of bandits doesn’t sound much better, considering the default should be that there are no bandits.
Read al maqrizi
He speaks about how he brought order, made the caravan routes (or just routes) peaceful and dimimued the high prices, basically before him it was a society suitable for bandits so my etymology makes much sense.
Screenshot___Chrome-22.jpg

Sultan Badlay is a conqueror, he is the Sultan of the upper country.
His title was badlay so according to you he was nicknamed the uppercountry?
Screenshot_20240420-163737_Discord.jpg

"Shibah al din Ahmed, nicknamed badlay"
:ulyin:
Adal consisted of Zeila, Awsa, and the lands between so we know what the real highlands are.💀
1713653339369.png
Tf this mean? Are you trying to deny that ethio semitic speakers are highlanders?!
Bro we wuzzing the lowlands
preview (1).jpg

@oogabooga Sultan Baadlay did fix the huge problem of bandits and random highwayman robbing people I'll find the sources on this. They weren't a small issue either they caused great disturbances and stopped trade

Read al maqrizi
He speaks about how he brought order, made the caravan routes (or just routes) peaceful and dimimued the high prices, basically before him it was a society suitable for bandits so my etymology makes much sense.
View attachment 325661

His title was badlay so according to you he was nicknamed the uppercountry? View attachment 325662
"Shibah al din Ahmed, nicknamed badlay"
:ulyin:

Tf this mean? Are you trying to deny that ethio semitic speakers are highlanders?!
Bro we wuzzing the lowlands
View attachment 325666
Bud do you even read Arabic? Look at your own snippet😂. It literally said he was nicknamed “Badlay Malik.” What a joke bro, I actually wanted a genuine discussion but your own text is literally telling you not. Sultan Badlay was notable for his conquest of Abysinnia which was greater than even what Imam Ahmed pulled off, yet you want to tell me he he slaughtered bandits? If that was the case, then so many other leaders in Adal history should be called bandit killer😂. No one invaded Abysinnia as well as he did, what a man may Allah have mercy on him.

I don’t know if you even read Futuh yet or if your only source of history is hearsay from DarkN*, but when Imam Ahmed crossed the Awash and climbed the mountain, Arab Faqih mentioned how they were in the country of Lai. Lai means “upper lands” in this context obviously, because it’s a location in the mountains. You don’t even know how to read a topological map, so embarassing. Adal wasn’t only situated on the Harar plateau, while everything in Abysinnia was in the deep highlands. You can’t be calling Harar plateau highlands in comparison to the Abysinnian highlands. Adal was also Awsa, Zeila, and all lands in between.