Is Mogadishu the capital city of Somalia or the capital city for one tribe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
As half my family are from Kismayo I would vehemently reject that, I think galkacyo or cerigaabo or baidabo would be much more reasonable cause there's different tribes who reside there whereas kismayo is owned by Harti.
Ceerigabo is an Isaaq city.That will never happen....

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
The whole argument boils down to "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine". If you want qabiil dominated states then all you'll ever have is a qabiil dominanted capital. About the stolen property thing, remember that last semblence of a legitimate government that pacified large swaths of southern Somalia, kicking out warlords and returning lost property. Do you remember who it was who brought foreing troops to fight them, putting us in this quagmire with Al Shabab because I think you do. Also you can go to Xamar, put in a request to have stolen property returned.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
i would like the capital to be moved to somewhere else? probably the strategic town of kismayo.

Most Darood have not been able to get over the fact that Xamar is a Hawiye city and that they have no business being there. Our best bet is to focus on Kismayo as our main city in Somalia, while making sure the federal government in Mogadishu is as weak as possible. I personally would never feel safe in Mogadishu, so I support the moving of the capital to neutral ground like Baidoa.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The whole argument boils down to "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine". If you want qabiil dominated states then all you'll ever have is a qabiil dominanted capital. About the stolen property thing, remember that last semblence of a legitimate government that pacified large swaths of southern Somalia, kicking out warlords and returning lost property. Do you remember who it was who brought foreing troops to fight them, putting us in this quagmire with Al Shabab because I think you do. Also you can go to Xamar, put in a request to have stolen property returned.

Not true. The ICU was going against a president who had been elected by the representatives of Somalis for a 4 year term. Abdullahi Yusuf was the legitimate president of Somalia and the ICU declared war on him. But that was not the reason why Ethiopia got into Somalia. Meles Zenawi was pressured by Jendayi Frazer to go into Somali, this was 2006 and the height of the "War on Terror" under Bush. Ethiopia entered Somalia without any Somali permission and took the side of the recognized government.

The biggest reason Puntland supported this was that the ICU had declared Puntland its enemy and was already in Mudug by the time Ethiopia entered Beledweyne. The people in the south may have been fine living under the ICU as it was better than the warlords, but the people in Puntland were ready to fight for their state. The amount of bloodshed that would have happened would have been unbelievable. People forget this fact when they talk about why Puntland supported the Ethiopian's takeover of the south, the ICU was already at war with Puntland.

What about war lords Morgan becoming the police chief? :lolbron:

You guys have your fair share of war lords worry about them

First of all regional police chief position can not be compared to the president of country. Second Morgan is fighting the al Shabab (with his old experience).

Something else sharif sheikh ex warlord in his term he agreed to the MOU which put us in court. BTW he changed 2 prime ministers to have the last saying. Meaning he is ex warlord and traitor.
And you are defending him.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
First of all regional police chief position can not be compared to the president of country. Second Morgan is fighting the al Shabab (with his old experience).

Something else sharif sheikh ex warlord in his term he agreed to the MOU which put us in court. BTW he changed 2 prime ministers to have the last saying. Meaning he is ex warlord and traitor.
And you are defending him.

When have I ever defended a war lord. You're the one over here defending a mass murderer. You got your fair share of war lords worry about them!

When have I ever defended a war lord. You're the one over here defending a mass murderer. You got your fair share of war lords worry about them!

Your traitor warlord is running for the position of Somalia president so he can sell more of country resources.

As for Morgan, the government can arrest him if THEY WANT but no one wants to arrest him. I am worrying about my country name and dignity which had gone to mud because HSM, Sharif sheikh. Take responsibility you failed in running the country

Last edited:

Merca

Inactive.
So much hate against hawiye on this site! What other city do you suggest as the capital? Most cities in Somalia seem to consist of one tribe.

Merca

Inactive.
Some people on this site call themselves nationalists but at the same time they insult other clans. You guys know who you are.

Seoul

. . .
mjfls.gif

:siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh: Xamar will always be a hawiye capital so keep crying es

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Bahal mayn you are one of the few decent darods alongside @Mohamud @metamorphosis

There isn't a single person here who'd be OK with going back home sans their Western passport

:chrisfreshhah:

Expend energy defending long dead mythical patriarchs brehs

Escape clan warfare and inevitable state collapse but talk shit from the white man's country brehs

:chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah::chrisfreshhah:

I'll be the progressive one and reiterate myself;

Mogadishu is a multi-ethnic and multi-qabiil city, and measures should be taken to continue that. All qabiils are welcome.

I don't care if it's Hawiye majority or not. Though Hawiye will most likely remain the biggest qabiil, but we're not cuqdad ridden and Insha'Allah Mogadishu will be a fair ground for all.

My dad personally grew up in a non-hawiye majority neighborhood in Mogadishu, but describes it as a peaceful place with next to none qabiil conflicts. He grew up alongside people from Ashharaf, Darood, Cadcad, Isaaq and other qabiils alongside 3-4th gen Yemeni Arabs. Barre did good for Mogadishu :ehh:

Status
Not open for further replies.