ICJ judgement In Somali v Kenya maritime 'border' case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
But you are enabling them this way, you had to say the truth, it will hurt their feelings but will free them later. Most of the medicines are bitter but they cure. No more baby sitting them and watching for their feelings. They ruined Somalia.

I believe in reconciliation. Blaming millions for things they didn't do makes that impossible. This sort of attitude put us in this position to begin with. We've tried 26 years of animosity and hatred, look where it's gotten us. What do you hope to gain from creating more animosity?

waraabe

Your superior
But you are enabling them this way, you had to say the truth, it will hurt their feelings but will free them later. Most of the medicines are bitter but they cure. No more baby sitting them and watching for their feelings. They ruined Somalia.

Why you blame it hawiye? The pm who ordered the minister to sign was darod

I believe in reconciliation. Blaming millions for things they didn't do makes that impossible. This sort of attitude put us in this position to begin with. We've tried 26 years of animosity and hatred, look where it's gotten us. What do you hope to gain from creating more animosity?

Look at their comments, laughing and celebrating @Bahal they don't care about Somalia or anything that is happening there. expect the member inquisitive ( true patriot ) and sorry if I hurt his feelings.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Look at their comments, laughing and celebrating @Bahal they don't care about Somalia or anything that is happening there. expect the member inquisitive ( true patriot ) and sorry if I hurt his feelings.
Say wallahi you're daacad?!
:damn::damn::damn:

@Prince Abubu

The Kenyan's didn't want the courts to even hear the case, because they know it will drag out for multiple years meaning that the Norwegian company will not invest until there is a verdict, in that respect, they have lost the case, because the court will hear the case, this process will likely take a few years until a verdict is delivered.

@Canuck

That was your dumbest post I have read on here and very ignorant too, if you listened to the court case, they mentioned CC by name as the person responsible for the MOU agreement, everybody with a basic understanding knows this, and there is clips were he was called out on this, yes that lackey Shakur signed it and both deserve to be hanged for this.

Sheikh Shariif has nothing to do with it, in the same way President Erdogan did not order the shooting of the Russian warplane, but the PM did and even the Russian's knew and wanted him sacked as a result which Erdogan did, this is basic constitutional stuff and pitfalls of President/Prime-minister systems.

However during this fiasco while HSM was taking them to court, Gaas public-ally came out criticising taking Kenya to court and even worse said 'Madoobe' is responsible for the 'maritime' rights of the coast of Jubaland, a fucking federal leader protected by Kikuyu soldiers at that time, Ghandi was also part of this MOU.

If you want to spin this into dumb Qabiil, you come off worse here as a Darood, it was ordered by a Darood (CC), signed by Hawiye lackey, in a Darood run federal state, agreed by a Darood run federal leader (Ghandi/Madoobe), that was protected by the same Kikuyu troops and government responsible.

Taken to court by a Hawiye president (HSM) whilst being openly criticised for this decision by Darood Federal leader (Gaas) and several Darood MP's in Jubaland, including Darood federal leader (Madoobe).

I do not have any loyalty to clan, but the dirt hits all of us, no one is immune from this treachery, it's a collective shame, so let's not argue who is to blame more.

U.N.'s court says it can rule on Somalia-Kenya boundary case

THE HAGUE (Reuters) - The United Nations' highest court ruled on Thursday it has the authority to adjudicate in a maritime boundary dispute between Kenya and Somalia over stretches of the Indian Ocean potentially rich in oil and gas.

Somalia asked the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague to rule on the maritime boundaries between the two coastal nations in 2014 after negotiations over the 100,000 square kilometer stretch of sea floor broke down.

The ruling means Somalia's boundary demarcation claim against Kenya can proceed, potentially affecting hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation rights Kenya has already granted in the roughly triangular area of contested ocean.

Companies that have been awarded Indian Ocean exploration blocks by Kenya include Tullow, Erin Energy, FAR and Dominion, though it is not clear if their parcels lie within the affected area.

Judges rejected Kenya's claim that a 2009 agreement between the two countries amounted to a commitment to settle the matter out of court, depriving the court of jurisdiction.

"The court finds that Kenya's preliminary objection to the jurisdiction of the court must be rejected," presiding judge Ronny Abraham said, reading from the judgment in the tribunal's ornate courtroom.

Speaking outside the court, Kenya's Attorney General Githu Muigai said his country would "vigorously prosecute its case" in the upcoming hearings on the demarcation dispute, which have yet to be scheduled.

Kenya had a central role to play in fighting the maritime security risk from the Al Shabaab Islamist militant group in the pirate-infested waters, he added, and said the court case would not change this.

"Kenya maintains the view that litigation can resolve only one aspect of a wide range of complex issues the parties must agree upon," he said.

Cases at the ICJ, which rules on disputes between states over international treaties, can last many years. Its rulings are binding, though the court has no enforcement powers and countries have been known to ignore its verdicts.

(Reporting by Stephanie van den Berg; Writing by Thomas Escritt; Editing by Tom Heneghan)

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-n-top-court-says-judges-rule-somalia-154114310.html

So basically, all they've done is decide that there will be a court ruling to decide who gets it. Judging by the level of corruption, treason and incompetence I don't hold much faith in us winning eventually. But the longer we drag it, the better.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

I think you might have slightly misinterpreted "their" posts.

Taken to court by a Hawiye president (HSM) whilst being openly criticised for this decision by Darood Federal leader (Gaas) and several Darood MP's in Jubaland, including Darood federal leader (Madoobe).
Really? :ohhh:

What's their reason against going to court?

@Prince Abubu

The Kenyan's didn't want the courts to even hear the case, because they know it will drag out for multiple years meaning that the Norwegian company will not invest until there is a verdict, in that respect, they have lost the case, because the court will hear the case, this process will likely take a few years until a verdict is delivered.

@Canuck

That was your dumbest post I have read on here and very ignorant too, if you listened to the court case, they mentioned CC by name as the person responsible for the MOU agreement, everybody with a basic understanding knows this, and there is clips were he was called out on this, yes that lackey Shakur signed it and both deserve to be hanged for this.

Sheikh Shariif has nothing to do with it, in the same way President Erdogan did not order the shooting of the Russian warplane, but the PM did and even the Russian's knew and wanted him sacked as a result which Erdogan did, this is basic constitutional stuff and pitfalls of President/Prime-minister systems.

However during this fiasco while HSM was taking them to court, Gaas public-ally came out criticising taking Kenya to court and even worse said 'Madoobe' is responsible for the 'maritime' rights of the coast of Jubaland, a fucking federal leader protected by Kikuyu soldiers at that time, Ghandi was also part of this MOU.

If you want to spin this into dumb Qabiil, you come off worse here as a Darood, it was ordered by a Darood (CC), signed by Hawiye lackey, in a Darood run federal state, agreed by a Darood run federal leader (Ghandi/Madoobe), that was protected by the same Kikuyu troops and government responsible.

I do not have any loyalty to clan, but the dirt hits all of us, no one is immune from this treachery, it's a collective shame, so let's not argue who is to blame more.

CC is traitor also and should be hanged but sharif sheikh and HSM are Kenyan citizens and conflicts of interest here. I so sorry if I hurt your feelings but I can not handle it anymore.

waraabe

Your superior
I think Somalia should sign a deal with china for oil exploration in that area. They will fund and support Somalia in the court case and get to work while giving Somalia a decent return

I think Somalia should sign a deal with china for oil exploration in that area. They will fund and support Somalia in the court case and get to work while giving Somalia a decent return

I think no one should touch that area until a responsible Somali government gets to power. Otherwise, what's the difference between Somali politicians robbing our natural resources and kenyan politicians looting it?:mjcry::kendrickcry:

I think no one should touch that area until a responsible Somali government gets to power. Otherwise, what's the difference between Somali politicians robbing our natural resources and kenyan politicians looting it?:mjcry::kendrickcry:

The Kenyan government already made deals with china concerning the gas in that area, and china provided the Kenyan army 's clothes, plus setting deals with Ethiopia about Ogaden gas. China also will build base in Djibouti to monitor her interest in the horn. My interest lies with the Americans not china.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts