I was mistaken for Oromo

I remember being in a masjid, and I was questionably assumed as being Oromo. He spoke to me in their language as well, and was surprised I didn't answer back. It doesn't help either that my Af Somali has been called Oromo, I come here out of curiosity for what would make someone look Oromo?

I remember being in a masjid, and I was questionably assumed as being Oromo. He spoke to me in their language as well, and was surprised I didn't answer back. It doesn't help either that my Af Somali has been called Oromo, I come here out of curiosity for what would make someone look Oromo?
How are Djiboutians different from Oromos and afar? Dont u guys do IR with them?

Where do you live that you would be mistaken for Oromo? Somalis have a way bigger diaspora, honestly I never believe any Somali that claims to be mistaken for another ethnic group

I think most of the people on this forum haven't traveled. If you see Arsi Oromo's they are indistinguishable from Somalis. I was surprised how similar we were when I went to Ethiopia, from their dress to how they act, especially since they are muslim.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
We look similar, I know other horners that look like somalis and vice versa. Pretty common, I have been mistaken for a habesha.

We look similar, I know other horners that look like somalis and vice versa. Pretty common, I have been mistaken for a habesha.
Habeshas usually don't look Somali, especially the men, I've noticed the women blend in better but even then they tend to be way light skinned and look like slightly darker Arabs

I think most of the people on this forum haven't traveled. If you see Arsi Oromo's they are indistinguishable from Somalis. I was surprised how similar we were when I went to Ethiopia, from their dress to how they act, especially since they are muslim.
Those guys probably have some Somali dna, I seen some of their dna test results

No we're not.. we're just like slavs and brits
I'm as distant to an Oromo as an Englishman is to a Pole, so maybe he's right

1658848359340.png

1658848431289.png

:mjlaugh:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Habeshas usually don't look Somali, especially the men, I've noticed the women blend in better but even then they tend to be way light skinned and look like slightly darker Arabs

I know personally habeshas dark & light, also they look far from arabs, they have their own ethnic look just as us somalis but sometimes there are people who look similar, my habesha friend has been mistaken so many times for a somali and I know couple somali guys who look like habeshas.

All Ethiopian non-Somali races' men are uglier and have more negro features than Somali men, women on the other hand may resemble each other more than men, I can easily distinguish a Somali from any Ethiopian. The hair is a dead giveaway, Ethiopian men most of them don't take care of their hair and their head looks dusty and unbrushed all the time.
But I've run into two Eritrean saho guys the other day, Saho men pretty much resemble Somali men more than any other horner ethnic. I think of them as lost Somalis, shall we Somalize them?