GENETICS I got my 23andme DNA results 🤨

Good results, love seeing more J haplogroup in the Somali Community :)

Myself i am J haplogroup too, mine has been already determine tho. https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Y178104/

Doubt it as she is full karanle on both side of her family.

There isn't enough evidence to link the J haplogroup her half brother carries to anyone, but it could be an early one from the Middle East that came with the religious people who settled in Harair and the surrounding areas for all we know.

She could do Yfull, even though its expensive and takes months to come. As @Psychologist said, i would advice her to do the cladefinder, and then we can somehow interrupt the results. :)

Nice! Where are you from in somlaia and which clan are you?

I've been trying to get my half bros raw dna data to try the subclade finder but I still haven't managed to get through to him.. busy doctor!

This whole thing is very interesting though, I can't wait to find out more inshallah 😊

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
Nice! Where are you from in somlaia and which clan are you?

I've been trying to get my half bros raw dna data to try the subclade finder but I still haven't managed to get through to him.. busy doctor!

This whole thing is very interesting though, I can't wait to find out more inshallah 😊
Everywhere walhi, from the North to galbeed (where my grandparents are from) to bari. :) I am Madhiban, Xuseen Maxamed.

Get that, too excited to see the next results. He could have provided you with the login information for 23andme so you could download files. Easier for you and for him.

Yes, excited for a fellow J haplogroup, Would love to see where you land. Inashallah

Everywhere walhi, from the North to galbeed (where my grandparents are from) to bari. :) I am Madhiban, Xuseen Maxamed.

Get that, too excited to see the next results. He could have provided you with the login information for 23andme so you could download files. Easier for you and for him.

Yes, excited for a fellow J haplogroup, Would love to see where you land. Inashallah

Okay, good to know mashallah!

Will update once I get the info inshallah 😊

Thanks ina adeer, all Loobage I have seen so far inculding me are E-V32.

Attachments

• my haplogroup .jpg
    my haplogroup .jpg
    254 KB · Views: 98
Thanks ina adeer, all Loobage I have seen so far inculding me are E-V32.
Interesting results. I'm from the Kalenjin tribe of Kenya. On 23andme I have Kalenjin cousins with E-V32 & E-M293. I don't know their clans, so I can't tell who the patriarch is.

Attachments

• 1676698937439.png
    1676698937439.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 1676699276121.png
    1676699276121.png
    31 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Interesting results. I'm from the Kalenjin tribe of Kenya. On 23andme I have Kalenjin cousins with E-V32 & E-M293. I don't know their clans, so I can't tell who the patriarch is.
Almost though you were our resident the one and only @Nilotic 😂 What’s the difference between all the nilotes ? Why do some have similar numbers and words as the cushites and some don’t ?

Garaad diinle

 
Almost though you were our resident the one and only @Nilotic 😂 What’s the difference between all the nilotes ? Why do some have similar numbers and words as the cushites and some don’t ?
Well nilotes in kenya tanzania and you could say to a degree uganda are to a large degree mixed with cushites. I think our kalenjin friend here can tell us that they call rain in their language rooba. There are a number of vocabularies they inherited from the original cushitic inhabitants of these three countries. They probably intermixed with population similar to arbore who is a somaloid people. Bantus also intermixed with cushites.

Here is a list of the cushitic vocabulary found in the proto language of the southern nilotes.

5uRbJwe.png

By the way he said that some of his cousins got e-m293 which i always thought came from either arabia or north africa. I think there were degodia, Murule and gaaljecel who by the way all belong to the same clan that got e-m293. This haplogroup might actually be ancient and might very well have come down from northern sudan along side our e-v32.

Last edited:
Well nilotes in kenya tanzania and you could say to a degree uganda are to a large degree mixed with cushites. I think our kalenjin friend here can tell us that they call rain in their language rooba. There are a number of vocabularies they inherited from the original cushitic inhabitants of these three countries. They probably intermixed with population similar to arbore who is a somaloid people. Bantus also intermixed with cushites.

Here is a list of the cushitic vocabulary found in the proto language of the southern nilotes.

5uRbJwe.png

By the way he said that some of his cousins got e-m293 which i always thought came from either arabia or north africa. I think there were degodia, Murule and gaaljecel who by the way all belong to the same clan that got e-m293. This haplogroup might actually be ancient and might very well have come down from northern sudan along side our e-v32.
That’s an interesting point you made there on em293. Am not surprised of the mixing of nilotes and cushites when even further bantu have mixed with our distant cushites the tutsis.

why are sheekhaal part hawiye and part non hawiye? reer aw hassan sub clan dont claim hawiye and are under beesha 5aad.
It depends on what sub of sheekhal they are and where they live/have history with hawiye. Loobage live with hawiye and claim they are such.

Your lineage E-CTS99 (aka E-Z1725) is Niger-Congo in origin

While your cousins with E-M293 and E-V32 have Cushitic lineages
Yes. In Kalenjin society there are two types of clans: Original and non-original. Original meaning the founders were Kalenjin. My clan (non-original) is said to have been founded by a man from Kisii (Bantu speaking tribe) in the late 1800's. There was a war that broke out because the Kipsigis sub-tribe of Kalenjin kept raiding neighboring tribes (Masai, Luo, Kisii) for cattle & women. So, the Luo and Kisii formed an alliance when they heard of a raid that was planned at a place called Mogori (Mogori Massacre). Long story short, the Kipsigis men got almost wiped out. Sometime later, the Kisii experienced famine and the Kipsigis had few men. So, the Kisii agreed to send their men to Kipsigis, in exchange for crops and cattle. That's how the Kalenjin ended up with about 8 clans of Kisii origin: and it explains my paternal haplogroup. But for my cousins, I'll try to reach out to them to see if their clans are original.

So... I got my results, any of the haplogroup experts feel free to help me break it down. It turns out my half brother (aabo's side) did the DNA test too way before so I know my paternal haplogroup too 😏

Maternal haplogroup: m1a5 (murusade FULL Sabti)

Paternal haplogroup: J-CTS5368 (Sexawle Karanle)

Now I'm confused, because I've never come across this Y haplogroup and it seems to link back to middle east. However I have NO middle eastern DNA. I'm 99.6% east african.

I am 13.9% Ethiopian because my paternal great grandma was full Ethiopian).

I found 463 relatives most being my 3rd cousins 🤔

@convincation @Shimbiris @Mckenzie @Jungle @Garaad Hirabu
What is Ethiopian or full Ethiopian?

Yes. In Kalenjin society there are two types of clans: Original and non-original. Original meaning the founders were Kalenjin. My clan (non-original) is said to have been founded by a man from Kisii (Bantu speaking tribe) in the late 1800's. There was a war that broke out because the Kipsigis sub-tribe of Kalenjin kept raiding neighboring tribes (Masai, Luo, Kisii) for cattle & women. So, the Luo and Kisii formed an alliance when they heard of a raid that was planned at a place called Mogori (Mogori Massacre). Long story short, the Kipsigis men got almost wiped out. Sometime later, the Kisii experienced famine and the Kipsigis had few men. So, the Kisii agreed to send their men to Kipsigis, in exchange for crops and cattle. That's how the Kalenjin ended up with about 8 clans of Kisii origin: and it explains my paternal haplogroup. But for my cousins, I'll try to reach out to them to see if their clans are original.
Never heard of this story.
But why would Other Kalenjins stay in the fence and see kissigis folks annihilated?

Never heard of this story.
But why would Other Kalenjins stay in the fence and see kissigis folks annihilated?
If you Google the mogori massacre you'll find the story in more detail. The Kipsigis warriors refused the advice of their elders. They were told not to raid the kisii, but they didn't listen.

Trending

Latest posts