GENETICS I got my 23andme DNA results 🤨

So... I got my results, any of the haplogroup experts feel free to help me break it down. It turns out my half brother (aabo's side) did the DNA test too way before so I know my paternal haplogroup too 😏

Maternal haplogroup: m1a5 (murusade FULL Sabti)

Paternal haplogroup: J-CTS5368 (Sexawle Karanle)

Now I'm confused, because I've never come across this Y haplogroup and it seems to link back to middle east. However I have NO middle eastern DNA. I'm 99.6% east african.

I am 13.9% Ethiopian because my paternal great grandma was full Ethiopian).

I found 463 relatives most being my 3rd cousins 🤔

@convincation @Shimbiris @Mckenzie @Jungle @Garaad Hirabu
So same place in Ethiopia, same tribe as me

NOW I REALLY WANNA TEST MY SELF

Yes my dad

My dad is from Hobat/babile/funya birr he is karanle sexawle. His mother is ogaden.

My mum is Murusade, sabti from both sides from Ceelbur galgaduud
My older brother told me karanle is the same thing as murusade so my father is from same area as in Hobat/babile but we just claim murusade cuz karanle is old thing now

I am aware that the majority of Somalis belong to the E-V32 haplogroup, yet my cousin, who shares the same hawiye karanle lineage as me, has the T hap. which was strange, but I don't know the other niggaz from my tribe who received T (they likely don't know themselves), and I haven't checked my. Does anyone on this site belong to the haplogroup T and are they part of our tribe or the general population of somalis (every clan)? If you can answer my question, then may Allah (SWT) bless you; if not, then I appreciate your kind assistance.:2tjlv3e:
Here is the reason why I came to SS:dead:but the funny thing is that my cousin got T which I was confused

Jcts5368 is habasha haplogroup , also theirs was a madhiban guy who had the same haplogroup I remember he posted his result 2 years ago🙏🏽🙏🏽 Alhamdulilah if u didn’t tested e-by8081
View attachment 253595
0FE23850-8BFA-4566-99D3-0E1D4924094E.jpeg

Stop fooling people Warya

My older brother told me karanle is the same thing as murusade so my father is from same area as in Hobat/babile but we just claim murusade cuz karanle is old thing now

Yeah I get that, my older brother and sister used to just say they were murusade to those who didnt know 'Afarta karanle' as only murusade is well known. But I don't - I say Sexawle karanle even if they don't know - when they hear 'karanle' part though they just assume murusade 🤷‍♀️.

The Somalis in Galbeed know us as Karanle though. It's not an old thing at all.

Which country do you live in?

Here is the reason why I came to SS:dead:but the funny thing is that my cousin got T which I was confused

I expected either e or T for me too!

This is why this whole thing is so interesting and please do it! We need more samples.

I don't have many male paternal cousins in the West to get tested all live in Galbeed 😣

Yeah I get that, my older brother and sister used to just say they were murusade to those who didnt know 'Afarta karanle' as only murusade is well known. But I don't - I say Sexawle karanle even if they don't know - when they hear 'karanle' part though they just assume murusade 🤷‍♀️.

The Somalis in Galbeed know us as Karanle though. It's not an old thing at all.

Which country do you live in?
Live in the Uk but my aabo is from area babile/harar.
Interesting people still call you and your tribe “karanle “ .

I expected either e or T for me too!

This is why this whole thing is so interesting and please do it! We need more samples.

I don't have many male paternal cousins in the West to get tested all live in Galbeed 😣
My cousin who tested himself was second cousin so I really want to know if my first cousin test would be different .
I really want to test my self but since I’m young and focusing on school I don’t want to spend 100 pounds like that cuz I need a new laptop to do my work :dead:

My cousin who tested himself was second cousin so I really want to know if my first cousin test would be different .
I really want to test my self but since I’m young and focusing on school I don’t want to spend 100 pounds like that cuz I need a new laptop to do my work :dead:

If your cousins paternally fully from your dad's side- then you're most likely going to get the same paternal Y dna results I believe.

Do you think the whole karanale is either T or J ?
We haven’t had that many result from karanle/murusade

So my maternal side (murusade) cousins on 23andme so far are mainly E-V32. I found my 2nd nephew who is murusade foolculus and be waa E-V32. A few murusade - Sabti brothers have tested for another e group according to some guys on SS.

I assume T because we live with the Dir in galbeed who quite so often get Ts... I myself have some Akiisho (dir) in my family too.

So my maternal side (murusade) cousins on 23andme so far are mainly E-V32. I found my 2nd nephew who is murusade foolculus and be waa E-V32. A few murusade - Sabti brothers have tested for another e group according to some guys on SS.

I assume T because we live with the Dir in galbeed who quite so often get Ts... I myself have some Akiisho (dir) in my family too.
Interesting
My hooyo told me karanale was once as whole but one of them came from Somali while the rest came from Djibouti/northern Somalia

So it make sense those who come from northern area might T or J while the ones who come from the south have E

Interesting
My hooyo told me karanale was once as whole but one of them came from Somali while the rest came from Djibouti/northern Somalia

So it make sense those who come from northern area might T or J while the ones who come from the south have E

Yeah Karanle's children were Gidir Kaariye sexawle, Fadumo and murusade was the youngest.

Fadumo got married to Hiraab (the father of hg abgal etc) and they migrated down south - she took murusade with him as he was just a little child and his mum passed away.

According to folk stories, hiraab didnt want murusade to travel with them and had tried to get him lost during their journey but he would always find his way or pop up this was nicknamed 'heridiid' 😆

That story makes sense because murusade is sometimes referred to as heridiid by abgal hg etc.

Gidir sexawle and Kariye stayed back there and were the protective forces against the Ethiopians in Galbeed - especially the Gidir and sexawle. Alot of history has been dug deep to shun the spotlight away from them to deter the historical significance of the karanle in galbeed especially because most of them are just nomadic now and kaariye has been almost diluted into the Oromo.

Famous singer lafoole is Gidir karanle specifically reer abashacal.

Although the Karanles in galbeed aren't politically active and are often victims to Oromo and other somalis aiming to displace them... many of then are well learned intellectuals in the medical field, tech field and agricultural science and industries. They're very educated!

I hope that they rise soon and the next generation take over the political sector because the odayaal that are responsible for us are failing us.

Yeah Karanle's children were Gidir Kaariye sexawle, Fadumo and murusade was the youngest.

Fadumo got married to Hiraab (the father of hg abgal etc) and they migrated down south - she took murusade with him as he was just a little child and his mum passed away.

According to folk stories, hiraab didnt want murusade to travel with them and had tried to get him lost during their journey but he would always find his way or pop up this was nicknamed 'heridiid' 😆

That story makes sense because murusade is sometimes referred to as heridiid by abgal hg etc.

Gidir sexawle and Kariye stayed back there and were the protective forces against the Ethiopians in Galbeed - especially the Gidir and sexawle. Alot of history has been dug deep to shun the spotlight away from them to deter the historical significance of the karanle in galbeed especially because most of them are just nomadic now and kaariye has been almost diluted into the Oromo.

Famous singer lafoole is Gidir karanle specifically reer abashacal.

Although the Karanles in galbeed aren't politically active and are often victims to Oromo and other somalis aiming to displace them... many of then are well learned intellectuals in the medical field, tech field and agricultural science and industries. They're very educated!

I hope that they rise soon and the next generation take over the political sector because the odayaal that are responsible for us are failing us.
1) first Hiraab is a sick nigga who try to get a little kid lost and take his sister away from him :deadrose: Not even give murdsade a little time with his older sister good sister and brother relationship.

but yes inshallah karanale children come back in power rule the land especially Noble people like imam Ahmed guray who comes from sexawle.

That’s really interesting
Your cousins in Paternal side are they J as well ?

Yh I think sabti is probably E since my cousin mother side was E as well

That’s really interesting
Your cousins in Paternal side are they J as well ?

Yh I think sabti is probably E since my cousin mother side was E as well

No my cousins are from back home and haven't got tested. You're the first sexawle guy I've come across outside of my immediate family.

Would love to connect btw and see if my dad and your dad know eachother seen as we both live in uk