Husband takes on second wife, but lives to regret it. What advice you giving him?

The shafici and hanbali madhab said its preferable to stick to one wife. I think we should take their advice.
again my dear sister, there is a difference of opinion.

I do agree with shaykh ruhayli that it depends on the situation. In some cases it might be better for a man to marry more wives(many unmarried women in society like now just to name an example) and in some cases it may be better to not do so (it is natural for a woman to get jealous and if you cannot please them both perhaps its better to stay monogamous)

I do also see the wisdom in the opinion that it is better to marry more women, as it is a fact that the words of Allah in chapter 4 do start with 2 and that marrying one is mentioned when one cannot uphold justice.

Mudug_gyal

Ψ¨Ω…Ψ§ يرآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ Feminist
VIP
again my dear sister, there is a difference of opinion.

I do agree with shaykh ruhayli that it depends on the situation. In some cases it might be better for a man to marry more wives(many unmarried women in society like now just to name an example) and in some cases it may be better to not do so (it is natural for a woman to get jealous and if you cannot please them both perhaps its better to stay monogamous)

I do also see the wisdom in the opinion that it is better to marry more women, as it is a fact that the words of Allah in chapter 4 do start with 2 and that marrying one is mentioned when one cannot uphold justice.
I did some ijtihad and I prefer the opinion that its better to have one wife because men are pretty unfair and cant be fair especially in this economy.

So the prophet AS forbade the marriage because she was the daughter of abu jahl not because of fatima getting hurt in the process? What if it was another woman, would the prophet have fobade it?
Again, there are multiple reasons mentioned. And yes, it is said that purely because it is Fatima(may Allah be pleased with her) as this would hurt her and whoever hurts Fatima(may Allah be pleased with her) also hurts the messenger of Allah ο·Ί.

again, there are multiple reasons mentioned but this is one of those mentioned. please do not just focus on one of them but read them all.

Btw, I'm tired of defending women from bad polygamous situations. I've heard of women, who are sharing a man, and working at the same time. Can you imagine that? All the men in this world, and you've decided to share ONE man, and he's not even paying the bills?

That's when I retired from defending them.

leaving-bye.gif

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
Things happen. He needs to be a bit more stoic and own his decisions. Talking about losing his mind and can’t eat why? It’s stupid

Mudug_gyal

Ψ¨Ω…Ψ§ يرآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ Feminist
VIP
Again, there are multiple reasons mentioned. And yes, it is said that purely because it is Fatima(may Allah be pleased with her) as this would hurt her and whoever hurts Fatima(may Allah be pleased with her) also hurts the messenger of Allah ο·Ί.

again, there are multiple reasons mentioned but this is one of those mentioned. please do not just focus on one of them but read them all.
Therefore if it hurt fatima, a fellow woman then polygny should overall be avoided to prevent the heartbreak of women and the fitna of divorce. Women have every right to refuse sharing their husband. Also the financial pinch is no joke, if the husband takes another wife much less 4 wives, the finances and lifestyle will be of less quality. In these times all I see is cons not pros

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
There is a reason why people say, you’ll only really know a man’s real personality and desire when his stomach is full. Sometimes after a man hits the jackpot, you might end up not even being his preferred type of woman.

Reminds me of an old saying "Power does not corrupt. Power reveals." I think it's a little iffy and sometimes it does really corrupt otherwise goodhearted people but sometimes, yes, what it really does is reveal what that person would have always been if they had the power to be that.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
I'm only willing to finish a quarter of the last round with him. :dabcasar:

:urgh::urgh::urgh:

That’s the thing, most don’t, hence why we have a surplus of stories like this.

The NFL draft just happened and bitter madow women were crying about these young athletes having cadaan gfs.

Little Becky and Catherine knew there was a chance that these guys would never get drafted but still stuck with them :salute:true queens.

If you wait at the finish line you will be missing out on good men.

Reminds me of an old saying "Power does not corrupt. Power reveals." I think it's a little iffy and sometimes it does really corrupt otherwise goodhearted people but sometimes, yes, what it really does is reveal what that person would have always been if they had the power to be that.
Yes, money and power is a funny thing isn’t it.

Trending