• No, its inhumane and cruel!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Clones just delayed identical twins da f*ck you mean harvest clones for dey organs???

S

syntax

@syntax

What do you think of this topic?

Hmm...idk human cloning seems to have become an afterthought in the scientific community. I mean there aren't really a bunch of useful applications from human cloning. I remember when people used to be so scared about it 10 years ago. Nowadays they are scared about genetic engineering/modification, and more specifically the CRISPR/CAS 9 mechanism.

CRISPR mechanism is by far the most interesting and the most useful discovery in microbiology from the past 20 years. I really suck at explaining shit but in a nutshell it's just a pr ocess that allows us to edit and modify genetic information in any living organism. It's extremely accurate and relatively inexpensive. Some truly groundbreaking science tbh. At the same time it's a really powerful tool and in the wrong hands can become one of the deadliest biological weapons we've ever seen. It can easily be used to inhibit the growth or destroy human (or animal) populations. One example of this being used in a good way is how they used similar techniques to create genetically modified male mosquitos that were infertile and they released them out in the wild to impregnate females and create infertile eggs in areas with rampant malaria. Good thing is though all the headlines I've seen about it have been really exciting and great stuff. Here are some cool examples:

It's still in the very early stages, just look at all the dates of those articles their all pretty recent. This is a great time for anyone in genetics or microbiology. I only know this shit cuz i follow this type of research because I'm considering a Bioinformatics masters type of research after I'm done school. It's another great field to get into. You use all the programming and software engineering knowledge you know to assist the scientists doing all this crazy research by making them useful software. Theres so much data, especially in genetics, that has to be read and interpreted. Nowadays the only way to do this is to build complex software and algorithms that can make it easier for the biologists to do their work. Heres a example of bioinformatics at work...this is the sequencing of two different genes/proteins being compared side to side to see their similarity

WPP_domain_alignment.PNG

@IntensiveCareUnit House of Scorpion, that brings back memories. I forgot most of the details but still remember the general plot of the novel.

As for Clones, I believe that it should be allowed to be used for scientific purposes with discretion of course. You can't deny women their right to donate their eggs for a good cause.

There are still things unknown such as genetics code. The human genome project was a spectacular achievement in labeling all the genomes of the Human dna. The problem is that knowing which ones does.

I read somewhere about a scientific outbreak in Japan. Using stem cells to recreate lost body parts. Didn't require an egg or a sperm either, it was a new phenemon. I don't like cloning because its controversial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending