HSM’s Washington, Pentagon and UN visit thread.

I hate to be cynical and negative but whenever a Somali politician, even a president, is abroad and attends a gathering with Diaspora it's most likely a large majority of folks attending are the fellow clansmen supporting this politician

So you want Dhulbaante and other low CBB to be there? What if they create drama and use foul words against our president. I don't want those creatures anywhere near President Hassan when he is touring abroad. We must be mindful of our presidents safety and well being. Please dump this somalimo bulshiit. I got nothing against decent landheere Somali's attending like Mahmoud Saleebaan, Dir or Isaac. Former PM Abdiwali Gaas and other notable Ogadens and Mjs were there.

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare

I forgot this Waddani guy Farmaajo plucked out of nowhere still is the Chief Justice of Somalia :mjlol: I give him kudos for abandoning Farmaajo and Fahad Yasin

bidenkulaha

GalYare

It’s the 4th time communications were cut. Shabaab prepped for this attack last night near BuloBurte. Major loss for them as SNA lose no one and they lose 40+. Apparently SNA were tipped off that Shabaab were gathering troops from Adan Yabaal area

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
No chance of that, ship sailed a long time ago. Only possibility of peace is of two nations living side by side. Somaliland's independence will never be surrendered again.
If Somaliland gains independence, then Somalia will cease to exist herself. That’s why it’s very crucial for Somalia to keep Somaliland internationally isolated.

although if it were up to me, I’d say give them independence they meet all the credentials.

If Somaliland gains independence, then Somalia will cease to exist herself. That’s why it’s very crucial for Somalia to keep Somaliland internationally isolated.

although if it were up to me, I’d say give them independence they meet all the credentials.
This is something people say that makes no sense, and people are never able to properly articulate why. Why should Somaliland becoming recognised mean Somalia ceases to exist?

The only argument that makes sense would be "crab mentality" - The idea that FMS' like PL & JL will want independence if Somaliland gets recognised. If you think about that for a minute that would. It would confirm that they don't fundamentally disagree with Somaliland's independence because of a principled stance. Only that they don't want anyone to be able to break away, unless they are able to break away as well. In other words you can't escape from the bucket unless I am able to as well.

Also, if Somalia's existence is so fragile that it would fall apart the moment one former part of it becomes a recognised independent state, should Somalia exist at all?

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
Mb This is something people say that makes no sense, and people are never able to properly articulate why. Why should Somaliland becoming recognised mean Somalia ceases to exist?
If Somaliland gains independence it’ll quickly result in a domino affect between FMS. Or atleast, that’s what the Federal government of Somalia believes.
Also, if Somalia's existence is so fragile that it would fall apart the moment one former part of it becomes a recognised independent state, should Somalia exist at all?
No, it shouldn’t.

I used to be a hardcore Unionist, Somaliweynist, all that until I came on SSpot in around 2019-2020. I was baffled at the fact that nearly every Puntite I came across was pro-secessionist. Made me think for a while.

I had to ask myself 2 simple questions.
1. When did Somalinimo exist before Somalia
2. Is there Somalinimo currently

We were always isolated in our own sultanates or kingdoms historically. I personally don’t mind Somaliland gaining independence I wish Somaliland and Puntland had better relationship.

as for SSC we should create a referendum and ask them if they want to be apart of JSL. A strong JSL doesn’t hurt nobody, so it’s in our interests to stay good neighbors inshallah.

I completely disagree with it, but I have no major problems with what HSM said. As President of Somalia he can't say anything else.
If he follows through on his statement that he will not stand in the way of Somaliland's development and progress, we can work towards better neighbourly terms.

Thanks bro, we Iriir Samaale are brothers and we will never fight each other. Somaliland and Somalia are brotherly nations. Inshallah Somaliland will get its recognition. Somaliland is already independent country that has secured its border all the way up to Boocaame. Somaliland will continue to develop and prosper and won't be a problem. We HAG are focused on the war with Al-Shabab and sorting out our own mess. God bless Somaliland and Somalia and God bless president Hassan Sheikh.

If Somaliland gains independence it’ll quickly result in a domino affect between FMS. Or atleast, that’s what the Federal government of Somalia believes.

No, it shouldn’t.

I used to be a hardcore Unionist, Somaliweynist, all that until I came on SSpot in around 2019-2020. I was baffled at the fact that nearly every Puntite I came across was pro-secessionist. Made me think for a while.

I had to ask myself 2 simple questions.
1. When did Somalinimo exist before Somalia
2. Is there Somalinimo currently

We were always isolated in our own sultanates or kingdoms historically. I personally don’t mind Somaliland gaining independence I wish Somaliland and Puntland had better relationship.

as for SSC we should create a referendum and ask them if they want to be apart of JSL. A strong JSL doesn’t hurt nobody, so it’s in our interests to stay good neighbors inshallah.
somalia will be prosperous and will grow if everyone focuses on their own region and affairs. i am starting to warm up to the idea of federalism as it promotes healthy competition. we will see a lot of that once AS is wiped out

Trending

Latest posts