HSM’s Washington, Pentagon and UN visit thread.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin III will welcome the President of Somalia, Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, to the Pentagon for an enhanced honor cordon and bilateral meeting at 12:30 p.m. EDT, on Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
America should release the taps on drone strikes. Shabaab bases should suffer 20-30 strikes per day. Hopefully this Pentagon visit adds further to HSM’s planned operations

Maybe the US is finally realizing that a stronger Somalia is in their interests lol, hopefully they shift their entire Horn policy in the stabilization of Somalia. I feel like they have given up on Ethiopia

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Maybe the US is finally realizing that a stronger Somalia is in their interests lol, hopefully they shift their entire Horn policy in the stabilization of Somalia. I feel like they have given up on Ethiopia
America have been trying to help us build a state tbh. They worked with Hassan really well in his first time when he was setting up the first official government. The problem in the 2000s was they let Ethiopia lead the Somalia policy and Ethiopia never had our interests in mind.

America changed their policy and became more hands on but then Farmaajo got elected who America clearly didn’t take much liking to. Becoming an Eritrean puppet who’s under very harsh sanctions, fighting FMS’s, attacking former Presidents, Farmaajo not being interested in the Shabaab war etc etc probably didn’t help.

It’s good to be back on the world stage again.

LibaanSom

From Kismaayo
America have been trying to help us build a state tbh. They worked with Hassan really well in his first time when he was setting up the first official government. The problem in the 2000s was they let Ethiopia lead the Somalia policy and Ethiopia never had our interests in mind.

America changed their policy and became more hands on but then Farmaajo got elected who America clearly didn’t take much liking to. Becoming an Eritrean puppet who’s under very harsh sanctions, fighting FMS’s, attacking former Presidents, Farmaajo not being interested in the Shabaab war etc etc probably didn’t help.

It’s good to be back on the world stage again.
I agree, but The wording is just a little bit wrong here. The U.S didn’t just ‘let’ Ethiopia invade Somalia, they insisted they invaded, let’s take account the climate during this era.

1. the U.S has been directly attacked by ISIS during the 9/11 attack, so they entered the war on terror.

2. ICU was growing influence across not only the capital but across central Somalia.

in the eyes of America, the ICU was seen as threatening, so they had to do something to ‘destabilize the enemy’. As we all know the Transitional federal government was extremely fragile to do any major blows to the ICU, so they had to look towards the left standing a very centralized country like Ethiopia serving as the foot soldiers of America.

After the invasion America thought its work was done and began separating itself from Somalia.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I agree, but The wording is just a little bit wrong here. The U.S didn’t just ‘let’ Ethiopia invade Somalia, they insisted they invaded, let’s take account the climate during this era.

1. the U.S has been directly attacked by ISIS during the 9/11 attack, so they entered the war on terror.

2. ICU was growing influence across not only the capital but across central Somalia.

in the eyes of America, the ICU was seen as threatening, so they had to do something to ‘destabilize the enemy’. As we all know the Transitional federal government was extremely fragile to do any major blows to the ICU, so they had to look towards the left standing a very centralized country like Ethiopia serving as the foot soldiers of America.

After the invasion America thought its work was done and began separating itself from Somalia.
Yes good correction. But it was a clear disaster and I’m not surprised it was under the worst President, Bush

bidenkulaha

GalYare
464C54E6-1F74-4CA8-8330-FDCB09B71470.jpeg

Vs

883E6DE3-7A52-4F1F-9D7D-276A6C9A922B.jpeg

:silanyolaugh:

3LetterzMM

LG gang we gon slide for my nigga 🤐🥷
His biggest priority should be getting that arms embargo lifted idk how South Sudan got theirs lifted when they’re arguably less stable

bidenkulaha

GalYare
His biggest priority should be getting that arms embargo lifted idk how South Sudan got theirs lifted when they’re arguably less stable
I believe UK is a holdout and potentially France.

China, US, Russia now support lifting the arms embargo and we can defo get it removed once SNA takes over AMISOM duties by 2024-25. They’ll start to hand over their equipment anyway to us by then.

3LetterzMM

LG gang we gon slide for my nigga 🤐🥷
I believe UK is a holdout and potentially France.

China, US, Russia now support lifting the arms embargo and we can defo get it removed once SNA takes over AMISOM duties by 2024-25. They’ll start to hand over their equipment anyway to us by then.
I reckon the UK would follow suit if those three superpowers vote in favour of it getting lifted. The French might vote no just outta spite to muslims tho.

is HSM is meeting with the defence secretary to ask for More US drone strikes?

This is good we will see how it turns out.
Security experts say that the meeting likely focused on strengthening the capacity of Somalia's military to battle Al Shabaab, which US generals have described as Al Qaeda's most lethal outfit. The group has been waging a deadly insurgency against Somalia's internationally-backed government.

During the meeting, President Mohamud told senior US Defense officials that Al Shabaab has crippled development in the Horn of Africa and that Somalia would require an international collaborative effort to defeat the group.