How to unite Somaliland and Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
SNM started what USC finished man. SNM and its Ethiopian backing gave people the confidence to take down Barre.

Barre saw this renewed confidence and thought the way to quash it was to send the harshest message possible.

Regardless of SNM, USC or whatever group you hold responsible.

You can't defend the collective punshiment and targetting of Isaaq civilians by the government. That is the reason we are in this mess because people are sympathetic to the plights of innocents from all clans. You can disagree with SNM while also condeming human rights abuses and the heinous crimes that occured.

Nope,too soon i am all for somalia uniting,but we cant foget the 750000 or more isaaqs killed,i dont want somaliland to unite with somalia
In the future when somalia is stable maybe,but somaliland cnt carry the problems of the south

More like 50000 isaaqs killed.

You can't defend the collective punshiment and targetting of Isaaq civilians by the government. That is the reason we are in this mess. You can disagree with SNM while also condeming human rights abuses and the heinous crimes that occured.

If you read what I said, I said Barre was most at fault but SNM and USC got their hands dirty also by trying to stoop to Barre's level.

That's not defending Barre, that's recognising that it was heinous but I'm not going to wave SNMs flag.

What annoys me is that somalilanders make it seem like they were attacked and bombed by the rest of Somalia. In reality, a military dictatorship massacred somalis from all over Somalia. The only difference is that the SNM hid among civilians while other rebel groups didn't.

That's bullshit and you know it. Do not compare the former regime of the Somali Republic to a ragtag clan-militia. The government has no right to carpet bomb and decimate entire cities and populations, with foreign mercenaries, no less. It has no right to enrich itself and it's clan-members with the wealth of other clans. f*ck your false equivalency. To morons like you, no doubt Somalia pre-civil war was a rosey picture. To those who lost their families and friends to bombings, extra-judicial murders and kidnappings it was a nightmare.

VIP

You can't defend the collective punshiment and targetting of Isaaq civilians by the government. That is the reason we are in this mess because people are sympathetic to the plights of innocents from all clans. You can disagree with SNM while also condeming human rights abuses and the heinous crimes that occured.

This is my position. If snm knew what they started and how their ppl would look in 2018, they would've gone about it a diffrent way. Armed rebellion is never the answer.

DRACO

VIP
This is my position. If snm knew what they started and how their ppl would look in 2018, they would've gone about it a diffrent way. Armed rebellion is never the answer.
Armed rebellion was the last resort mate .
Afweyne literally tried to wipe out issaq many times .
@Cumar talk some sense into these kids :noneck:

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
Coming from a pro-independence family and being surrounded by friends who are in favour of independence of Somaliland , I'm very sympathetic about the reasons they seek to leave and disassociate with Somalia. By Dad had to flee Xamar after the government started indiscriminately killing and imprisoning anyone they suspected was an isaaq , it was almost some Nazi level attempt to rid Somalia of Isaaq. They bombed Burco , Hargeisa and Berbera with the specific intention of killing civilians , they showed no regard for human life whether it was a child or an elderly person. There intention was destruction , death and extermination of any isaaq in Somalia. So i get why they seek independence from Somalia. However, as a firm believer in Soomaalinimo and a believer that somalis are far stronger united than divided i don't support the bid for independence.

For some serious reconciliation that Somalis so desperately need , i think the future Somali government not the current failmaajo one should undertake these actions.

1. They need to take responsibility for the actions of the previous government and offer a sincere apologise. An apology has so much value , it shows that a person is remorseful of actions that have taken place. It shows that they have taken responsibility for those actions but also and most importantly a sincere apology also shows a willingness to change so that those actions don't occur ever again. A few sincere words will have such a big impact on those who were affected by the campaign.

2. The government should offer repatriations to the families who lost love ones and property during the bombings and targeting in the country. They also should take it upon themselves to pay for any medical treatment for those who were affected by the campaign specifically seeking to help with struggling with mental health issues after the war.

3. Lastly and most importantly the government should seek to find and try those who were responsible for the actions , the bombings in the north and the mass executions of in Xamar of Isaaqs. The obvious man comes to mind , Gen Morgan. All these people who were responsible for the killings and destruction of the North must be tried and brought to justice for the victims to be brought to justice.

Don't make this thread a clan insulting thread , i want civilised debate not insults. Mods do your job.:ufdup:

If you disagree with me , i want to know the reasons why not a one sentence response.
Why should you be appeased? You think Isaaq are the only clan Siyaad went after? Shit. You don't see every other clan and whine about being independant out of cuqdad against something that happened 30 years ago.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
SNM started what USC finished man. SNM and its Ethiopian backing gave people the confidence to take down Barre.

Barre saw this renewed confidence and thought the way to quash it was to send the harshest message possible.

You do know the SNM rebellion was a direct result of the war in 77 with Ethiopia. With the Kacaan supportimg darood expansion in the hawd and somaliland.

Further more Ethiopia didn't sorry the SNM just didn't expel their presence in Ethiopia. Until Barre & Mingistu made a deal to expel and then SNM did a victory or death assault into somaliland dividing into 2 divisions West and East

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Why should you be appeased? You think Isaaq are the only clan Siyaad went after? Shit. You don't see every other clan and whine about being independant out of cuqdad against something that happened 30 years ago.

The rest of Somalia was peaceful the actual fighting didn't was only for 3 years since 77 the Isaaq faced repression. Did you know that people weren't allowed to go to mosques in Burco only at prayer times no buildings can be built in somaliland more than 2 storeys and if you bought something from outside you can only have in in Mogadishu

The thread was specifically about how we could reunited Somalia and Somaliland hence why I presented measures I think could bring about that.

Read my response to the first reply. It will give responses to your arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.