How the 275 parliament seats were divided

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Most Dir seats are in Somaliland. Isaaq alone got like half at 28, Sameroon 9, Cisse 8 that's 45 out of 61 in whole of Somalia. The last 16 is scattered everywhere.

Raxanweyne have the most representation but their politicians are utterly powerless and most of their territory owned by Al-Shabaab.
That's not true. Not all of the 69 seats of SWS are even D&M, some are Daarood, some are hawiye some are Dir and some are Beesha Shanaad.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The reason why South west state gets so much seats is because majority of the 61 D&M seats are concentrated in SWS. Whereas Daarood seats are divided into Puntland, Jubbaland and Galmudug. Hawiye seats are divided into Galmudug, Hirshabeele, Banaadir and SWS. Dir seats are divided into basically all states as well.

I am personally not a fan of this. I think more Digil iyo mirifle seats should of been transferred to jubbaland to even it out a bit.
That would just result in more D&M being handpicked from Kismayo/Garbaharey.

You should want as many as possible picked from Baydhabo so you can organize your weight politically. If KG had a port it could have been a superpower.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
That would just result in more D&M being handpicked from Kismayo/Garbaharey.

You should want as many as possible picked from Baydhabo so you can organize your weight politically. If KG had a port it could have been a superpower.
Yes that's probably why the D&M politicians rather majority of the seats to SWS. Ahmed Madoobe will probably just pick Yes men to represent D&M which would be a huge disadvantage.

cow

VIP
First how will census be done in somaliland/puntland and all those places that al shabaab controls. Secondly how do you make sure hawiye won't use xoog to steal all of mogadishu seats ? And select all hawiye.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
I’m not sure but I personally believe it should also be divided by population after the census each federal member state should be given an adequate amount of senators based on population
If senatorial seats are tied to population then should bare minimum number of senators be set as a requirement for states?

Lets say 200k ppl per senator. And to form a state you need at least 3 senators.

I'd like to see a system where there is

1. District
    • 50 000 ppl
    • 1 MP
  2. Senator
    • Four adjacent districts elect one Senator
    • 200k ppl per seat
  3. FMS
    • Three senators minimum
    • Every state has a minimum of 600k ppl.
Would stop a lot of isqabqabsi. Gather 600k and form a state.

Census will be held around late 2024-2025 then we can determine exactly how many parliamentary seats will be allocated per district
Realistically, of the following 71 districts, which ones could the Fed. gov't, and allied FMSs hold 1M1V elections in Jun. 2024? Or in 2025?

Do bear in mind, before Federal elections (Presidential) could be held, District Council and Parliamentary elections ought to be held in FMSs.

H. Koonfur Mudug: 2 degmo
Hobyo​
Xarardheere​

I. Galgaduud: 7 degmo
Dhuusamareeb​
Ceelbuur​
Ceeldheer​
Cadaado​
Cabuudwaaq​
Gal hareeri​
Balanbale​

J. Hiiraan: 5 degmo
Beladweyn​
Buulo burte​
Jalalaqsi​
Matabaan​
Maxaas​

K. Shabeellaha Dhexe: 7 degmo
Jowhar​
Balcad​
Cadale​
Aadan yabaal​
Mahaddaay​
Ruun nirgood​
Warsheikh​

L. Shabeellaha Hoose: 9 degmo
Marka​
Afgooye​
Wanleweyn​
Qoryooley​
Baraawe​
Sablaale​
Kurtun-waareey​
Dajuuma​
Aw dheegle​

M. Jubbada Dhexe: 3 degmo
Bu’aale​
Jilib​
Saakoow​

N. Jubabada Hoose: 5 degmo
Kismaayo​
Jamaame​
Afmadow​
Badhaadhe​
Xagar​

O. Baay 5 degmo
Baydhabo​
Buur xakaba​
Diinsoor​
Qansax dheere​
Berdaale​

P. Bakool: 6 degmo
Xuddur​
Tayeegloow​
Waajid​
Ceelbarde​
Yeed​
Rab dhuurre​

Q. Gedo: 6 degmo
Garbahaarrey​
Luuq​
Baardheere​
Beladxaawo​
Dooloow​
Ceelwaaq​

R. Banaadir: 16 degmo
Xamar weyne​
Xamar jajab​
Boondheere​
Waaberi​
Wadajir​
Dharkeynley​
Hodon​
Hawl wadaag​
Wardhiigleey​
Shibis​
C/casiis​
Kaaraan​
Helwaa (Huriwaa)​
Dayniile​
Yaaqshiid​
Shingaani​

Adeer I heard that SL asked PL to joined them but we sed no is this legit?
The idea was originally floated by the UN in the 90s, but it has not materialised, but it has recently been discussed by some in SL post SSC-Khatumo interim Admin, but that ship has sailed, with the FGS now in its place, as faulty as it is. The FGS has been a costly project, and I doubt reer PL are interested in political adventurism any more.

The idea was originally floated by the UN in the 90s, but it has not materialised, but it has recently been discussed by some in SL post SSC-Khatumo interim Admin, but that ship has sailed, with the FGS now in its place, as faulty as it is. The FGS has been a costly project, and I doubt reer PL are interested in political adventurism any more.

Puntland first is all I'm hearing.

Puntland will push for Confederation it seems. SSc is silent because they go where the wind takes them.

Somaliland won't entertain Puntland and definitely not push for some kind of deal. Our borders are inherited not based on expediency. We wish them well on their journey.

Trending