How often you get drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I swear that bus hates minorities

Starts picking up steam as you near Dundas :draketf:
The bus service in our part of the city is shit, and driving is more expensive because the insurance companies factor your area into your rates and living here they charge you more. And I swear to god I've noticed that there are more speed traps in this part of the city. And I've heard the most active red light camera is here as well. They're trying to make it as big of a hassle as possible to move around. Institutional racism.

There is a place in Toronto called Islington? :cosbyhmm:
There's a street called Islington.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
@RedStar I'd say Islington and the streets it connects to can be considered the biggest congregation of somalis in the city. No gigantic in comparison to the entire population.

The rest are sparsely littered around the city

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::russ:

@Mohamud it all backfired on you, now come collect you're L

but seriously how do you lot get around? don't tell me you drive everywhere
In the areas of the city where most Somalis live, trying to get around without a car is suffering. Outside of downtown, transit in Toronto is really shitty. We're much more of a driving culture than you guys.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Where are you from?
I'm in the West Midlands rn, some tuulo. I've lived in Leeds, Coventry and Leicester as well though. I'm looking to move north again some time soon Insha'Allah.

lmao, South London is not even ghetto anymore with all these middle classed white people moving in everywhere.
yes i'm an "actual" brit walal (but i don't consider myself British tho.)
Your British identity is not up for negotiation, God bless the queen. :fittytousand: With brexit impending the mass exodus shall follow. Keep an eye on your Somali friends, any one of them could be Eurotrash. We blend in very well

Lmaooo It was a lucky guess! Rotherham is right next to Sheffield and it sounded like Rotterdam that's all. I was memeing :dead1:

Rotterdam has a large somali population no? every dutch somali I've meet has been from there.

I see you're still trying to stay secretive :lolbron: I've already caught on to the fact that you're a fellow lander hehehehe
:damnmusic: Allow me abayo don't qarxis me. As for Rotterdam yeah, I think it has the largest Somali community now. Back before me moved to this Island there weren't that many of us though. Or I was just young and never really took notice.

Wallahi I'm shocked you and your fellow Londoner @ebimomo haven't heard of chatting wet. You guys have some infectious lingo especially with the "Akhi" and "Akh" catching on over here as well. All your bookey people come over here flex a bit and think they're proper road. Some things are better kept in the confines of London.
You and @ebimomo ain't from the manor :siilaanyolaugh:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Half an hour? :drakelaugh:

There were times when I got frost bite waiting for the bus during winter. :jcoleno:

89 Weston :ileycry:

But once ur on the bus it's a matter of minutes to the destination. And once you connect to the subway it's even faster.

Some bus routes are golden. Others I avoid :bell:

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Man like @Kanye is a proper gypsy :dwill: from NL to Leeds to Cov to Leicester to another northern shithole. I left the Manny 5 years ago for London and I can confidently say that it was the best decision I've ever made. There's nothing up there apart from pies and Primark sponsored chavs. Come to the big city bro, it's pricey but you won't regret it.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Man like @Kanye is a proper gypsy :dwill: from NL to Leeds to Cov to Leicester to another northern shithole. I left the Manny 5 years ago for London and I can confidently say that it was the best decision I've ever made. There's nothing up there apart from pies and Primark sponsored chavs. Come to the big city bro, it's pricey but you won't regret it.

kkkk I prefer nomad warya. LOL Wallahi I forgot, I've even stayed in this little town in Belgium for a little while last year. It was like a 20 minute drive from Antwerp and the guy I shared the flat with was proper miskeen, he used to chauffeur me around. It blows Leicester, Cov etc. 100% out of the water but employment and people speaking like they've just recovered from a seizure made it very difficult.

I'll move to London eventually when I'm forced to, but I honestly don't like it that much. It's nice for a day or two but it's all just too much. Then again, all the people I know from London live in qashin areas.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
kkkk I prefer nomad warya. LOL Wallahi I forgot, I've even stayed in this little town in Belgium for a little while last year. It was like a 20 minute drive from Antwerp and the guy I shared the flat with was proper miskeen, he used to chauffeur me around. It blows Leicester, Cov etc. 100% out of the water but employment and people speaking like they've just recovered from a seizure made it very difficult.

I'll move to London eventually when I'm forced to, but I honestly don't like it that much. It's nice for a day or two but it's all just too much. Then again, all the people I know from London live in qashin areas.

My bad geeljire Kanye it is lol. My life sounds too damn simple compared to yours. At this rate you'll prolly move after a couple of years in that northern village.

EDIT: Just realised there was too much info for the open forum :ftw9nwa:

This city has been a curse but mostly a blessing for me. The benefits of a big city totally outweigh the cons, but if you truly like your relaxed small towns, I'd say stay where you are.

Last edited:

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
This much is true. When I was in London and took the tube for the first time, I saw a map of the whole system. The dinky shit we call a subway system here in Toronto is nothing in comparison. :mjcry: It takes us like 2 decades to add 4 new stations, at this rate we'll be where London is at now by the year 2200.:mjcry::mjcry:

Calling it the tube is still lame as f*ck though. :mjlol:

I trains are very similar except only a few kilometres in the city is underground, 95% of the network is on the same level as the road. :deadpeter:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending