How do Somali galbeedians get access to weapons like Tigray did

we know Tigrays got helped by the US with intel for sure, and there's a suspicion that they also got help with arms.

we know the west hates Somalis and would never help them under any circumstances.

If galbeedians wanna free their land, aside from coming together and fighting in unison, they'll need access to massive stockpile of weapons, I am talking serious weapons and a lots of it.

who can they look to get that and how could they transport it into galbeed?

After watching the tigray Ethiopia war, i have realized why onlf and wslf could not free galbeed. they were fighting with ak47s.

you can't free galbeed with ak47.

share your opinion and keep qabiil out of this one.

The nane onlf itself is not beneficial because its based on one clan when we know the somali state has many clans-jidwaq, geri, ciise/isa, marehan, etc.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
The nane onlf itself is not beneficial because its based on one clan when we know the somali state has many clans-jidwaq, geri, ciise/isa, marehan, etc.
That’s because only one clan is trying kkkk
Somalis are too qabilista you think they would join onlf if they aint og? They would’ve made their own militia like inlf or dnlf, but they didn’t. The point is that without full manpower we ain’t going anywhere.
:win:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
yea. it's stupid why people call it "Ogadeenia" or Ogadeen when there are so many groups. I like the name of Galbeed. sounds more inclusive

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I'd say if somalia stabilises. then Somalia can provide weapons down the low hopefully without Ethiopia knowing we are supplying the weapons

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
we know Tigrays got helped by the US with intel for sure, and there's a suspicion that they also got help with arms.

we know the west hates Somalis and would never help them under any circumstances.

If galbeedians wanna free their land, aside from coming together and fighting in unison, they'll need access to massive stockpile of weapons, I am talking serious weapons and a lots of it.

After watching the tigray Ethiopia war, i have realized why onlf and wslf could not free galbeed. they were fighting with ak47s.

Everything can be bought. It's just requires paying an extra premium and years of planning.

Tigrays probably saved a lot of money during their 20 year rule.

Tigray doesn't have internal clan divisions. DDS should be weapons-free and at peace with itself....if Ethiopia collapses then let DDS declare Puntland-style confederal maximum autonomy

There's no evidence of tigaru got help from US and or got arms from them or Sudan since the start of the war the region was surrounded from all areas.
I think the reason of tigaru success is because of their experienced veteran leaders who fought against the derg regime in the 80s and Ethiopia Eritrea war and the how they got the weapons I seriously think that TPLF stockpiled arms in the mountains during their gurreilla era and the war with Eritrea where they eventually retreated to during the advancement of ENDF back in November.

To the issue of kalinka shanaad yeah I seriously think that we can do the same success that tigarus are doing now against ENDF we just need to have a unified group with clear goals and objectives and just attacking ENDF bases or military posts we can get all the heavy weapons to continue the war against Ethiopia.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
First and foremost dissolve ONLF in a heartbeat. No offence but as occupied territory you can’t afford to be further dividing yourselves along clan lines. It should be of utmost importance that clan is completely and utterly stripped from politics and clan fueds are handled directly by meetings with clan elders organised by the government or the army directly.

The second most important thing is organising the liyu police. They’re all over the place, segregated by clan and are considered a terrorist organisation by most. If galbeed is to ever free itself from Ethiopia it needs a unified army under central command and is clan inclusive. These troops must be stationed along galbeeds entire boarder.

Third point is to change the capital. Jijiga is basically a boarder town considering jinacsi is part of oromia now. It’s also very mountainous and not a great defence point since somalis aren’t equipped to fight on mountainous regions. Jijiga is also politically and economically intertwined with non somalis most notably amharas so would cause issues in the politics of galbeed changing to become more rebellious/independent. The capital should be changed back to gode for a number of reasons including keeping the big foots happy considering they just lost a lot of political dominance.

Fourth point is to create a somali party including of Somalis from all corners of galbeed and to financially cut off any opposition. This presidents of this party’s clans should never be discussed in media or even known if possible. This party should also push for autonomy whilst strengthening its army and should also attempt to become politically dominant in the addis government as leverage. A somali president of Ethiopia will makes things much easier but ofcourse that’s very unlikely. Another thing that’s needed is a stable, strong Somalia. Somalia surrounded galbeed on all boarders and the stability of Somalia is absolutely crucial for a free galbeed. Hypothetically if aomalia stabilises and the weapons ban is lifted, Somalia can secretly supply the new galbeed army as well as provide training etc. Galbeed should also push for a referendum around its boarder regions specifically in hararghe. A lot of somali-oromo communities felt subjugated under previous single clan dominated entities (Abdi iley) but would rather be with somalis but were pushed to switch sides for safety. A referendum should take place in the region and I’m sure the jarso in jinacsi and the karanle in babile would happily reunite with their Somali brothers who now own a prosperous, United region. If this referendum leads to many of these communities joining the Somali region, they should also attempt to take dire dawa politically since galbeed could potentially be surrounding it so oromos will loose the pull they have on it.

Another thing that’s absolutely crucial is somaliland and Somalia uniting or atleast being on the same side. Some sort of somali Union with SL being recognised or autonomy within Somalia needs to be reached but animosity between the two will send all liberation plans crashing into the ground. Both sides are needed to enter crucial points into galbeed incase it ever gets to military intervention from our end (SL being arguably the more important factor). Another factor to have on our side is Djibouti. One of Ethiopias biggest geographical weaknesses is this rift which practically cuts the country in half. Getting troops into this rift can provide us with a clear road to addis practically straight through Ethiopia cutting all defence paths in half. Considering current politics if it ever gets to this, tigray will also be fighting for independence so we handle the east and the handle the north with the OLA probably fighting on both ends too.
328CCEEF-8C04-4F74-AA6B-A96E5D885E5B.jpeg

An assault into this rift needs to take place from Djibouti to be most effective specifically dikhil. This paired with assaults from all other fronts could secure galbeeds independence and correct barres mistake.

If it does come to military intervention from Somalia again then the biggest battle grounds again will be around the harar-dir dhabe area. Hararis have lost control of harar and have completely assimilated into Itopiyawinet so having them on our side like barre did is practically impossible. But if galbeed can get dir dhabe to be part of it, we can surround harar and capture the city. Another option is populating Ethiopias eastern command with ethnic Somali militants like the tigrayans did and then capture the base taking all the weapons they have. If any of this takes place Ethiopia will practically collapse and no longer exist which means the west will get involved. We can act as peacemakers and after capturing galbeed and marching in on addis instead of getting greedy like barre did we can instead send a peace treaty over to addis who would gladly accept it considering the OLA has probably already cut off all roads into and out of addis and tigray is practically independent. This peace treaty should demand all of galbeed, dir dhabe, the Somali parts of hararghe and bale and the city of harar. Muslim oromos should be given the option of joining this new somaliweyn with complete autonomy to run themselves under a Muslim nation instead of being subjugated by a Christian one although I only expect the oromos of hararghe and bale-arsi to agree to this. If the Muslim oromos choose us over the Abyssinians then there’s two options. Either give themcomplete autonomy as special regions with in Somaliweyn or intergrate them into somaliweyn but change the name to something like Bosnia and Herzegovina (somaliweyn and oromia?) since keeping it as somaliweyn is no longer viable due to the Muslim oromo population being almost our size. The afar region should be given a similar option under the pretext of the deen and a similar culture. Of all this works then Djibouti should probably join us too most likely with French permission so maybe throw them an extra military base or something. Reer NFD should not be sought after as it would be more beneficial for them to stay with kenya and slowly take over it from the inside.

Just a hypothetical :manny:

Money.
Secure the oil and gas fields. Use the money to buy weapons from the Russians. Transport through Kismayo or any Somali port.

Without huge amounts of money you can't do anything.

Only through Somalia. Maybe through djibouti if the Cisse grow balls. My suggestion is to bring back the Kacaan and have another mx to lead a military government. Why do you think amharas and tigray remember only MSB as a notable somali president? They still remember his Karbaash. :trumpsmirk:.

If Galbeed becomes free someday, they or Somalia should annex oromo regions close to the sources of our rivers, Shabelle and Jubba. The regions bordering DDS are muslim too, which should make it more possible

For those who suggested the Somali government, you have to understand the Somali government will always depend on the man who is at the top in that moment. For example, Farmaajo is heavily pro Ethiopia, and forget helping the galbeed cause, he put ragtag onlf team on the terror list even thought Ethiopia ddin't. :mjkkk:

There's no long lasting, set in stone, policies for the Somali government. Whoever comes in steers the wheel whereever he wants.

For example, in the US, their foreign policies never change despite who becomes president. Somalia would have to adopt a policy like that towards the galbeed which ain't happening in the near future, so count that out.

I agree with those who said form an all exclusive movement but that doesn't answer how we to secure a consistent weapons supply.

There's no evidence of tigaru got help from US and or got arms from them or Sudan since the start of the war the region was surrounded from all areas.
I think the reason of tigaru success is because of their experienced veteran leaders who fought against the derg regime in the 80s and Ethiopia Eritrea war and the how they got the weapons I seriously think that TPLF stockpiled arms in the mountains during their gurreilla era and the war with Eritrea where they eventually retreated to during the advancement of ENDF back in November.

To the issue of kalinka shanaad yeah I seriously think that we can do the same success that tigarus are doing now against ENDF we just need to have a unified group with clear goals and objectives and just attacking ENDF bases or military posts we can get all the heavy weapons to continue the war against Ethiopia.
Tigray got defeated badly initially, there's no way they can fight against ethiopa and eritrea without exhausting whatever weapons they had stored.

they have been cut off from everywhere, so how are they getting those arms?

For those who suggested the Somali government, you have to understand the Somali government will always depend on the man who is at the top in that moment. For example, Farmaajo is heavily pro Ethiopia, and forget helping the galbeed cause, he put ragtag onlf team on the terror list even thought Ethiopia ddin't. :mjkkk:

There's no long lasting, set in stone, policies for the Somali government. Whoever comes in steers the wheel whereever he wants.

For example, in the US, their foreign policies never change despite who becomes president. Somalia would have to adopt a policy like that towards the galbeed which ain't happening in the near future, so count that out.

I agree with those who said form an all exclusive movement but that doesn't answer how we to secure a consistent weapons supply.
Somalia will help Galbeed using the Ethiopian troops in SWS inshallah.

:mjkkk: