History of Jews in Somalia

Hamdule

J Haplogroup Enthusiast
Although the Yibir are not Jews, they may still benefit from it, and I wish they did. The money they used to collect from somalis when they had children may help to explain how the legend that they were Jews came to be.๐Ÿค” Could be, but they aren't a jewish and Jewish have so little of history in Somali regions.
You were telling me that yibir being jews was suugo Somali sheekos while pre islamic kings isnt? I remember I read a paper that said that yibir didnt even spoke proper somali and they were said to be absynian descent while midgaan even worser is descended by absynian slaves
I'm not sure where the rumors about ybir came from, but they are not true. The same as many gabooye, they are E-V32. When it comes to language, we have our own dialect, and many people spoke their own language in their own villages rather than the somali language. you have to understand af-yibir, and af-madhban exists.

I'm not familiar with absynisan; we're more likely a group of people who split off from proto-Somali than absynisan. Because of DNA and language, it appears that Proto-Somali could have split into two groups, one heading north and the other heading central and into the Somali galbeed region.

I mean donโ€™t the Yibir tribe have the J haplogroup which is Semitic origin ?

It canโ€™t the Arabs because they donโ€™t share nor claim the Arabs

They arenโ€™t Jews, they donโ€™t claim to be Jews and no one but stubborn zero iq Somalis who believe their ayeyos sheekos claim they are Jews. They are ethnic Somalis like the rest of gabooye.

Old synagogue in Berbera, there's also one in Merca and a jewish cemetery they mostly left by the 60's

Attachments

• 13993598418_54411d91ec_b.jpeg
    13993598418_54411d91ec_b.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 41

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Somali Jews? Impossible. Hilarious. Clownish

Trending

Latest posts