Heavily armed Oromos (OLF) attack Somali Farmers again, in Tulli Guuleed

My biggest worries is what’s been floating around recently. I don’t think it’s doable and very much unrealistic in the coming future. But the ambition is to slowly break apart the regions, and in first hand make them non-ethnic based.

We’ve seen how new regions have popped out since Abiy took over. For him that means strengthening the power in Addis, as the regions becomes smaller. Now they’ve decided to dissolve the regional forces completely. What will it entail for us, as we now become defenseless?

Mark my word, they will and currently are taking advantage of our ‘divisiveness’, to further weaken us and achieve political gains at our expense.:snoop:
Somalis have suffered under Abiye. Tigray controlled Ethiopia for 30 years almost and we never had any fears of oromo or amhara coming to the Somali region taking over. Right now Amharas control banks, airports, hospitals, etc... in Jigjiga, and they are even running for local offices. Afar have taken loads of land from ciise Somalis and now Geri are being pushed back by Oromo. I think your fears and concerns are legit unfortunately! They have done all this damage in 5 years without ethnic federalism being abolished and without regional forces being disbanded. Imagine how bad it'll be when they scale back to the "glory days" of one "hoyo Ethiopia" with no ethnic federalism? We will either lose lands and move to Somalia or risk losing a lot more than land, our culture, religion and language like a lot of others have in Ethiopia.

Somalis have suffered under Abiye. Tigray controlled Ethiopia for 30 years almost and we never had any fears of oromo or amhara coming to the Somali region taking over. Right now Amharas control banks, airports, hospitals, etc... in Jigjiga, and they are even running for local offices. Afar have taken loads of land from ciise Somalis and now Geri are being pushed back by Oromo. I think your fears and concerns are legit unfortunately! They have done all this damage in 5 years without ethnic federalism being abolished and without regional forces being disbanded. Imagine how bad it'll be when they scale back to the "glory days" of one "hoyo Ethiopia" with no ethnic federalism? We will either lose lands and move to Somalia or risk losing a lot more than land, our culture, religion and language like a lot of others have in Ethiopia.

I’m afraid you’re right. It seems like we are directly/indirectly targeting, for being staunch anti-Ethiopia as well.

Look at Afar for instance. They are more pro-Ethiopia than us and cooperative with them. Before 2021, they barely dared to take land by force. Now that they’ve participated in the Tigray war, they were being rewarded, by getting the nods from Abiy. That’s when heavy arms and military equipment were used to not only take the land but also force the local Somalis out.

We need to create a political space where all of us unite in at least the basics regardless of political visions; do what best for the future of the region. This is the final step required by us, before otherwise being completely overrun.

The conflicts with Afars/Oromia has at least brought us and Cisse closer. Hopefully everyone in the region will be onboard soon.

Sounds like someone needs to pick up a gun.

Who are the oromos in question? This is between Gherri and Jarso. Dir and Darood

Oromo in this context has a variety of meaning. 1. Most often, the Oromo state. 2. Sometimes, Oromo militias. Especially those (non-native) Oromos and Jarso, that participates in fightings coming from Haraghe/Oromia, just like the current one.

The fightings usually have political objectives/tones behind them, so it’s no longer Geri vs Jarso clan issue.

Last edited:

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
We as Hartis in Somalia should ban everything from Oromia fruits, vegetables, khat and even people. If an Oromo arrives to our lands we will respectfully deport them. Dhiiga biyo maaha we need to raise awareness on the Oromo crimes against the Geri Koombe community for the last decade.

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
Jaarso are Qallo Bareentuma Oromo who were somalized for some time but now went to back to their roots, there is nothing wrong with calling them Oromo as that's what they identify with.
Jarso is a confederacy not a clan, they don’t have a common ancestor. Most of their subclans especially the ones that border Somalis are undoubtedly Somali in origin.

The main hub of Somali Jarso is Jinacsani.
The main hub of Oromo Jarso is Ejersa Goro.
The names of the towns alone gives it away. Jinacsani is also much larger than Ejersa goro which itself has Somali speakers. Jarso are undoubtedly a majority Somali clan in everything from language to culture to lineage. Their marriage with oromia is political

Jarso is a confederacy not a clan, they don’t have a common ancestor. Most of their subclans especially the ones that border Somalis are undoubtedly Somali in origin.

The names of the towns alone gives it away. Jinacsani is also much larger than Ejersa goro which itself has Somali speakers. Jarso are undoubtedly a majority Somali clan in everything from language to culture to lineage. Their marriage with oromia is political

You’re partly right. Though, the ‘Oromo Jarso’ are somewhat larger than the ‘Somali Jarso’. I’d estimate them at 60-ish respective 40-ish, with considerations to margin of error.

The recent Oromo ‘connection’ is correctly, a political one. But it’s always been well known by everyone in the region, that they have Oromo origin. Despite this, they mostly claimed Somali and were Somali in all sense, until recently when more of them started adopting Oromo identity when they joined Oromia. Nevertheless, a significant part of them still fully/partly claim Somali, as they have retained the Somali language, culture, traditions, names, xeer, etc.

Do you have sources that indicate otherwise?

Last edited:

This explains why they side with Oromo against OG's who were mistreating them.

Oromo are our biggest enemies and our biggest threat. We need to kick them out all Somali terrority. I have my family who told me there were Oromo fighters working with Al Shabab in 2015 during the siege of Godobjiran.

Apparently: recently an Oromo leader released a Manifesto talking about Oromo supremacy

Somalis of DDSI, you need to set your grievances aside for a little a bit and come together. I suggest you to follow the examples of other regions in Ethiopia trying to fight Oromos. Oromos are trying to take over Gambella and their president was able to defeat them. Only language Oromos understand is the bullet.

World

VIP
Somalis of DDSI, you need to set your grievances aside for a little a bit and come together. I suggest you to follow the examples of other regions in Ethiopia trying to fight Oromos. Oromos are trying to take over Gambella and their president was able to defeat them. Only language Oromos understand is the bullet.

The problem isn’t Somalis of DDSI, it is Cagjar. Forget about fighting against Oromo invaders as long as he’s in power.

The problem isn’t Somalis of DDSI, it is Cagjar. Forget about fighting against Oromo invaders as long as he’s in power.
Yeah he is the problem, you're right. His family lives in Narobi in a gated community, it seems like has no care in the world about his fellow Somalis dying.

Interesting. What I do know is that some of the (non-local) people engaged in the fightings have been detained, by the regional gov’t. And from what I’ve heard, some of them have been caught with IDs that indicate them being possibly part of Oromo liyuu police/state force. I’ll see if I hear more about it soon. But it’s not a secret that it was a combination of civilians and more ‘organized units’ involved here.

But since the fightings ‘ended’, most of them were pushed back and they left most of their corpses behind.

Trending

Latest posts