Hargeisa today (2019) and in the 1970s, Somaliland region

Bohol

VIP
Same spot (Oriental hotel).:francis:

69130241_2310425915721166_6252034415040397312_n.jpg

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
You're forgetting one thing Afweynes policy on Northern cities didn't allow any multi storey buildings to be built of someone wanted to be build he must build it in xamar.

And there's no pavement in the old picture

No, thank you Somalia - that's why I evecan guaranteer everyone on here comes spends they're money in this city

IMG_20190821_230051.jpg

Oriental was the only multi storey building Afweyne allowed to be built in Hargeisa. He banned any buildings above 1 storey high in Hargeisa part of his deliberate underdevelopment strategy

Bohol

VIP
You're forgetting one thing Afweynes policy on Northern cities didn't allow any multi storey buildings to be built of someone wanted to be build he must build it in xamar.

No, thank you Somalia - that's why I evecan guaranteer everyone on here comes spends they're money in this city

What has shiny buildings got to do with the topic at the hand? Hargeisa was more of a organized city in the 70s then it is in 2019. :lol:

Bohol

VIP
Oriental was the only multi storey building Afweyne allowed to be built in Hargeisa. He banned any buildings above 1 storey high in Hargeisa part of his deliberate underdevelopment strategy

The typical "Muh Siad Bare" excuse. There is no excuse for Hargeisa to be a such disorganized failure in 2019 (when it had peace for decades).

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP

View attachment 77406
So, let me get this straight.... Afweyn builds the best port in the country in Somaliland and then bans multistory buildings in Hargeisa to stump development?
:mjlol:

Trending