Greetings from a Kazakh Nomad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do kazakhs think of borat?
That man singlehandedly tripled tourism to little known Kazakhstan:drakelaugh:

Does Turkey also have this tribal system, what do you think has caused them to be the most successful of the Turkic people in history since the Ottomans? I know they are farmers and not nomadic, could that be it?

Interesting that you call Turkey and Erdogan disguised imperalism as a person of Turkic origin.

Somalis by nature are suspicious people which I think is a good trait to have albeit we take it too far sometimes as you can see in this thread. Many Somalis are weary of Turkey's help, some in the north don't like Turkey since they believe, it is only helping the federal gov't only and not their regions. Also many love and support Turkey, and even protested when there was a coup attempt on Erdogan. He's won the hearts of the majority of Somalis in Somalia and abroad.

Me personally, I welcome their help since there's little to gain from Somalia at its current state and it benefits us a lot.
I'm not naive and I understand that Turkey isn't doing this out of kindness but they see huge potential in Somalia. Somalia has large oil and gas reserves as well as other resources so I'd rather we work with Turkey closely since they're a muslim sunni country that need the resources and we can benefit from them in exchange tremendously as well. Every relationship is a give and take, we can't expect them to just give without them taking as well and that's fine as long as it's balanced and not them controlling us.

I'm just tired of seeing their flag they have plastered everywhere in Somalia , its a bit too much.
My Syrian and Palestinian friends are more suspicious of Turkey/Erdogan and try to always put blame on him for things, telling me that he isn't as nice as we think.
I think they might dislike Turkey because the Ottomans used to directly control their lands back in the day.

Sxb I need to ask you something important, open your DMs :cosbyhmm:

World

VIP

Does Turkey also have this tribal system, what do you think has caused them to be the most successful of the Turkic people in history since the Ottomans? I know they are farmers and not nomadic, could that be it?

Interesting that you call Turkey and Erdogan disguised imperalism as a person of Turkic origin.

Somalis by nature are suspicious people which I think is a good trait to have albeit we take it too far sometimes as you can see in this thread. Many Somalis are weary of Turkey's help, some in the north don't like Turkey since they believe, it is only helping the federal gov't only and not their regions. Also many love and support Turkey, and even protested when there was a coup attempt on Erdogan. He's won the hearts of the majority of Somalis in Somalia and abroad.

Me personally, I welcome their help since there's little to gain from Somalia at its current state and it benefits us a lot.
I'm not naive and I understand that Turkey isn't doing this out of kindness but they see huge potential in Somalia. Somalia has large oil and gas reserves as well as other resources so I'd rather we work with Turkey closely since they're a muslim sunni country that need the resources and we can benefit from them in exchange tremendously as well. Every relationship is a give and take, we can't expect them to just give without them taking as well and that's fine as long as it's balanced and not them controlling us.

I'm just tired of seeing their flag they have plastered everywhere in Somalia , its a bit too much.
My Syrian and Palestinian friends are more suspicious of Turkey/Erdogan and try to always put blame on him for things, telling me that he isn't as nice as we think.
I think they might dislike Turkey because the Ottomans used to directly control their lands back in the day.
People from modern day Turkey or Anatolia were conquered by Turkic nomads from Central Asia in the Middle Ages, which is why they speak Turkish today. They have less than 5 ~ % Turkish/Turkic admixture in them.

1. In order to answer your question I have to go into Turkish history a little bit. Turkish people are a very recent creation by Ataturk. Initially it was nomadic Oghuz tribes(descendants of whom are Turkmens in Central Asia) that migrated from Central Asia into Middle East and created a Seljuk Empire from which the Ottoman empire then arose. By that time many of those original tribes had settled and intermarried with others. By the time Ottoman empire collapsed majority of population was of mixed Greek/Arab/Armenian slightly original Turkic origin. A modern Turk most likely is Turk only by language. There are tribes within Turkey that kept the culture and knowledge of tribes but they won’t number more than 1 out of Turkey’s 75 million people. After disintegration of Turkey, Ataturk chose the name Turk and created a new ideology which gives us a modern Turk. He also had Ottoman language modified by replacing Farsi/Arab words with original Turkic words. Central Asian Turks therefore at times may think of Anatolian turks being assimilated people who are not really Turk. So I wouldn’t say that Turks are farmers rather the people they conquered and assimilated are farmers

2. Most people are triggered by Borat, I was laughing my ass off at that movie.

3. Kazakhs have suspicion of Pan Turk ideologies because Turks and Uzbeks used them to get us under their banner only to betray us and benefit for themselves

4. I guess you are right that Turkey has little to benefit, bu Erdogan is a Neo Osmanist so watch out.

People from modern day Turkey or Anatolia were conquered by Turkic nomads from Central Asia in the Middle Ages, which is why they speak Turkish today. They have less than 5 ~ % Turkish/Turkic admixture in them.
You are correct. Turks are to us what a Dominican is to a Spaniard

Dominicans are actually closer to Spaniards than Turks are to Central Asians.
Once again you are right, I forgot that Dominicans are 25-50% Spaniard. I reckon this is because original Oghuz tribes were so low in numbers they couldn’t just f*ck everything in sight like Spaniards did so they had to do cultural assimilation.

Welcome to my ignore list. Mofo is disrespecting our fellow Bantus. Is one thing for Africans to call each other names. Since we are the same people. But to allow hairy dhagocas to call them names and even to ask us if we would choose their hairy men over another African? GTFO waryaa.

Welcome to my ignore list. Mofo is disrespecting our fellow Bantus. Is one thing for Africans to call each other names. Since we are the same people. But to allow hairy dhagocas to call them names and even to ask us if we would choose their hairy men over another African? GTFO waryaa.
Same ones that displaced southern Cushites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts