FGS cabinet signs off on Turkish Naval agreement, which is to be implemented within 24 hours!

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Well it happened. Let's hope they arm and train us to actually defend the waters. 10 years isn't as long as it could've been, it's legit the length of 2 somali presidential terms. I honestly trust Turkey more than the UAE or anyone else who's had their hands in Somalia's business. That being said 30% is a good chunk and I assume the resources discussed will be fish since oil is pretty abundant in Turkey. The cost it will take for Turkey to establish offshore oil just so it can take 30% isn't worth it.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Well it happened. Let's hope they arm and train us to actually defend the waters. 10 years isn't as long as it could've been, it's legit the length of 2 somali presidential terms. I honestly trust Turkey more than the UAE or anyone else who's had their hands in Somalia's business. That being said 30% is a good chunk and I assume the resources discussed will be fish since oil is pretty abundant in Turkey. The cost it will take for Turkey to establish offshore oil just so it can take 30% isn't worth it.
Since 2011 till today, they open academy in xamar to train Somalis, where are they today?.

They will build navy, yeah right!.

Still, Turkey has tie with Ethiopian. So what happen if Turkey give 10% to Ethopian to step down of MOE. So both nations taking our resourses for free!!.

Woow souties you clever, no wonder most corrupted goverment all around world!!.

We throw out Russia out of Somalia in 1977 because they had tie with Ethiopians!!.
I don't get these conspiracy theories. Why would Turkey risk jepardizing their relationship with FGS if they spent so much time investing in Somalia? Yeah sure, Farmaajo was an Ethiopian puppet but doing such a move in front of HSM doesn't seem appropriate. Besides, Ethiopia is looking for a port, Turkey isn't going to be owning our waters.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It happen with Qoslaya in his first term.
It was 2010 they signed a military agreement to train Somali army. What do they have to show do it? This is just resource plunder when we already have illegal fishing to deal with.

Turkey may end up holding its end of the deal thereby having a right to extract resources but the incompetent mooryaan who couldn't be trained for 14 years won't change now. They will NEVER get serious naval equipment just like they never got other equipment because nobody trusts them with it. That's the reality we must live with.

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP
pakistani political analysts calls somalis hypocrites for working with turkey rather then ethiopia. lmao what can gaajo ethiopians who are bankrupt do for somalis then turkey 😂😂😂 would he be ok working with indians rather then turkey as a pakistani?
This curry is anti anything Somali, he should focus on the political crisis in Pakistan than Somalia

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
Sounds mad but it’s only for 10 years so it would be better if the % was only 15-20% plus they could get this % by getting contracts to extract the oil
Yeah 15 percent is a reasonable number but 30 percent is a complete rip off.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Since 2011 till today, they open academy in xamar to train Somalis, where are they today?.

They will build navy, yeah right!.
Turkey have train a plethora of solider. It's not their fault that when they had them over to FGS that the government knows nothing about how to properly handle them.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
I don't get these conspiracy theories. Why would Turkey risk jepardizing their relationship with FGS if they spent so much time investing in Somalia? Yeah sure, Farmaajo was an Ethiopian puppet but doing such a move in front of HSM doesn't seem appropriate. Besides, Ethiopia is looking for a port, Turkey isn't going to be owning our waters.
Turkey your best ally, provide ammo to Ehiopian army!!

On 18 August 2021, Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed met Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in Ankara to sign military agreements, amid reports that Turkish drones being constructed in Addis Ababa. Reports emerged stating Ethiopia purchased the Bayraktar-TB2 and the ANKA-S drones from Turkey.

They defend you from Ethiopian lool, You had been tricked southie!!.

Somalia's coastline, is one of the most underutilized maritime resources in the world. The lack of basic maritime infrastructure, such as jetties and docks, significantly hampers the potential for economic development, particularly in the fishing industry. In many fishing villages, and even in more prominent locations like Lido Beach in Mogadishu, the absence of jetties forces boats to remain anchored offshore, complicating logistics and increasing the risk of damage or loss. This situation not only impedes the efficiency and growth of local fisheries but also leaves the sector vulnerable to illegal fishing activities by foreign fleets, which further depletes Somalia's marine resources. The establishment of well-equipped docks and jetties, coupled with cold storage facilities, could revolutionize the Somali fishing industry. This development is crucial for attracting investment, creating jobs, and increasing the sector's contribution to the national economy. Moreover, the construction of maritime infrastructure would play a vital role in safeguarding Somalia's territorial waters against illegal fishing. Enhanced port facilities would facilitate the monitoring and control of fishing activities within Somali waters, ensuring that only licensed and regulated fishing takes place.
The involvement of international partners, such as Turkey, in developing Somalia's maritime infrastructure could be mutually beneficial. While Turkey's engagement, under agreements that reportedly include sharing revenues generated from such ventures, might raise concerns about sovereignty and economic independence, it is crucial to recognize the potential for collaboration that aligns with Somalia's interests. By investing in infrastructure that boosts the profitability and safety of maritime activities, Turkey could help Somalia harness its maritime potential while ensuring a fair and sustainable partnership.
Realistically, the exploitation of offshore oil reserves, another significant economic opportunity for Somalia, cannot proceed without adequate protection of these assets. The development of a capable navy, alongside maritime infrastructure, is essential for securing Somalia's offshore oil fields from threats and ensuring safe passage for vessels to and from Somali ports.Somalia can unlock the full potential of its coastline, increase port traffic, and lay the groundwork for a prosperous and sustainable maritime economy.

pakistani political analysts calls somalis hypocrites for working with turkey rather then ethiopia. lmao what can gaajo ethiopians who are bankrupt do for somalis then ethiopia 😂😂😂 would he be ok working with indians rather then turkey as a pakistani?
Paki trawlers roam Somalia's maritime waters unabated. Streets gotta eat sxb.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Turkey have train a plethora of solider. It's not their fault that when they had them over to FGS that the government knows nothing about how to properly handle them.
So who will ensure after 10 years south Somalia will have navy?.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
So who will ensure after 10 years south Somalia will have navy?.
Honestly it's on them. I'm not any position to make promises however if the fools that are in charge know what's best for them they'd take this opportunity to send men to defend the waters. I'm not keen on more foreign forces in the nation but neither I nor you have any say in this circus.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
What do you expect from a bunch of high school dropouts that are only there because of their lineage.
I swear bro I wish all the useless people in there get kicked out and I understand how qabiil is important but it should not be seeping to the government level where we get some no qualification somali elders that came from the baadiyo to be apart of the parliament or be a MP just because of qabiil.

I swear bro I wish all the useless people in there get kicked out and I understand how qabiil is important but it should not be seeping to the government level where we get some no qualification somali elders that came from the baadiyo to be apart of the parliament or be a MP just because of qabiil.
Qabil should be left at family history and lineage nothing else, who your ancestors were and how far you can go back truly means nothing and should mean noting when it comes to government or daily life.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Honestly it's on them. I'm not any position to make promises however if the fools that are in charge know what's best for them they'd take this opportunity to send men to defend the waters. I'm not keen on more foreign forces in the nation but neither I nor you have any say in this circus.
May Allah guide us on this :2tjlv3e:.