Favourite documentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Post some documentaries that really interested you and opened your mind.

The house i live in explores the racial dimension to the drug war.

Food inc explores the corporations grip on the food supply.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I've made a lot of topics asking "name your favorite documentaries" here but sadly these people are so uninterested in it. I'm glad to see someone who has same interest as me.

In search of good documentaries I usually search at Bbc documentaries...cbc the fifth estate..
Vice (nowadays they are clearly in the Khaniis agenda)..journeyman pictures ...what abt you

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Documentaries are food for the brain, I rather spend 2 hours watching a doc than a mind numbing comedy.
Vice are really good but they havent made any new documentaries lately. Journeyman strikes me as too conservative/racist in its docs but yeah some of them are good.

Jadav Payeng single handedly planted a forest the size of Central park in his native of India to curb deforestation.

Im not gonna spoil this one. Its called "How To Make Money Selling Drugs.", Its got guests from the like of 50 cent, Freeway Rick, Law enforcement and many others spitting real game, but the ending is a really satisfying

I cant think of any more but i'll make sure to post them when I do.

Edit: Oops, wrong link. Fixed it.

Last edited:

McD30

Bored to death
Adam Curtis documentaries; power of nightmares, the century of self etc. Cosmos (with Carl Sagan), Planet Earth.

Nice thread. I love documentaries. I always see them as a gateway to a new topic/interest. It's a good way to get introduced to many concepts or events. I have a lot of documentaries I like but I'll just post my most recently watched one. It's perhaps the best account of events I've seen on 9/11 and the entire NSA scandal. As usual PBS brought their A game. I like how instead of random analysts and historians talking, they get the actual people involved and let them tell their side of the story.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/united-states-of-secret/

Recently watched BBC's Horizon Oceans of the Solar System. Mind blowing, especially when they show Tardigrades
under a microscope. They which were frozen for 5-8 years and they come alive.

Old favourite

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Inside Job, Gabe, Citizen Four, Louis Theroux's weird weekends and when Louis Met series, most of Ross Kemp's docs, That Sugar Film and many more

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
@kernel how did I forgot abt Frontline ? My favorite.

And this from Pbd also is just thought provoking

When was the first Somali cross country driving done 1989 :drakelaugh::drakelaugh:I'm just guessing

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Wallahi this was very depressing watch. I think I was 16 first time I watched it and for some reason I thought Milosevic was in the right. :meleshame:

Milosevic reminds me of Caydiid. He was always saying he was fighting for the sake of Yugoslavia, but everyone knew he was talking about cleansing out non-Serbs. You will never find a single video where Caydiid says he is at war with a clan, only that he is trying to restore the Somali Republic, while slaughtering entire towns wholesale.

BTW I have nothing against Caydiid AUN, the guy was doing hard work for his people :obama:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I completed "crimes that shocked Britain "

I'm in to Australia now ...

Waar adeer documentaries are my thing

You go watch the homolka crimes of Canada

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
Louis theroux is definitly my favourite documentary maker. His style of interviewing is unique he has a way of getting people to open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.