Farmaajo rape allegations resurface

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess its safe to say he wont do anything about the rape epidemic starting in Somalia.

He's got more pressing issues such as securing the country from Al-shabbab and rebuild institutions that can actually protect women

As of this momoment it is a rumour and a politically opportune one, take it with a gran salt then add more salt :yacadiim:

So what if they do? Ameirca has a rapist and a pedophile as a president. If these allegations are true, I think he should be impeached and imprisoned. Only God knows what happened.
I don't care about America. Trump is gonna cut funding to Somalia either way. I'm talking about the Europeans. They care about rape victims very much.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I guess its safe to say he wont do anything about the rape epidemic starting in Somalia.

Only a woman would care enough to address this issue. Don't expect anything from male politicians, much less those who have been accused of rape.

I don't care about America. Trump is gonna cut funding to Somalia either way. I'm talking about the Europeans. They care about rape victims very much.

Your faux idealism faults short of being convincing. European nations deal with country leader with much worse and factually provable allegations.

Sweden just as recently as yesterday dobbelt their aid to Somalia, there is nothing suggesting it would have an effect. :manny:
Denmark couldn't cut aid even when Somalia defied a early agreement :kodaksmiley:

Your faux idealism faults short of being convincing. European nations deal with country leader with much worse and factually provable allegations.

Sweden just as recently as yesterday dobbelt their aid to Somalia, there is nothing suggesting it would have an effect. :manny:
Denmark couldn't cut aid even when Somalia defied a early agreement :kodaksmiley:
Government salaries are paid by the EU. All they have to do is cut Farmaajo's salary so they couldn't be accused of giving money to a rapist. It has nothing to do with cutting aid to development programs.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Only a woman would care enough to address this issue. Don't expect anything from male politicians, much less those who have been accused of rape.
These men should address the issue, considering men are getting raped now too. He should tackle this issue to show people he is a reformed man or that the allegations are false.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
These men should address the issue, considering men are getting raped now too. He should tackle this issue to show people he is a reformed man or that the allegations are false.

Nothing will change sis. Most of these male politicians are corrupt and don't care about this issue. We should pray that things don't get worse.

Government salaries are paid by the EU. All they have to do is cut Farmaajo's salary so they couldn't be accused of giving money to a rapist. It has nothing to do with cutting aid to development programs.

I don't see the EU doing that even if he was convicted of it, let alone based on a opportune rumour. I have worked in brussels and the bureaucracy that form the legislation that only the commission can propose is protective of long-term European interests and steers clear of ideological disputes. The EU foreign offices is known among colleagues as the most conservative in it's changes, so I'd say it is a pipe dream at best from my experience.EU's main interest is in combating terrorism and reduce flood of refugees and as long as the Federal government accomplices that it leaves opponents of such an agreement without an alternative.

The Somali envoy let by a woman no less reitrated her support for the government just yesterday, so as with must things, your argument don't conform to reality. :bell:

I don't see the EU doing that even if he was convicted of it, let alone based on a opportune rumour. I have worked in brussels and the bureaucracy that form the legislation that only the commission can propose is protective of long-term European interests and steers clear of ideological disputes. The EU foreign offices is known among colleagues as the most conservative in it's changes, so I'd say it is a pipe dream at best from my experience.EU's main interest is in combating terrorism and reduce flood of refugees and as long as the Federal government accomplices that it leaves opponents of such an agreement without an alternative.

The Somali envoy let by a woman no less reitrated her support for the government just yesterday, so as with must things, your argument don't conform to reality. :bell:
If it becomes newsworthy then for sure they'll do something. Right now it's easy to hide it under the rug.

If it becomes newsworthy then for sure they'll do something. Right now it's easy to hide it under the rug.

You do know that the EU has an intelligence sharing scheme? :kodaksmiley:
Any widely circulated rumor they would have info on by now, as they have a portifilio of all Somali leadership :ivers:

The only thing that would change the status qou is if there is prove, and decade old rape case is next to impossible to prosecute on the best of circumstances in rich European countries but impossible in Somali context. I know from personal experience how hard it is to prove it:birdman:

You do know that the EU has an intelligence sharing scheme? :kodaksmiley:
Any widely circulated rumor they would have info on by now, as they have a portifilio of all Somali leadership :ivers:

The only thing that would change the status qou is if there is prove, and decade old rape case is next to impossible to prosecute on the best of circumstances in rich European countries but impossible in Somali context. I know from personal experience how hard it is to prove it:birdman:
Are you a fob? What part of hiding it under the rug don't you understand? I said if it becomes newsworthy then they'll do something. Until then they'll turn a blind eye.

Are you a fob? What part of hiding it under the rug don't you understand? I said if it becomes newsworthy then they'll do something. Until then they'll turn a blind eye.

How is hidden under the rug when it is widely circulated rumor? It fails the hidden part.

Further it won't change anything. He'll highlight as a character attack on him by his political rivals and when it comes from SL or Puntland it would be viewed as such.

Allegation alone don't change foreign policy, actually prove is needed, and if you haven't noticed Somali politics has never been top story on EU, even this election was at the bottom page, with Trump remarks at the top. Also it is not on the mind of the EU, which has brexit and French and German election coming up.

You really don't understand the beaucratic nature of the EU do you? You think it is another of these slack-tvism sites you work your magic on?

VixR

Veritas
Wow, so has rape allegations against him? This is the first I'm hearing this. For all the hopes hitched on this guy and the judging of his appointments for being corrupt or unfit for their spots, you'd think he was a unblemished saint and savior.

Wow, so has rape allegations against him? This is the first I'm hearing this. For all the hopes hitched on this guy and the judging of his appointments for being corrupt or unfit for their spots, you'd think he was a unblemished saint.

No one is saint but this is a decade old rape allegation that has no prove to it. If I brought this to a judge I'd lose my license :kodaksmiley:

Also keep in mind that powerful people want him removed so it makes it re-emergence opportune.

Notice how it is SL or Puntlanders that peddel it for their respective interest. They don't care about rape victims but want a man they politically disagree with removed to further their own interests:ivers:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
What do you guys gain from this sad shit?

Another few decades of qaxootinimo? Your daughters becoming Umm Tyrone's? Your sons water whipping and then getting turned out in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.