Ethiopian troops in Jijiga, president Mustafa involved in lasaanod conflict??

Hadii 1 laf Ogaadeen soo galaan Dagaalka- Idoor buurtii Berbera uu saarnaan jirey- ayuu kor u kori doonaa.

Yaaba is gaarey.

You know a lot more about Somalis. It’s not comparable. Fighting between Tigray and Amhara or Oromo and Somalis is pretty simple (ethnicity). But I could never tell you about intra clan wars between oromos.

You as an individual, can't, but there are somalis, who believe it or not, are educated and keep up with those conflicts.

OP is an Oromo spreading fake news. Oromos love to SL for some reason. Please @Admin junk this thread.

Oromo's do not pick sides, unless there are individuals who get paid or have an interest with SL or the other side. Otherwise, we want Somali's to make peace and not fight. We want to export our goods through y'alls ports and make $$, and war is bad for business my brother.

Oromo's do not pick sides, unless there are individuals who get paid or have an interest with SL or the other side. Otherwise, we want Somali's to make peace and not fight. We want to export our goods through y'alls ports and make $$, and war is bad for business my brother.
do you support Abiy Ahmed?

do you support Abiy Ahmed?

I am not a blind follower, if that's what you're asking. If he does something good (like not involving himself in Somalia's internal affairs, at least better than what tplf was doing) or working on food production (somali region is producing a lot of wheat these days), then I support that. If he does something wrong (like trying to solve internal oromo issues with force) then I do not support that. Also, man, Ethiopia maybe one of the most difficult and complicated countries to govern in the world, because u have so many different & conflicting interests/perspectives/desires/etc.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
I am not a blind follower, if that's what you're asking. If he does something good (like not involving himself in Somalia's internal affairs, at least better than what tplf was doing) or working on food production (somali region is producing a lot of wheat these days), then I support that. If he does something wrong (like trying to solve internal oromo issues with force) then I do not support that. Also, man, Ethiopia maybe one of the most difficult and complicated countries to govern in the world, because u have so many different & conflicting interests/perspectives/desires/etc.
Abiy is very involved in Somalia affairs. he installed and tried to install FMS leaders through brute force on behalf of his puppet Farmaajo. And for the first few months of HSM’s reign trying to lead FMS opposition but has now realised this is a fools errand given the Shabaab operations. Best for him to deal with HSM on equal terms

what are your thoughts on ethnic tensions being sky since he got elected? Also he hasn't done much for the Somali Region, don't believe the propaganda. He has moved Amhara into the Somali region and put them in every sector while neglecting Somalis. He has allowed Afars to attack Somalis, He has allowed Oromos to attack everyone.

I believe a war between Amhara and Oromo will happen soon. What do you think?

what are your thoughts on ethnic tensions being sky since he got elected? Also he hasn't done much for the Somali Region, don't believe the propaganda. He has moved Amhara into the Somali region and put them in every sector while neglecting Somalis. He has allowed Afars to attack Somalis, He has allowed Oromos to attack everyone.

I believe a war between Amhara and Oromo will happen soon. What do you think?

There's always been those tensions though, under previous regimes, but somali region today is more peaceful than its been in a while, no? no onlf fighting, no targeting of other clans or attacking neighbors, etc?
as far as moving amara there, are u sure its abiy doing it? or is it your pres. mustafa, because he wants to maintain his seat and maybe even get more powerful/influential at the federal level?
as far as the afar issue goes, i am not sure, because some say liyyu somali forces help the sitti region, some say they don't?
who is oromo attacking?

I think we may see the amhara party of the govt and the oromo party, get into conflict, and then sides will be taken, but time will tell about that.

Abiy is very involved in Somalia affairs. he installed and tried to install FMS leaders through brute force on behalf of his puppet Farmaajo. And for the first few months of HSM’s reign trying to lead FMS opposition but has now realised this is a fools errand given the Shabaab operations. Best for him to deal with HSM on equal terms

What is FMS? farmajo? and how did he try to do that? and lets say he did, and then stopped; is that not good? instead of trying to stubbornly try to keep supporting the opposition? and did hsm not go to egypt and try to back them against ethiopia? what if ethio went to hargeisa and said we gonna side with them and fight the rest of somalia? that'd be the same thing (not saying I'd support it)

bidenkulaha

GalYare
What is FMS? farmajo? and how did he try to do that? and lets say he did, and then stopped; is that not good? instead of trying to stubbornly try to keep supporting the opposition? and did hsm not go to egypt and try to back them against ethiopia? what if ethio went to hargeisa and said we gonna side with them and fight the rest of somalia? that'd be the same thing (not saying I'd support it)
Federal Member States. Ie PL, GM etc. And no, HSM gave a pretty neutral statement and never said he’d back a war in Ethiopia. Abiy is just a paranoid guy and was upset to have lost a puppet in Farmaajo.

There's always been those tensions though, under previous regimes, but somali region today is more peaceful than its been in a while, no? no onlf fighting, no targeting of other clans or attacking neighbors, etc?
as far as moving amara there, are u sure its abiy doing it? or is it your pres. mustafa, because he wants to maintain his seat and maybe even get more powerful/influential at the federal level?
as far as the afar issue goes, i am not sure, because some say liyyu somali forces help the sitti region, some say they don't?
who is oromo attacking?

I think we may see the amhara party of the govt and the oromo party, get into conflict, and then sides will be taken, but time will tell about that.
there was no clan targeting, you are believing lies made up by Issaq, When Abdi Iley was in charge, the Somali region was much safer than it is now and Somali women and children weren't being slaughtered by cowards like Afars. Abdi Iley also protected Dir, Ciise and Hawyie from Oromos. Mustafa hasn't lifted a finger to help Sitti Region, they have to go down to Jigjiga and Somalia proper to get weapons so they can defend themselves.

You underestimate the hate Amhara have for Oromos now, war will happen and it will be due to Abiy. FANO membership has increased tremendously and many "Ethiopiansts" from all sides have become more ethnicity focused than anything else

Federal Member States. Ie PL, GM etc. And no, HSM gave a pretty neutral statement and never said he’d back a war in Ethiopia. Abiy is just a paranoid guy and was upset to have lost a puppet in Farmaajo.

Oh ok, so he was backing PL against the central govt in Mogadishu?

there was no clan targeting, you are believing lies made up by Issaq, When Abdi Iley was in charge, the Somali region was much safer than it is now and Somali women and children weren't being slaughtered by cowards like Afars. Abdi Iley also protected Dir, Ciise and Hawyie from Oromos. Mustafa hasn't lifted a finger to help Sitti Region, they have to go down to Jigjiga and Somalia proper to get weapons so they can defend themselves.

You underestimate the hate Amhara have for Oromos now, war will happen and it will be due to Abiy. FANO membership has increased tremendously and many "Ethiopiansts" from all sides have become more ethnicity focused than anything else

Are u sure you're just not biased against Isaaq? I am not taking sides, trying to be fair and objective here, so what happened at gashamo? I heard some somalis saying isaaq civilians were targeted? and was not abdi illeys liyyu committing war crimes against his own people? and then later he was used by tplf to wage war on oromo, which he thought would work, but we all know where he and the tplf are/is now.
sitti region is armed on their own though, no? and do they not already outnumber the afar by a great margin? or? and the afar usually show maps showing how they've been pushed east by their neighbors, particularly the issa and at times, yes, us oromo's.
them being much smaller, and not as expansionist as us both oromo and somali, i tend to believe them.

as far as the amhara goes, we are not worried to be honest with you, simply because, it's a few loud mouthed elites and not their average citizens. and the oromo can defend themselves now, there are more arms in oromia proper, and if there were any real threat from them, oromo's across all parts of society would unite (oromia polis, OLA, and others), just look at how we karbashed them in the west, sent them packing and crying.

Are u sure you're just not biased against Isaaq? I am not taking sides, trying to be fair and objective here, so what happened at gashamo? I heard some somalis saying isaaq civilians were targeted? and was not abdi illeys liyyu committing war crimes against his own people? and then later he was used by tplf to wage war on oromo, which he thought would work, but we all know where he and the tplf are/is now.
sitti region is armed on their own though, no? and do they not already outnumber the afar by a great margin? or? and the afar usually show maps showing how they've been pushed east by their neighbors, particularly the issa and at times, yes, us oromo's.
them being much smaller, and not as expansionist as us both oromo and somali, i tend to believe them.

as far as the amhara goes, we are not worried to be honest with you, simply because, it's a few loud mouthed elites and not their average citizens. and the oromo can defend themselves now, there are more arms in oromia proper, and if there were any real threat from them, oromo's across all parts of society would unite (oromia polis, OLA, and others), just look at how we karbashed them in the west, sent them packing and crying.
I'm not bias against them, they are just known to lie for their benefit. There were and are Issaqs in Liyu under Abdi Iley. As for Sitti, most "expansion" that happened to in the "Afar" region by Ciise happened before in the 19th century. The reason they are attacking now is because the Ethiopian government needs a way to connect to the port of Djibouti and they don't trust Somalis.

Also are you sure about Amhara? They are very powerful when it comes to their international presence, they are able to lobby westerners and have contact with many Western politicians. They also apparently have a lot of Weapons. They are much more organized than other groups in the Horn. I don't believe they are a small minority when it comes to their opinion of Oromos. Why do think there was such a harsh reaction from them when Oromos wanted to preach in their own language?

look at these accounts:

I'm not bias against them, they are just known to lie for their benefit. There were and are Issaqs in Liyu under Abdi Iley. As for Sitti, most "expansion" that happened to in the "Afar" region by Ciise happened before in the 19th century. The reason they are attacking now is because the Ethiopian government needs a way to connect to the port of Djibouti and they don't trust Somalis.

Also are you sure about Amhara? They are very powerful when it comes to their international presence, they are able to lobby westerners and have contact with many Western politicians. They also apparently have a lot of Weapons. They are much more organized than other groups in the Horn. I don't believe they are a small minority when it comes to their opinion of Oromos. Why do think there was such a harsh reaction from them when Oromos wanted to preach in their own language?

look at these accounts:

Are u saying there aren't people from all clans/ethnic groups/etc that don't lie for their benefits? Hmmm.
Somali's have traditionally been known to control the route to djibouti, no? Unless I am wrong here, so I am not sure about abiy's position on that, especially knowing that if somali's shut it down, they'd be losing a lot of money themselves. it'd be a lose-lose for them and us.

I am not saying you're wrong about the amhara, I am just saying that, we are not afraid and will not allow them to bring back the old ethiopia that some of them want back so desperately. the church issue did expose a lot of them, u are right, the funny thing is, the oromo church got a lot of support from oromo christians, so the issue is not over. and they exposed their hatred too, so we may see the traditionally amhara dominated church be forced to open up some or a lot of their top positions to oromo's and others.

Trending