Ethiopian guy tells it like it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big government and centralism (Hutu rule) has been an utter disaster for that country. It has failed to produce anything remotely resembling a strong government for the past 24 years. What makes you think the next 10 years of more of the same will change anything? That's the definition of insanity. Contrary to what you're trying to push here, qabil states are working perfectly well and exceeding all expectations. Somaliland and Puntland are two great examples of this. The people enjoy greater amounts of security, freedom, and economic prosperity than they ever did under the past 24 years of inept Hutu central rule. Centralism and Somaliweyn are failed concepts that have been unable to produce a strong government. The only reasonable alternative is the balkanization of the overgrown mass that is Somalia and for everyone to go their own way and pave their own futures.

You know I (and no Somali except the truly delusional) have no disagreement with you there, however; as strong as Puntland and Somaliland are when compared to all of Somalia, they will never, ever be competitive internationally. They just don't have the numbers. The only way they could is if they had oil/another natural and are successfully able to exploit it for guwap. Or, if one/both of them magically became the next Singapore.

Lastly, numbers aren't everything in this age. Just look at Israel and how it is practically surrounded on all sides yet it eclipses its neighbors in practically everything.

Why mention a state that is about the same size as all of Somalia and that has received billions upon billions in aide. Not to mention being allied with the only nuclear hegemon. Singapore or... Luxembourg are much better examples.

The romaticization of Israel on SS needs to stop!

The Ethiopians and Kenyans have more things to worry about at home than constantly meddling in the affairs of the very different and diverse peoples located in the Somali peninsula.

It would be utter stupidity to ignore your neighbours. Goes both ways.

You would have a point if this was actually the case, but it patently isn't. The vast majority of the people in the country did not want central hutu rule continuously for the past 24 years, it was merely foisted on them by the international community and dire circumstances.

No disagreements from me.

There were already a significant minority of the people (SL) who wanted to secede long before the civil war, and that number metastasized to a great majority after the civil war. These autonomous tribal states are doing very well and have been functioning as local governments that provide all of the necessities the people need that the failed central government could never hope to provide. Therefore, I don't think it's unreasonable to conclude that continued central rule from Ugandishu is the only thing that can be described as true dysfunction in the current political climate in a.

:dzmxmmb:

But we will fail more than likely if we want anything more than local stability, if we want to be able to resist outside forces, as micro-nations with populations of >1 000 000.

You know I (and no Somali except the truly delusional) have no disagreement with you there, however; as strong as Puntland and Somaliland are when compared to all of Somalia, they will never, ever be competitive internationally. They just don't have the numbers. The only way they could is if they had oil/another natural and are successfully able to exploit it for guwap. Or, if one/both of them magically became the next Singapore.

Name me one country in Africa that is actually competitive internationally. No one here is deluded enough to actually believe these tribal states will become developed nations overnight. I think it will many decades to reach the level other African nations are at right now, and perhaps a century and even more to become industrialized. But, we need to separate and go our separate ways now if we ever want to reach this level of development. The past 24 years has shown the "Somali" people collectively cannot share a government, and something is fundamentally wrong with that identity and attempting to build a nation based on it.

Why mention a state that is about the same size as all of Somalia and that has received billions upon billions in aide. Not to mention being allied with the only nuclear hegemon. Singapore or... Luxembourg are much better examples.

The romaticization of Israel on SS needs to stop!
Singapore and Luxembourg are not surrounded by hungry lions who are kept at bay only by superior arms and military might. The Israeli analogy is very apt, I find. The Arabs surrounding Israel would love to have the opportunity to tear Israel and it's people to shreds, while the Ethiopians and Kenyans do not want to utterly annihilate us. All they want is regional dominance and control over us, and I have absolutely no problem with this and appropriate concessions should be made. I would much rather be controlled by reasonable Kenyans and Ethiopians who share a lot more things in common with us than by savage hutus.

:dzmxmmb:

But we will fail more than likely if we want anything more than local stability, if we want to be able to resist outside forces, as micro-nations with populations of >1 000 000.
Outside forces? No problem. We will build strong alliances with other nations that will aid us if any trouble should arise. These alliances can be based off of trading and ethnic similarity, such as Puntland and Somaliland with other Arab nations, and Galmudud and Awdal with other African nations. Ethiopia and Kenya is no longer interested in explicit military aggression but rather much more subtle domination of the horn, and again this isn't much of a problem at all.

Somalia could have had political control over the Horn of Africa but fucked that up in Ogaden War. Now Ethiopia run the shit in HOF and Kenya does in East Africa.

I dunno why Somalis hate Ethiopians. I have met alot them, went to HS with, worked with them and had a supervisor from Ethiopia.

They were the coolest people to be around and enjoyed their company.

I dunno what they are like in their country or Canada or Europe, but the ones here are cool as f*ck.

They would leave you alone if u leave them alone.

Name me one country in Africa that is actually competitive internationally. No one here is deluded enough to actually believe these tribal states will become developed nations overnight. I think it will many decades to reach the level other African nations are at right now, and perhaps a century and even more to become industrialized.

I think Nigeria is well on it's way to becoming a huge success. They have plenty of issues but are showing record growth and are well on their way to having a transparent democracy. None of that is relevant. I don't believe it has to take decades for Somalia to become more developed, it will take Somalis wanting our mutual success over making sure other qabiils fail etc. Live together, die alone.

But, we need to separate and go our separate ways now if we ever want to reach this level of development. The past 24 years has shown the "Somali" people collectively cannot share a government, and something is fundamentally wrong with that identity and attempting to build a nation based on it.

The past 24 years have shown what happens when people only govern for their own gain. Caqli nus sacnimo. @Halftime made a better argument for separatism. I can understand individual qabiils wanting to separate out of sheer frustration/sense of injustice, but if you think any of us are better off that way, you are simply wrong.

Singapore and Luxembourg are not surrounded by hungry lions who are kept at bay only by superior arms and military might.

The genius of Israel is that they can kill Arabs 1000:1 and this idiotic rhetoric remains fixed. :axvmm9o:

The Israeli analogy is very apt, I find.

Call us Israel one more time and I'll f*ck you up regardless of Darodnimo.

The Arabs surrounding Israel would love to have the opportunity to tear Israel and it's people to shreds

Why the descendant of a colonized people would defend colonizers is beyond me. Of course the Arabs don't want a bunch of pale Europeans stealing their land. Should they be happy and accepting of violent, opportunistic interlopers who with every action proclaim themselves separate from the rest of the region? f*ck that.

while the Ethiopians and Kenyans do not want to utterly annihilate us. All they want is regional dominance and control over us, and I have absolutely no problem with this and appropriate concessions should be made. I would much rather be controlled by reasonable Kenyans and Ethiopians who share a lot more things in common with us than by savage hutus.

:lebronwtf:

Outside forces? No problem. We will build strong alliances with other nations that will aid us if any trouble should arise. These alliances can be based off of trading and ethnic similarity, such as Puntland and Somaliland with other Arab nations, and Galmudud and Awdal with other African nations. Ethiopia and Kenya is no longer interested in explicit military aggression but rather much more subtle domination of the horn, and again this isn't much of a problem at all.

I want Somalia to stand on its own feet and want nothing from no one. Live together, die alone.

I've seen you say before you aren't interested in Somaliland rejoining Somalia despite our survival as a people being in serious jeopardy.

I think the neighbourhood/5 tuulo clan autonomous state advocates, the separatists and the NFD/K5 Xabashi/Kikuyu bootyclappers should take a seat. Or even better, executed. They should be executed alongside the Arab bootyclappers like @Kaafiye who wants us to be ruled by Arab sheikhs in Riyadh/Mecca in a mega Salafi state.

You are all enemies of the Somali people.

Nigga why do you always bring my name up, and then claim to be something I'm not?

You've resorted to making up lies against me just to prove a point??

@Samawada I don't believe Nigeria is on its way to becoming a prosperous nation at all. They're an extremely divided nation along multiple different ethnic groups, they have to deal with religious extremism, and their population is growing too fast for the Government to appropriately handle this population boom.

Nigeria will have a population of 700 million within just a few decades. If you think they have problems now with their 150 million population, just wait until they reach 700 million people.

Anyone who seeks to undermine and completely destroy their ethnic group deserves to be shot.

I can't force homosexuality on anyone just like I can't force people to be left-handed or a ginger.

I agree completely. Anyone who wants to undermine the existence of the Somali ethnic group (including those who want to welcome thousands of Bantu foreigners into Somalia) should be roundly condemned and humiliated as an ethnic traitor.

Loooooool

He needs to stop eating raw meat. We all know what happened in 1977. Don't wake the sleeping lion (Somalia). Somalia is not just Muqdisho, I dare any filthy, smelly xabeshi go to Bari, Nugaal, Mudug, Sanaag and see what happens. They're literally the most illiterate people I've ever seen with their ugly accent. They claim they were in the west for 30,20 years and have the thickest accent and can't comprehend a sentence.

These Xabashis who have flies all over their faces think they can come to Somalia and control our people. SMFH

What did we Somalis do to divide ourselves like this? If we never fought against each other, then we would never have these filthy Ethiopians and Bantu soldiers policing our country. We should be the ones colonizing and occupying Ethiopians, not the other way around.

Q

Queen Carawelo

These Xabashis who have flies all over their faces think they can come to Somalia and control our people. SMFH

What did we Somalis do to divide ourselves like this? If we never fought against each other, then we would never have these filthy Ethiopians and Bantu soldiers policing our country. We should be the ones colonizing and occupying Ethiopians, not the other way around.
I couldn't have said it better. :2tjlv3e::dzmxmmb:

I couldn't have said it better. :2tjlv3e::dzmxmmb:

Somalis have an unbelievable potential to achieve great things, had it not been for this Qabiilist disease that infects our people.

Somalia should be a country that occupies at least 1 million square kilometers of land, stretching from Djibouti to Garissa, and from Xamar to Jigjiga. We should have a population of at least 100 million people, but because of our tribal infighting and resultant high death-rate....we're stuck at a measly 8 million people.

It's downright pathetic.

NIgeria might be Africa's Germany in the AU if they get their shit together. The Afro currency will be introduced in 2020.

No it will not be introduced in 2020.

You can't have a large number of countries share a currency (and thus a monetary policy) without having a similar fiscal policy. If there's one thing we've learned from the Eurozone crisis, it's that.

I think Nigeria is well on it's way to becoming a huge success. They have plenty of issues but are showing record growth and are well on their way to having a transparent democracy. None of that is relevant. I don't believe it has to take decades for Somalia to become more developed, it will take Somalis wanting our mutual success over making sure other qabiils fail etc. Live together, die alone.
Well, by the metrics you set such as lacking in natural resources, Nigeria would not qualify. Also, Nigeria is not doing that well for reasons @Kaafiye mentioned. Nigeria is a powder keg waiting to explode and is experiencing great political turmoil as well as many existential threats. It could even go the way of Somalia in the near future and we will see the formation of new mini-states along religious and ethnic lines. Now, can you name me one country with about the same level of natural resources as Somalia and is also internationally competitive?

The past 24 years have shown what happens when people only govern for their own gain. Caqli nus sacnimo. @Halftime made a better argument for separatism. I can understand individual qabiils wanting to separate out of sheer frustration/sense of injustice, but if you think any of us are better off that way, you are simply wrong.
It goes beyond just the past 24 years. Going back all the way to 1969, the "Somali" people have shown they cannot share a government because one clan will always be favored above all other clans. This is why I don't blame Hutus for favoring their own during the past years they have been ruling, as we largely did the same thing when we were ruling the country. It's natural to always prefer to help your kin and isolate the outsiders.

The only possible way for your Somaliweyn fantasy to ever work is to abolish the entire clan system and raise an entire generation that doesn't know anything about clan. In such a case, no "clan" would be favored and no clan will be marginalized because the ruling party has no concept of clan in the first place.You simply can't have this pan-nationalist dream of Somalia rising out of the ashes to glory and still have this qabil system in place. It will always guarantee the inevitable decline, civil war, and balkanization of the country even if significant progress were made on the nationalist front. That's why I laugh at such notions of "Qabil, not Qabyaalad", despite the fact the two can never be separated in the real world. A so-called Wadani who also believes in the qabil system is a confused ignoramus. The two ideologies are like water and oil, and only one will utterly dominate the other and it's looking like the Qabil ideology, which is the only one that actually has any substance, is coming out on top.

This all speaking in theory only. I'm just enumerating just how desperate and practically impossible of a solution you would need to implement for your "Somaliweyn" fantasy to work. I would personally fight such attempts at abolishing this sacred system, as would most other Somalis. It's not practical at all to ever hope in achieving this, which means your dreams of "Somaliweyn" will continue to remain a dream. Qabil states are here to stay and the next final steps of independence from the republic of a are already in the planning stages by many states. It's time everyone goes their own separate way.

Last edited:
Well, by the metrics you set such as lacking in natural resources, Nigeria would not qualify. Also, Nigeria is not doing that well for reasons @Kaafiye mentioned. Nigeria is a powder keg waiting to explode and is experiencing great political turmoil as well as many existential threats. It could even go the way of Somalia in the near future and we will see the formation of new mini-states along religious and ethnic lines. Now, can you name me one country with about the same level of natural resources as Somalia and is also internationally competitive?

Why are you moving the goalposts? You said "Name me one country in Africa that is actually competitive internationally." I did. Nigeria is doing very well and is currently a massive amount of growth despite its many problems.

And stop being so condescending.

It goes beyond just the past 24 years. Going back all the way to 1969, the "Somali" people have shown they cannot share a government because one clan will always be favored above all other clans. This is why I don't blame Hutus for favoring their own during the past years they have been ruling, as we largely did the same thing when we were ruling the country. It's natural to always prefer to help your kin and isolate the outsiders.

The only possible way for your Somaliweyn fantasy to ever work is to abolish the entire clan system and raise an entire generation that doesn't know anything about clan. In such a case, no "clan" would be favored and no clan will be marginalized because the ruling party has no concept of clan in the first place.You simply can't have this pan-nationalist dream of Somalia rising out of the ashes to glory and still have this qabil system in place. It will always guarantee the inevitable decline, civil war, and balkanization of the country even if significant progress were made on the nationalist front. That's why I laugh at such notions of "Qabil, not Qabyaalad", despite the fact the two can never be separated in the real world. A so-called Wadani who also believes in the qabil system is a confused ignoramus. The two ideologies are like water and oil, and only one will utterly dominate the other and it's looking like the Qabil ideology, which is the only one that actually has any substance, is coming out on top.

This all speaking in theory only. I'm just enumerating just how desperate and practically impossible of a solution you would need to implement for your "Somaliweyn" fantasy to work. I would personally fight such attempts at abolishing this sacred system, as would most other Somalis. It's not practical at all to ever hope in achieving this, which means your dreams of "Somaliweyn" will continue to remain a dream. Qabil states are here to stay and the next final steps of independence from the republic of a are already in the planning stages by many states. It's time everyone goes their own separate way.

If that's what people want, it's not like I can stop them. It is doomed to failure.:zhqjlmx:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts