Documentary: The autism plague that affects Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro

Cultural revolution
When and how did this autism plague become so rampant among Somalis? I know too much families with autistic kids

There is so much autism back home.

It's just that Somalis think their children have schizophrenia or some other mental illness.

They have a term for autism but they lump all of them into one. It's called "wuu walanyahay".

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
What causes autism?
Is this a genetic tendency?
Why is it only Somalis who are affected by this?
How many Somalis have autism?

I have many questions.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
There is so much autism back home.

It's just that Somalis think their children have schizophrenia or some other mental illness.

They have a term for autism but they lump all of them into one. It's called "wuu walanyahay".

"Wu fududyahay"

I've noticed Somali mothers hide their autistic kids and leave them home. They never bring them to the grocery store or when they are with other ladies. This denies their existence. This is wrong. Many autistic kids are quiet and smart.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
I've noticed Somali mothers hide their autistic kids and leave them home. They never bring them to the grocery store or when they are with other ladies. This denies their existence. This is wrong. Many autistic kids are quiet and smart.
Eh, many are quiet and smart, that's true. But it's a spectrum. Some autistic children are just a little socially awkward and find it difficult to empathise with people. Some autistic children on the spectrum display unusual or even extreme behaviours.

I have been to Somalia more than once and it is no where near as rampant in the west. I may sound like a nut but I do think it may have something do with vaccines

Apollo

VIP
Somalis are con artists, some of these people are falsely diagnosed with it so they can get more cash. Perverse incentives.

Just like the fake high single motherhood rate noted with Somalis.

Somalis are con artists, some of these people are falsely diagnosed with it so they can get more cash. Perverse incentives.

Just like the fake high single motherhood rate noted with Somalis.
Along with having the lowest imcome. Somali women always claim they make like 25k a year when in reality abo and the older siblings work

I feel like it's a high number because of misdiagnoses, I remember as a young kid I was misdiagnosed with autism so I went to an autistic school called queensmill until year 4.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

They hide other mild mental defects but this one no Somali mother can hide it. This sickness is hell on earth to a mother. I met a mother with 2 autistic kids. I was close to asking her "what did you do to deserve this, yaa ku habaarey"

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
How can you tell if someone is autistic?

:cosbyhmm:
Pay attention to you and you'll know:bell:

You've exhibited some mild form of autism. You tend to come into a thread and just blurt out some weird shit. Hooyadaa imisey kuugu dhashay, the older than women is the more chance she'll have either a kid with Down syndrome or autism. I learned this after having a conversation with a special education teacher who did her own common sense observation. She said these kids mothers are either too old when they had kids or it's genetic bc I've observed from the parents that something was off with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending