do u want Allah's to govern somalis or do you want western law?

which do you prefer??

• Islamic law

• western law

• secular but not west

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
obviously you guys are still somali that hasn't changed.but it's funny seeing atheists being pro somali and talking about islam being arab imperialism, and how they are such strong nationalist because they are against these, when western hegemony has become so normalized to them that they can't even tell the difference between general "human" culture and western culture. we take their clothes, language, governing system all over the world;whether or not this is good or bad is not the point (because I''m not anti-globalization) like the fact that Somalia uses the British Parliamentary system do any of these things ever cause any kind of negative feelings in the somali nationalist or is it...expected?

One could take the good parts from all systems and reject the bad parts. Borrowing is not a problem as Somali culture is filled with aspects that it has borrowed from others. The problem with your thinking is that you assume much of the values adopted by the west somehow is accredited to them. Western values is essentially just an accumulation of many different values from many different societies that have been adjusted to suite the European way of life for the west. Somalis could do the same with other cultures, including Arabian culture, and refine it to make it their own. Japan has done the same, South Korea has done the same but would you seriously call them western or Asian countries who have a refined version of what we today call western values? These nations are powerhouses economically. I in no way intend to impose Eurocentric culture on Somalia, I simply want them to refine that which they think is good from all walks of life to fit our way of life. Religion should be a personal issue and not one that can be used to dictate people's lives.

One could take the good parts from all systems and reject the bad parts. Borrowing is not a problem as Somali culture is filled with aspects that it has borrowed from others. The problem with your thinking is that you assume much of the values adopted by the west somehow is accredited to them. Western values is essentially just an accumulation of many different values from many different societies that have been adjusted to suite the European way of life for the west. Somalis could do the same with other cultures, including Arabian culture, and refine it to make it their own. Japan has done the same, South Korea has done the same but would you seriously call them western or Asian countries who have a refined version of what we today call western values? These nations are powerhouses economically. I in no way intend to impose Eurocentric culture on Somalia, I simply want them to refine that which they think is good from all walks of life to fit our way of life. Religion should be a personal issue and not one that can be used to dictate people's lives.

In other words, there is universality to many human cultures. Westerners don't think so though in their majority. To them, they are the ones who took most of mankind out of savagery. They still think other cultures are inferior to theirs. It is in their books and attitude.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You won me over with the last part of your comment. You are on point about modern atheism. They have tooled it as science and it spawned social Darwinism that massacred millions of mankind. It is religion disguised as science and they heavily promote this dogma today.

Please, don't expose yourself as a mentally insufficient person again. We had this same talk and it didn't go well for you.

A religion is defined - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Atheism - The lack of belief in any deities.

James G. Huneker put it best, "Without dogma a religion is like a body without skeleton. It can't stand." Simply put, atheism has no dogma.

I would like you to prove that atheism spawned social Darwinism. You're nothing more than a mentally deficient fool who says whatever is on his mind irregardless of stupidity.

You never get tired of being a mouthpiece for idiocity.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
In other words, there is universality to many human cultures. Westerners don't think so though in their majority. To them, they are the ones who took most of mankind out of savagery. they still think other cultures are inferior to theirs. It is in their books and attitude.

Those who think that are nothing more than ignorant fools who lack the will to educate themselves about world history. Humanity has contributed so much and westerners cannot take credit for everything, but you must also give them credit where it's due.

Please, don't expose yourself as mentally insufficient person again. We have this same talk and it didn't go well for you.

A religion is defined - the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Atheism - The lack of belief in any deities.

James G. Huneker put it best, "Without dogma a religion is like a body without skeleton. It can't stand." Simply put, atheism has no dogma.

I would like you to prove that atheism spawned social Darwinism. You're nothing more than a mentally deficient fool who says whatever is on his mind irregardless of stupidity.

You never get tired of being a mouthpiece for idiocity.

Atheism without dogma central to it would not stand itself as atheism. The "ism" would not be there. One has to assume certain fundamental positions of atheism for that person to be considered an atheist. Dogma or beliefs, you can choose whatever you want to label those atheist tenets one has to uphold. It is up to you.

And finally, what I said would not score a point with you enough for you to respond if it came from someone found to be mentally insufficient. Be careful with what you say in trying to demean someone else. It can come back at you in ways you don't expect.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Atheism without dogma central to it would not stand itself as atheism. The "ism" would not be there. One has to assume certain fundamental positions of atheism for that person to be considered an atheist. Dogma or beliefs, you can choose whatever you want to label those atheist tenets one has to uphold.

And finally, what I said would not score a point with you enough for you to respond if it came from sound found to mentally insufficient. Be careful with what you say in trying to demean someone else. It can come back at you in ways you don't expect.

Mate, do you have no care for sound reasoning? All the world leading definitions have it clear. Atheism has no dogma. Why do you reject the facts to present your own flimsy logic created only to propagate absolute nonsense?

Oxford dictionary:

"Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods."

Now please provide me with actual credible sources that contradict this definition and claim atheism to be a religion.

I'm not demeaning you mate, you're demeaning yourself. When you espouse nonsense then you can't complain when someone calls out that it's nonsense. Moreover, you can't complain when someone insults your intelligence if you keep reiterating the same old debunked nonsense.

Atheism has no dogma or whatever, otherwise prove it.

Mate, do you have no care for sound reasoning? All the world leading definitions have it clear. Atheism has no dogma. Why do you reject the facts to present your own flimsy logic created only to propagate absolute nonsense?

Oxford dictionary:

"Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods."

Now please provide me with actual credible sources that contradict this definition and claim atheism to be a religion.

I'm not demeaning you mate, you're demeaning yourself. When you espouse nonsense then you can't complain when someone calls out that it's nonsense. Moreover, you can't complain when someone insults your intelligence if you keep reiterating the same old debunked nonsense.

Atheism has no dogma or whatever, otherwise prove it.

:russ:

You sound pissed. Question: To be an atheist, what does one need to accept? Simple question and it is not loaded. I swear.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

You sound pissed. Question: To be an atheist, what does one need to accept? Simple question and it is not loaded. I swear.

Well, I'm not accustomed to this sort of idiocity.
:siilaanyolaugh:

To be an atheist one simply needs to either lack a belief in god or completely disbelieve in him.
:yacadiim:

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist
According to Burhan this is what Atheism means:

266px-CroppedStalin1943.jpg

Kkkkkkkkkk

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir

Well to be fair, many of the Atheists on here hold a lack of belief in an All-powerful all-knowing being for the same reason they withold belief in unicorns. It's the default status when no evidence has been provided.

That said however I don't really care if someone believes this Universe has a divine origin of some sort. I'll only care if they attempt to try shove their beliefs down my throat and limit my freedoms.

I think it's safe to say I speak on behalf of most of the Atheists on here regarding this matter.

Well to be fair, many of the Atheists on here hold a lack of belief for the same reason they withold belief in unicorns. It's the default status when no evidence has been provided.

That said however I don't really care if someone believes this Universe has a divine origin of some sort. I'll only care if they attempt to try shove their beliefs down my throat and limit my freedoms.

I think it's safe to say I speak on behalf of most of the Atheists on here regarding this matter.

That sounds reasonable position you take bro. Good for you. There is no compulsion in religion and there is no way one can be forced to hold a conviction in their heart when they are not convinced of what they need to have faith in. It is reasonable position to never force anyone to believe in God.

Presenting an argument for faith and sincere efforts to achieve that goal is noble. After all, if one is convinced of heaven and hell, it makes sense that they want others to share a good fate with them. Mankind was and will be divided when it comes to faith and beliefs. It is human tradition.

I am cool with everyone respecting the other. Bal taa ka dhaadhici chickenshit cosmos. Waa nin aan la yaabay.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
That sounds reasonable position you take bro. Good for you. There is no compulsion in religion and there is no way one can be forced to hold a conviction in their heart when they are not convinced of what they need to have faith in. It is reasonable position to never force anyone to believe in God.

Presenting an argument for faith and sincere efforts to achieve that goal is noble. After all, if one is convinced of heaven and hell, it makes sense that they want others to share a good fate with them. Mankind was and will be divided when it comes to faith and beliefs. It is human tradition.

I am cool with everyone respecting the other. Bal taa ka dhaadhici chickenshit cosmos. Waa nin aan la yaabay.

You're shocked with me when in reality it was you who has made absurd claims and got exposed for them.

:drakekidding:

Well, I'm not accustomed to this sort of idiocity.
:siilaanyolaugh:

To be an atheist one simply needs to either lack a belief in god or completely disbelieve in him.
:yacadiim:

Let me help you with the ten commandments of Atheism among other commandments: Copied from the ethical atheist website.

1. Thou SHALT NOT believe all thou art told.

2. Thou SHALT seek knowledge and truth constantly.

3. Thou SHALT educate thy fellow man in the Laws of Science.

4. Thou SHALT NOT forget the atrocities committed in the name of god.

5. Thou SHALT leave valuable contributions for future generations.

6. Thou SHALT live in peace with thy fellow man.

7. Thou SHALT live this one life thou hast to its fullest

8. Thou SHALT follow a Personal Code of Ethics.

9. Thou SHALT maintain a strict separation between Church and State.

10. Thou SHALT support those who follow these commandments

You're shocked with me when in reality it was you who has made absurd claims and got exposed for them.

:drakekidding:

You were never sincere in all your discussions. That is because you are very dogmatic and don't see yourself as such. Jujuman on the hand, he is my favorite atheist nowadays. Until I get pissed with him of course, and he becomes like you a very dogmatic dude who only cares to demean Muslims and expose them - as he claims- as stupid people.

All you emphasize is how others who talk to you and debate with you are unintelligent, how their replies are unreasonable and off base, just pure negative guy with an obsession to prove a Muslim wrong.

Be nice for once you little c*nt.

True but his conservatism overshadowed his progressive ideals.

I would not be defined in real life as a conservative muslim. I am your average Somali who is not obsessed with religion and who struggles with prayers. I am muslim by conviction and accept faith in God to be the best choice a man and a woman can make for themselves in their short life span. If you consider that conservatism, then yea, sure.

And I do defend those ideals from others who are hell bent on demeaning them for no apparent reason other than they chose a different path for them. I never even started a religious thread and never will knowing my character.

Last edited:
So, anyways, I suggest to the smart muslim brothers who can write better than I do linguistically, to dismantle/discuss the ten commandments, and then support those among the ten what is legit and important. I support some of the commandments myself up there. but I have critique for the rest.

This can be a good discussion. But first, let cosmos and other atheists deny or affirm any of the ten so we eliminate that from the discussion.

Hypocritical of me?

:russ::russ:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending