DETAILS: Somali-Turkish Military Defense and Cooperation Pact

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Idk who turkey will trust with these developments. I hate to say it but if they give money to develop our sectors to the shrewd politicians in xamar, that money wouldn’t go where they want it to go. According to gaylan media the money UAE gave the gov’t to pay the 15k soldiers is nowhere to be seen too. So these guys are corrupt and turkey nor qatar play that crap. If they give Somalis their best resources only for xamar gov to not pay the navy or soldiers, they’ll halt until next election most likely.
Xamar are the most corrupted goverment, Turkey should divide it between Somali states.

Xamar are the most corrupted goverment, Turkey should divide it between Somali states.
They should individually build the navy of north by including awdal, khatumo, and puntland. Since the Turkish trained dhulbahante former leader of navy was removed by xamar. this deal is only as good as they make it. Keep the corruption confined to the government.

or another suggestion. Establish a independent Somali entity in khatumo which is in charge of payments.❤️

They should individually build the navy of north by including awdal, khatumo, and puntland. Since the Turkish trained dhulbahante former leader of navy was removed by xamar. this deal is only as good as they make it. Keep the corruption confined to the government.

or another suggestion. Establish a independent Somali entity in khatumo which is in charge of payments.❤️
Or pay them without the fgs

Or pay them without the fgs
That’s the way to do it. But we still need a place that can’t be compromised. The deal is for 10 years. Turkey will pay the Somalis but once Turks leave they need a trusted Somali place to give the money to so it’s allocated correctly. My suggestion is khatumo. Xamar corruption is like a lymphoma which spreads so it can’t be any region too close to it. Khatumo is pan Somali we need them to do it.

Who is gonna pay for the navy ships? Those cost billions of dollars that Somalia doesn't have. At the end of the day, without a strong economy and tax collection, Somalia can't build a navy or airforce. I doubt the Turks are gonna give us something for free.

The biggest and most positive development is the potential for economic development. I wouldn’t hold my breath on a navy being built. Turkey historically has been shrewd and transactional in the diplomatic arena. They bought S400 systems from Russia and then gave Ukraine drones to kill them, for example.
Yep, if ethiopia and somalia war turkey wins on both ends. Worth keeping in mind

Idk who turkey will trust with these developments. I hate to say it but if they give money to develop our sectors to the shrewd politicians in xamar, that money wouldn’t go where they want it to go. According to gaylan media the money UAE gave the gov’t to pay the 15k soldiers is nowhere to be seen too. So these guys are corrupt and turkey nor qatar play that crap. If they give Somalis their best resources only for xamar gov to not pay the navy or soldiers, they’ll halt until next election most likely.
💯 The IC stopped funding this administration. They can’t work with them.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
This is what we thought the deal was.

"Take unilateral and joint measures to combat all types of threats in sovereign maritime areas"

"Construction of unilateral and joint facilities and establishment of security zones."

"Somali airspace and security zones will be fully opened to Ankara"

Somali government gave Turks license to operate as if it was Turkey in nearly 1 million square kilometers.

Somaliland leased 20km.

Somalia leased 1 million sqaure km for Turkish naval influence. And gave them a third of the natural resources.
*revenue, *10 years in exchange they help develop our navy cause they have intrests and help develop other facilities this will also attract more foreign investment with the sea secured although me personally I don't like how it's 30 percent and proffered a more reasonable 20 percent but it is what it is, anyways with all due respect this deal and the MoU has very stark differences.

Aseer

A man without a 🐫 won't be praised in afterlife
VIP
If your warped view was actually real then that makes you look pathetic. A supposedly null and void nation has seats on international organizations like the UN while you languish in purgatory. Cut down on huffing down on your supply of cope you might overdose.
Oh and we apparently will have a seat at the UN security council soon I heard.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
Turkish People in politics: 😀😎🔫
Turkish People in games:🤬🤡🤢🏳‍🌈

Dont ask me for context, I still feel the effects, turkish people are successful in multiplayer games they have mods in the game and they always back turkish players

He’s right, Ethiopia won’t fight, they’ll just equip and train our troops

I want a bill to be signed that lets Ankara give our troops their pay. That keeps getting politicized by reer xamar. And If the treasury ever gets compromised by people like current government, or there’s proof of it, turkey has authority to come to Somalia and expel those responsible.

He’s right, Ethiopia won’t fight, they’ll just equip and train our troops

I want a bill to be signed that lets Ankara give our troops their pay. That keeps getting politicized by reer xamar. And If the treasury ever gets compromised by people like current government, or there’s proof of it, turkey has authority to come to Somalia and expel those responsible.
Or, hear me out. We don’t give a foreign carte Blanche to fire as they please.

We need anti-corruption checks and balances. Fundamental to every country and if our government can’t manage then then they don’t deserve the help.

We need to conduct investigations into every politician’s finances as well as regular audits and other provisions to this effect for the budget.

equally there needs to be accountability in every branch of the FGS and FMS.

Or, hear me out. We don’t give a foreign carte Blanche to fire as they please.

We need anti-corruption checks and balances. Fundamental to every country and if our government can’t manage then then they don’t deserve the help.

We need to conduct investigations into every politician’s finances as well as regular audits and other provisions to this effect for the budget.

equally there needs to be accountability in every branch of the FGS and FMS.
I’d agree only if you presented a viable solution, but you didn’t. What you mentioned was tried by the previous admin, just for current gov to scrap all of that and go back to being corrupt.

so your resolution is do this feat which an opposed admin might just scrap if they get elected, over the actual solution. Which would be setting up a Somali operated payroll office in Ankara in charge of all checks and balances which can’t be corrupted or chased out of the capital like what happened these past few years.

if you have a better idea I’d like to hear it. Even FMS with some exceptions may pocket the money, which is why we need capable individuals doing this.

I’d agree only if you presented a viable solution, but you didn’t. What you mentioned was tried by the previous admin, just for current gov to scrap all of that and go back to being corrupt.

so your resolution is do this feat which an opposed admin might just scrap if they get elected, over the actual solution. Which would be setting up a Somali operated payroll office in Ankara in charge of all checks and balances which can’t be corrupted or chased out of the capital like what happened these past few years.

if you have a better idea I’d like to hear it. Even FMS with some exceptions may pocket the money, which is why we need capable individuals doing this.
No what I’m saying is, if we can’t handle paying our staff, then we need to pack it in.
Wrap it up and just hand over the keys to Villa Somalia to Erdogan.

Also the solution is clear, Audits. I highly doubt the money it’s travelling in suitcases from the IC to HSM’s hands.
Every quarter there should be Audits on both Soldiers and Institutions.

No what I’m saying is, if we can’t handle paying our staff, then we need to pack it in.
Wrap it up and just hand over the keys to Villa Somalia to Erdogan.

Also the solution is clear, Audits. I highly doubt the money it’s travelling in suitcases from the IC to HSM’s hands.
Every quarter there should be Audits on both Soldiers and Institutions.
Our award winning auditor who got us the debt relief was chased out of xamar for investigating corruption by this administration. When he’s the one that created the corruption free system the government had, and lost many close friends for exposing their misuse. They accused him of corruption which he himself proved with audits and still got accused regardless so he left for his own safety.

No Somali can match his intellect in the field, I’d like to see him have his own office in Ankara to curb corruption once more, without Somalis stopping him.

Trending