Climate change, good for Somalia?

Apollo

VIP

Climate- weather wise maybe yes? But wouldn’t this bring its own sets of unique problems in the future, as arable lands and water resources are becoming scarce.

You can say it’s a blessing in disguise.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP

nope shitts getting dryer

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Somalia looks the same on those maps or am I missing something? We are already witnessing climate change in Somalia with more frequent droughts and cyclones. Cyclones causes more rainfall and moisture but it's devastating to infrastructure.

Apollo

VIP
Somalia looks the same on those maps or am I missing something? We are already witnessing climate change in Somalia with more frequent droughts and cyclones. Cyclones causes more rainfall and moisture but it's devastating to infrastructure.

The semi-arid areas are going to expand (replacing arid), especially in the South of Somalia and in K5. Look carefully.

Also, rainfall is projected to increase the most compared to the rest of the world in that timeframe.

The inverse is the case for the Maghreb.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Wrong, look at the second link. It is projected to have slightly more rain. One of the biggest increases actually globally.
that does not mean much as the water will either wash away most nutrient that the plants need to grow or get vapourized buy the sun or get absorbed into the ground not changing much

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
Not if they build enough water catchment areas.
that won't work as they rainy season last for months plus what there to build with we are talking about enough water to destroy cites witch will happen so the country will be left dryer and more ruined than before for the rest of the year

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
What about sea levels rising @Apollo ? Wouldn't that sink cities like Mogadishu, Berbera, bosaso and other coastal regions?

Trending