GENETICS Big aDNA Update

Nara? Kunama? They were at least on the peripheries.
That answer was specifically about Cognitives' question about the possibility of Keynan IA pastoralist migration into Nubia or some contact between those people. Saharans did exist. Though doubt is mixed as extant Nara and Kunama.

You would not need an IA sample to section potential Saharan admixture, as Kulubnarti contains such a sub-structure in ample levels. The emphasis on the Kenyan sample was primarily because of higher Somali-like DNA that has less Eurasian values rather than elevated Saharan admixture, IMO.

Alchemist, yet again, vindicated.

...kinda. Done some prelim runs using the simulated coordinates and this fellow is very, very Omotic. Kinda Pygmy? Kinda San too. Idk what to make of it. Low coverage and simulated, I know, but yh.
The low SNP count makes me hesitant about saying anything conclusive about the ZAF and Mbuti %. Though, I have potential ideas if they are true.

Putting that matter aside, what I can say is that I15499 is, without doubt, majority Cushitic (70%+ values). That's a great amount overlapping with the average Somali we can place confidence in. Factoring in the L2a1j and E-V32, it plays out as an obvious case.

Garaad diinle

ξ€šξ€žξ€’ξ€œξ€  ξ€ ξ€Ÿξ€‘ξ€ξ€›
Why is it that somalis are a better model for this sample? Is it because we're closely related or could it be that somalis are overall a better model for proto-cushites? Also is this similar to the beni amer who appears to be closely related to somalis?

0OG58Zy.png

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Why is it that somalis are a better model for this sample? Is it because we're closely related or could it be that somalis are overall a better model for proto-cushites? Also is this similar to the beni amer who appears to be closely related to somalis?

0OG58Zy.png
Beni Amer are 2/3 Cushitic and 1/3 Arabian. Even the Habesha and Northern Horners (Agaws,Sahos,Afars) are more Cushitic then them

Garaad diinle

Beni Amer are 2/3 Cushitic and 1/3 Arabian. Even the Habesha and Northern Horners (Agaws,Sahos,Afars) are more Cushitic then them
Then what is this about the sheared ancestry component? Also if beni amer are 1/3 arabian wouldn't they cluster with habesha who are more eurasian shifted than somalis?

Garaad diinle

That Beni Amer sample your referring to is not representative, the avg Beni Amer is barely more Eurasian than Habesha
Still it's curios to see this. It'd be great if we get a proper explanation for this. The admixture happened between 2000-2500 years ago which neatly coincides with E-Y18629. This might be referring to a branch of E-Y18629 that stayed in sudan.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
Then what is this about the sheared ancestry component? Also if beni amer are 1/3 arabian wouldn't they cluster with habesha who are more eurasian shifted than somalis?
Why would the Beni Amer plot with Habeshas & Northern Cushitic speakers when the Beni Amer are more Arabian and therefore more Eurasian than them?

Somalis are the least Arabian and therefore more Sub-Saharan then most Horner groups

Garaad diinle

Why would the Beni Amer plot with Habeshas & Northern Cushitic speakers when the Beni Amer are more Arabian and therefore more Eurasian than them?

Somalis are the least Arabian and therefore more Sub-Saharan then most Horner groups
I meant in relation to somalis. As you said somalis are relatively speaking less eurasion than habesha so beni amer and habesha would be closer to each other than somalis and beni amer.

Arabsiyawi

HA Activist.
Did you even read the thread?
Barely :trumpsmirk::trumpsmirk:
Nah I’m just trolling. My point was just that Somalis were never mentioned per name until fairly recently in written history. Wewuzzing this random eastern African lost in roman Balkans and calling him Somali is just crazy to me kkkkk

Emir of Zayla

π•Ήπ–†π–™π–Žπ–”π–“ 𝖔𝖋 π•»π–”π–Šπ–™π–˜
Barely :trumpsmirk::trumpsmirk:
Nah I’m just trolling. My point was just that Somalis were never mentioned per name until fairly recently in written history. Wewuzzing this random eastern African lost in roman Balkans and calling him Somali is just crazy to me kkkkk
Join the Roman larp, don’t mind all the details
IMG_2960.png

Maybe the first historical mention of Somalis being an ethnic group only dates back to the mid-Middle Ages ? :mjlol:
I don't think the Somali identity as we know it today was a thing 2000 years ago, or even a 1000 years ago. Think of it like the germanic tribes roaming around north and western europe 2000 years ago, they were related, and spoke a close enough mutually intelligible languages, but they were never united as one group until much later. Somalis 2000 years ago definitely did exist as DNA proves that, but we probably existed as independent groups, in pockets, and we were proper laangaab.

Anyways, the short answer is this little fella is Somali, both his maternal and paternal hapogroups screams Somali to me, not to mention only a Somali would venture out of East Africa and find himself in Serbia. Other horners dont' wander around like gypsies, like we do.
we have Somalis living in Mongolia, Argentina, and Israel today. There was even one Isaq farah who on facebook live from Iceland, showing off his icelandic wife and baby. How the f*ck did he get there?

Trending