Beledxaawo city vs afmadow district

cow

VIP
jubbaland total households = 381887
jubbaland total MP's = 75
afmadow housholds = 32000

so if we do 381887 / 75 = 5091

so every MP should represent 5091 household

lets be generous and say all of afmadow is one clan ogadeen.

so 32000 / 5091 = 6

they should have 6 MPS and not 21 - no wonder ahmed madoobe needs kenya and culusow so babysit him in kismaayo. he is a minority

juba.png

Cush

Cushite Arab
jubbaland total households = 381887
jubbaland total MP's = 75
afmadow housholds = 32000

so if we do 381887 / 75 = 5091

so every MP should represent 5091 household

lets be generous and say all of afmadow is one clan ogadeen.

so 32000 / 5091 = 6

they should have 6 MPS and not 21 - no wonder ahmed madoobe needs kenya and culusow so babysit him in kismaayo. he is a minority

View attachment 291259
How many houses are in the rest of Juba

cow

VIP
@cow can I have the code you used?

var t = ee.FeatureCollection('GOOGLE/Research/open-buildings/v3/polygons');

var t_065_070 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.65 && confidence < 0.7');
var t_070_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.7 && confidence < 0.75');
var t_gte_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.75');

// Add the layers to the map
Map.addLayer(t_065_070, { color: 'FF0000' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.65; 0.7)');
Map.addLayer(t_070_075, { color: 'FFFF00' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.7; 0.75)');
Map.addLayer(t_gte_075, { color: '00FF00' }, 'Buildings confidence >= 0.75');

// Count the number of buildings within the geometry and print the result
var buildingsWithingeometry = t.filterBounds(geometry);
var totalBuildingsWithingeometry = buildingsWithingeometry.size();
print('Total number of detected buildings within measured area:', totalBuildingsWithingeometry);

// Set the center of the map and the options
Map.setCenter(49.205727, 11.235906, 7); // Set center to the approximate coordinates of Dhulbahante
Map.setOptions('SATELLITE');

var t = ee.FeatureCollection('GOOGLE/Research/open-buildings/v3/polygons');

var t_065_070 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.65 && confidence < 0.7');
var t_070_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.7 && confidence < 0.75');
var t_gte_075 = t.filter('confidence >= 0.75');

// Add the layers to the map
Map.addLayer(t_065_070, { color: 'FF0000' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.65; 0.7)');
Map.addLayer(t_070_075, { color: 'FFFF00' }, 'Buildings confidence [0.7; 0.75)');
Map.addLayer(t_gte_075, { color: '00FF00' }, 'Buildings confidence >= 0.75');

// Count the number of buildings within the geometry and print the result
var buildingsWithingeometry = t.filterBounds(geometry);
var totalBuildingsWithingeometry = buildingsWithingeometry.size();
print('Total number of detected buildings within measured area:', totalBuildingsWithingeometry);

// Set the center of the map and the options
Map.setCenter(49.205727, 11.235906, 7); // Set center to the approximate coordinates of Dhulbahante
Map.setOptions('SATELLITE');
Open up your dms I wanna talk to you

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Baladxaawo originally belongs to D&M. It's original name was Buula Haawo named after a Reewin lady who established the city. There is a leysaan community native to the city.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@cow

Afmadow and Beled Xaawo districts are not equally urbanized. Of Jubaland's 13 districts, Beled Xaawo is the most urbanized after Kismayo with ~ 1/3 of the population urban. Afmadow is only 1/5 urban. It is also wrong to say that Afmadow is made up of many clans when the district is ~90% Absame.

Also it pays to keep in mind that Beled Xaawo's building count is roughly 20% of Gedo's total.
Marehan are more urbanized than Ogaden.

ps. It is disrespectful for a Marehan to speak to Ogaden about population, waa ceeb.

cow

VIP
@cow

Afmadow and Beled Xaawo districts are not equally urbanized. Of Jubaland's 13 districts, Beled Xaawo is the most urbanized after Kismayo with ~ 1/3 of the population urban. Afmadow is only 1/5 urban. It is also wrong to say that Afmadow is made up of many clans when the district is ~90% Absame.

Also it pays to keep in mind that Beled Xaawo's building count is roughly 20% of Gedo's total.
Marehan are more urbanized than Ogaden.

ps. It is disrespectful for a Marehan to speak to Ogaden about population, waa ceeb.

that's the response i expected and i am glad you talked about nomadic population. can we first establish how we can estimate nomadic population ?

for me it would be camels + berked that would point to nomadic population. or the number of berkeds should point to the nomadic population.

if you want to go through the nomadic route then i have more evidence which will embarrass your caagdheer friends and point to Gedo infact having the most Nomadic population in Somalia.

World

VIP
that's the response i expected and i am glad you talked about nomadic population. can we first establish how we can estimate nomadic population ?

for me it would be camels + berked that would point to nomadic population. or the number of berkeds should point to the nomadic population.

if you want to go through the nomadic route then i have more evidence which will embarrass your caagdheer friends and point to Gedo infact having the most Nomadic population in Somalia.
how are you able to calculate it?

Trending

Latest posts