Atheists, y'all celebrate eid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do y'all celebrate eid, or participate in ramadan feasts?

tbh I've said this before, when eid hits I'm officially a non somali. For some reason this is the one day all somalis are out being reckless and getting every bit of haram out of their system. I'm haram 365 days of the year (chewing on bacon as i type this) so eid is just another tuesday. i duck family members on this day in general so its just another day for me.

but ramadan though.....i highly look forward to this. i dont fast obviously (sometimes i might cuz i forget to eat, but if you dont pray and your being haram then your just on a diet), but my family makes a big ass feast everyday fam. i can't refuse. its literally the best time of the year for me. all of my fondest memory is around this time, even as a child. is it hypocritical of me to participate in the feast?

Opone

{ Athiest \ Stoner \Code Monkey \ Anti Qabil } ;
Same, i smoke a bowl then feast while my family is praying maghrib.

Nah. Not really. I became an atheist a year and a half ago, so I stopped celebrating it. I will just greet family members.

What is there to celebrate tho. Eid as a whole was only really fun when you were a kid, it's not as special anymore lmao

Most of my Eid celebrations, since teenage hood, has consisted of me going to Eid prayer in the morning, hang out with friends and then go to our family gathering. Not very exciting

At least now I won't be bothered for sleeping in and missing morning prayers lmao

As for ur second question. I'm DEFINITELY nawt fasting this Ramadan, eating is my favourite thing so ramadan is cancelled kkkkk

And f*ck no I'm not gonna feel guilty for participating in the feast, especially not when I'm forced to help out. Best believe I'm going to enjoy those sambusas I made from scratch :birdman:

What is there to celebrate tho. Eid as a whole was only really fun when you were a kid, it's not as special anymore lmao

Most of my Eid celebrations, since teenage hood, has consisted of me going to Eid prayer in the morning, hang out with friends and then go to our family gathering. Not very exciting

At least now I won't be bothered for sleeping in and missing morning prayers lmao
:dead:

i agree eid is bleh. i was only here for it as a kid when i got money and got to hangout the fam . now it just useless to me. i only went to eid prayer once and i was hella young lol. eid was mostly about fun, as i got older it got insistently more haram, currently my whole life is haram so eid is nothing special.

Naah eid has been just another day for a while now. But I so relate to what you said bout Ramadan. I usually hide in qolka kabaha to have a little munch and STILL participate in the feast afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naah eid has been just another day for a while now. But I so relate to what you said bout Ramadan. I usually hide in qolka kabaha to have a little munch and STILL participate in the feast afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your username....tapatalk......AND your athiest? are you me?

giphy.gif

As for ur second question. I'm DEFINITELY nawt fasting this Ramadan, eating is my favourite thing so ramadan is cancelled kkkkk

And f*ck no I'm not gonna feel guilty for participating in the feast, especially not when I'm forced to help out. Best believe I'm going to enjoy those sambusas I made from scratch :birdman:
I'm just imagining some curly haired xalimo stuffing her face full of bur and cake, whilst the adhaan is playing.XD

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
How so & why?

it has a very limited transition from childhood to adulthood as far as consistency is concerned. so people kind of just see it as an excuse to not go to work or school when they get older. it can be much more than that. bigger congregations and maybe new traditions for people to enjoy it better?

it has a very limited transition from childhood to adulthood as far as consistency is concerned. so people kind of just see it as an excuse to not go to work or school when they get older. it can be much more than that. bigger congregations and maybe new traditions for people to enjoy it better?
Ngl I've heard some youth telling me Christmas or Halloween seems more fun than Eid...
:mjlol:
But yeah I agree Eid needs to be livened up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending