Are somali people depressed people

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
@Black Dahlia sis you should try living in Minnesota, wallahi I get second hand embarrassment every second I see Somalis outside.

A little white kid started singing a Christmas song back in the summer, His mom asked him why and he said those ladies are dressed like a Christmas tree, I looked around and saw 2 Somali women wearing green, red and white at the same time, they had green hijab, red skirt and then white scarf. It was atrociously embarrassing

What does that have to do with smelling like body odor and suugo?

Our religion promotes cleanliness and Somalis are far from clean!!!
I've seen some women that have that faint spice smell, but never bo. Is it me or its mostly ethiopians in MN that have the strong spice smell but a lot of people would think they somali and blame us :ftw9nwa:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I've seen some women that have that faint spice smell, but never bo. Is it me or its mostly ethiopians in MN that have the strong spice smell but a lot of people would think they somali and blame us :ftw9nwa:
No Somali fobs in Mn straight up smell like body odor and suugo and it gets worse when they try to mask the smell with uunsi.

@Black Dahlia sis you should try living in Minnesota, wallahi I get second hand embarrassment every second I see Somalis outside.

A little white kid started singing a Christmas song back in the summer, His mom asked him why and he said those ladies are dressed like a Christmas tree, I looked around and saw 2 Somali women wearing green, red and white at the same time, they had green hijab, red skirt and then white scarf. It was atrociously embarrassing
The oddest clothes I've seen are pink jilbabs :icon e confused: you can dress modestly and even wear jilbab without it having to look so tacky. I don't know why some ladies feel like they need to neglect the way they look to wear proper hijab :manny:

Maybe this is an American thing since most people are new and refugees? I've never seen (smelt) people who have a sugo odour on them in public settings.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
Was in line at the bank with four Somali women in tents literally smelling like suugo. It's not a meme.
Before I leave the house, I have to scrub my nails to get rid of garlic or onion smell. I hate smelling like sugo. Yet these ladies have the audacity to leave smell like food. Ceeb :susp:

Maybe this is an American thing since most people are new and refugees? I've never seen (smelt) people who have a sugo odour on them in public settings.
Mostly ethnic enclaves. Like if you go to cedar in mn you'll feel like you r in eastleigh looool

on a level one reason one might be depressed because they neglected their deen. once you do that the depression is pretty much a welcoming ceremoney to your everyday cadaan tom dick and harry's mon-friday workdays. another reason is that probs man doesnt actually physically meet up with somali peers to do stuff like eat out or play football.

i mean ...thats what i feel. i strongly emphasise my first point doe .

:gaasdrink:

Most women in Jilbab here wear the latest Abayas and are all into fashion. I'v never met a dishevelled Muslima.

Cleanliness is half of Imaan. Its absurd that a practising Muslim would smell bad. Even the men here wear crisp white khamees and they wear atar too. It's part of our sunnah to always smell pleasant and look good.

Hmm.
That might be it. Funnily enough, we barely hear about this topic mentioned, not nearly as much as it should be.
There is a stunning lack of mental health awareness amongst Somalis. It's pretty bad in most muslim communities, but Somalis are even worse than most.

Like with most things controversial Somali's tend to avoid and debating is seen as ceeb or having lack of Xishood because those things are not talked about unless you want to be regarded as crazy :)

We are also an honor based culture and the consequence of that is that the least amount of shame or perceived shame is hidden for the sake of avoiding the social cost that would come with such a revelation :)

What kind of heavy metal? I have mercury amalgams i have been wanting to remove. I heard they are bad for your brain.
Always reas your adkaar for protection.
Yeah. I didnt do a extreme detox cause its very painful (headaches and all) but I just did a fast and drank ginger+parsley w/lemon.

Trending

Latest posts