Arab slaves think they're Arab!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't understand how some Somalis wanna identify as "Arabs" when they look nothing like them....it's mind-boggling. Somalis are slowly becoming a prideless people, there's a real possibility in the future that we'll have no culture of our own because of arabisation.
:francis:

They don't. You only see this online. Talk to the Somali people you know, or go to a Somali neighbourhood and take a poll...90% will say they're Black. Don't think these online Arab-begging weirdos represent Somali people. Most Somali people identify as Black. Sometimes they identify as just Somali, but that's very rare.

People who hate Arabs:

1 Probably never traveled to an Arab country
2 They don't know any Arabs
3 Cannot speak the language

So they become obsessed with Arabs and generalize all Arab people even though they haven't probably met any Arabs before.
It's important to point out that there are good and bad people in every race.

People who hate Arabs:

So they become obsessed with Arabs and generalize all Arab people even though they haven't probably met any Arabs before.

Nobody said they hate Arabs. All we are saying is Somalis are not Arab.

horta what is wrong with this place and what is wrong with you OP.
our abtiris shows that we are a descendent of Arab and because some people here don't want to believe that I don't care if they believe it or not.
You are all laxo if you don't believe we are all Arab

tell me you're trolling?

People who hate Arabs:

I don't think it's any of those reasons but I think is that they have lots of self hate or gaalo corrupts their mind into hating Arabs

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
People who hate Arabs:

Abayo macan I don't hate Arabs I hate Somalis who lack the dignity to celebrate their rich dhaqan and view ayrabs as superior thus claiming Somalis to be Arab to feel closer to Papi. I know Arabic very well as a matter of fact so your assessment of the situation is based on Nada

I genuinely don't understand how some Somalis wanna identify as "Arabs" when they look nothing like them....it's mind-boggling. Somalis are slowly becoming a prideless people, there's a real possibility in the future that we'll have no culture of our own because of arabisation.
:francis:

don't look like them, don't share a language, don't share a culture, fake origin stories that have been disproven. tragic.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
We're our own people where the hell did this bulshit that we were arabs come from ? Did we even exist ? Is it arabs who created us ? It's like this Arab supremacist ideology stems from somewhere, I wonder where ?

It has nothing to do with Arab supremacist ideology. It's as Khalid bin Walid put it; it's in our genealogies which are not authentic and in-line with our actual genetics where the majority of Somali males are either of Y-DNA E-V32 or Y-DNA T-M70, the former is an extreme minority marker in the Arabian Peninsula and the latter is not an extreme minority but is still pretty uncommon compared to what tends to dominate most Arabian tribes of both 'Adnani and Qahtani descent (J1 subclades) due to founder-effects. Meanwhile, J1 is a minority marker among Somalis (like 1-4% in most datasets).

We make zero sense as being paternally descended from Hashemites, especially since our own Y-DNA markers clearly look more connected to those of other Horn and Northeast African populations like Bejas, Tigrinyas, Afars and the like. Y-DNA T in the general East Africa area is even found in modern South Cushites like Iraqws and probably traces back to an early time when the Proto-Agaw-East-South Cushitic speaking community was still linguistically, ancestrally and culturally unified as one community (over 4,000 years ago). Then there's also the fact that we have Y-DNA results for actual supposed Hashemites (the royal family of Jordan) and they seem to be J1 like most other Arabians, so good-luck praying we're the result of some long-dead minority E-V32 Arabian population, lol.

Then there's our autosomal DNA profile which is quite... Damning as well:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We basically look more "basal" to the region than most other Horners do. The ADMIXTURE cluster that forms at K=12 is dubbed "Ethio-Somali" by the authors and it swallows up all of the Non-African ancestry in Somalis at the lower-Ks but then notice how Amharas and Oromos show this cluster alongside the "Arabian" and "Eurasian" (basically "Caucasus") clusters, imparting that they possess later layers of Non-African ancestry on-top of what's in Ethio-Somali which, in particular, signifies a deeper layer of shared genetic drift between them and Somalis, going back to a time when their ancestors' gene pools were one. This is damning because our ancestors are highly unlikely to have meaningfully shared a gene pool with theirs in over 2,500-3,000 years or so = we clearly show no recent signs of Arabian admixture, like in the last 2,000 years in terms of autosomal DNA (what we can use to gauge someone's overall ancestry and not just a lineage passed down no matter between father and son like with Y-DNA).

Anyway, these claims, clearly being nonsensical and not in line with our actual genealogical origins, are probably just owed to Islam. Our ancestors probably wanted to add some prestige to the origins of their clans by claiming to be descended from Hashemites or whatever and it probably helped foster a somewhat stronger connection to the religion.

Odeg

Gedo
I honestly see arab bootyclappers and we are black crew the same and both are a threat to Somali identity. I look nothing like a arab so therefor we are not the same. I also look nothing like a nigerian and therefor we are not the same either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending