Anyone tried learning an african language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much more complex than that of Swahili :manny:
I'm not too familiar with Somali grammar rules but I'm pretty sure Somali is Subject-Object-Verb whereas Swahili is Subject-Verb-Object, making Somali harder to learn for English speakers

Oh i see, phonology is different too

Radical

Certified CNC expert.
Looks like I'm the only guy who is fluent in swahili here... I also cringe when cadaans try to say "hakuna matata" or "jambo"

Apollo

VIP
African languages are useless.

Everyone in Africa either speaks English, French OR Arabic. Anyone who doesn't speak one of those three in Africa isn't worth having a conversation with.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300

Everyone in Africa either speaks English, French OR Arabic. Anyone who doesn't speak one of those three in Africa isn't worth having a conversation with.
What about Swahili? It's the lingua franca of like 5 countries. You'd need it to get by pretty much.
All of the other countries have their own languages that are confined to just that one country.
I do agree that English, French and Arabic would be the most practical ones to learn though.

:umwhat: It's Africa not Europe though,
the 'isn't worth having a conversation with' wasn't necessary:reallymaury:

Apollo

VIP
What about Swahili? It's the lingua franca of like 5 countries. You'd need it to get by pretty much.
All of the other countries have their own languages that are confined to just that one country.
I do agree that English, French and Arabic would be the most practical ones to learn though.

All the educated people in Kenya speak English and it's not like any of you fuckers will move to Kenya so why waste your time learning Swahili.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts