Anyone tried learning an african language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, most African languages are useless on a global scale. I do wanna learn some Swahili though. I only know some basic words and phrases, but I'd like to get to the point where I can hold a decent conversation.

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
Nope, most African languages are useless on a global scale. I do wanna learn some Swahili though. I only know some basic words and phrases, but I'd like to get to the point where I can hold a decent conversation.
Swahili is probably one of the easiest, if not the easiest African language to learn.
No lexical tones, the words are read exactly how they're spelt, consistent and simple grammatical rules, you could probably get the hang of it really well within the space of half a year if you poured all of your time into it.

Swahili is probably one of the easiest, if not the easiest African language to learn.
No lexical tones, the words are read exactly how they're spelt, consistent and simple grammatical rules, you could probably get the hang of it really well within the space of half a year if you poured all of your time into it.
Nice, nice. I had no idea. Have u studied it before? Do you know any good resources?

How is somali grammar?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
How is somali grammar?
Much more complex than that of Swahili :manny:
I'm not too familiar with Somali grammar rules but I'm pretty sure Somali is Subject-Object-Verb whereas Swahili is Subject-Verb-Object, making Somali harder to learn for English speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.