Another cow says hijab sexualizes young girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the only adult woman in my family who does not wear the Islamic headscarf, the hijab. And 20 years ago, that statement would have caused people — Muslim and non- Muslim — to ask why the rest were covered rather than why I was not, which is the case now. Times have changed, and the conversation about the hijab — which should be honest — has moved in the wrong direction.

This can be seen in the reaction of some Muslims to the initiative of the head of St Stephen’s School in Newham, Neena Lall, in banning girls under the age of eight from wearing the hijab. She also discouraged children from fasting at Ramadan.

Some of the families at the school protested; local councillors and Muslim organisations criticised her; she apparently had death threats issued against her. She backed down and the chair of governors who had supported her resigned.

St Stephen’s is one of the most successful primary schools in the UK. This is a backward step for the young girls who are pupils there.

This should be a straightforward issue. The hijab is meant to be worn to cover women in order to avoid tempting men. Don’t get me started on the issues I have with that as a feminist and as a Muslim woman. But putting children in a hijab is akin to dressing them in high heels and make-up. It is sexualised clothing. By covering up young girls, the implication is that they are sexual beings. In our attempt not to offend those who believe this, we are limiting girls’ rights and freedom.

• READ MORE
Top school bans Muslim girls under eight from wearing hijabs

In the current climate of hyper- political correctness, with strident liberals on one side and ill- informed knuckleheads on the other, we have lost the ability to think straight. The hostility towards Muslims, of which I have been a victim, is being exploited by conservative men within communities such as mine to shut down legitimate concerns.

It is not Islamophobic to ban the headscarf in primary schools — or any school, for that matter. Indeed, it would help if the Department for Education were to issue guidelines for head teachers on this.

Children need to be protected from the idea that their bodies are sexual and that if they don’t cover up they will become victims. This should not be unsayable — or even controversial — just because it involves disagreeing with some people from minority ethnic groups.

Schools should be a place for children to express themselves, not where they are boxed in. Lall is being depicted as anti-Muslim. Not so. Those who send their children to the school do so because she knows how to get the best from pupils.

She should be left to do her job and I hope the Department of Education is brave enough to come to her defence

:gucciwhat:
Horta dadkaan maxay community shaqo uga dhigtaan nacalaa aabohood ku yaale. walba dhiladii ka horaysay waxay qortay bay iyaduna meesha la soo fariisani.

And of course she gets karbashed by a pakistani chick.

Screenshot_20180123-185238.png Screenshot_20180123-185231.png Screenshot_20180123-185222.png

I said it before here and she has a valid point. The hijab was intended to cover the awra of an adult woman, do 2-3 year old have awra? Most Muslim Arabs don’t sexualise their children and don them on hijab, it’s mainly done by Somalis & Oromos? Are they more knowledgeable than those Arab Muslims? Why did they sexualise children?

As for 8 year old’s fasting, that is child abuse and any child fasting (forced or voluntary) should be removed from those parents. Full stop.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Same hoe who wore a vagina on her head is saying that the xijaab is sexualising?

Who is this female ?

What's her name and how do we know if she looks like a cow cause I haven't seen a pic ?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:mjlol: 1. Not your child, hence you cannot control what garment is worn.

2. Also, she's misreading 'why' they put on the hijab before puberty. It's a way of getting them used to wearing it.

:farmajoyaab: As a rebellious child I deemed it a choking hazard (after dugsi it was off). I also, had a liberal upbringing. :gaasdrink: If you don't start early you might not do so until post menopausal hairloss kicks in. And by then, it will probably be a turban/masr to look hip.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
If parents in this day and age are able to get away with genital mutilation then obviously it's within their rights under law to enforce hijab on little girls.

Their right however has no bearing on my view of this issue however which is as follows: placing a hijaab on a little girl is as detestable as applying makeup and heels to them; you're sexualising what is palpably a under-developed child.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
If parents in this day and age are able to get away with genital mutilation then obviously it's within their rights under law to enforce hijab on little girls.

Their right however has no bearing on my view of this issue however which is as follows: placing a hijaab on a little girl is as detestable as applying makeup and heels to them; you're sexualising what is palpably a under-developed child.

Acctually there are Young girls who were the hijab because they want to look like their mom

High heels and makeup on children isnt even the same as hijab

Somali ladies need to start dressing like ladies from Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Egypt, Bosnia, etc. Stop dressing in those black tents worn by Saudis and Iranians.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
Acctually there are Young girls who were the hijab because they want to look like their mom

High heels and makeup on children isnt even the same as hijab

I'm not going to stand here and claim all children wear it under their parents guidance but I highly doubt this forms the majority. And you have to make the same concession that some young girls choose to wear makeup. So I still don't see what's exactly he distinction.

You're free to disagree I'm just giving my 2 cents on the topic.

Lol she has a point. Why on earth is a 8 year old fasting and wearing a hijab. The Quran doesn’t advice this so this is not even religiosity perhaps ignorance.

Somalis want to put their young children in hijabs so that when they reach puberty, everyone knows they used to wear a hijab and they will be scolded for removing it. If wearing a hijab is feminism and pro-choice, why is there so much coercion involved? Why can Somalis let their children wear it on their own accord.

The whole idea of a hijab is that a woman is responsible for how a man acts and behaves! I don’t agree with this and I find it kind of offensive for men. It breeds the idea that men are these hyper sexual gremlins who can’t help but grab any woman who doesn’t have a cloth on her head.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I agree with her its ridiculous for a toddler to be forced to wear hijab.

What I noticed in Somalia is that gobol children dont wear hijab but city children do.

Its the cancerous Wahabbi filth from fat bellied robe saudis spreading this garbage in the major cities

The funny thing is that the hijab is defended under the umbrella of ‘feminism’ and ‘pro-choice’ but the people who defend it staunchly are usually men.

the same Men who are usually quiet when the topic is about fgm or rape but when it comes to the hijab they are getting themselves riled up, sending death threats and protesting. So much for this being about women’s rights more like a husbands right to force his children and wife into submission.

I agree with her its ridiculous for a toddler to be forced to wear hijab.

What I noticed in Somalia is that gobol children dont wear hijab but city children do.

Its the cancerous Wahabbi filth from fat bellied robe saudis spreading this garbage in the major cities
STOP lying waryaa any child once she goes to dugsi they wear hijab even in gobols and small tuulos

The funny thing is that the hijab is defended under the umbrella of ‘feminism’ and ‘pro-choice’ but the people who defend it staunchly are usually men.

the same Men who are usually quiet when the topic is about fgm or rape but when it comes to the hijab they are getting themselves riled up, sending death threats and protesting. So much for this being about women’s rights more like a husbands right to force his children and wife into submission.
Classic whataboutism honestly you've been here for only a couple of days and I noticed that you argue like a toddler :farmajoyaab:

You stick to your ad hominems and I’ll use logic and reasoning.
Fair enough, I should've addressed the issue with your silly argument, so I'll do it know. nobody mentioned fgm or rape you're using whataboutery to discredit what the op said, that's why I said you argue like a toddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts