Against Somaliand independence...? I want to hear your opinion.

I'm from Hargeisa. I want to better understand the case against independence.

What are your concerns/worries/unease about Secession?

Genuine question.

Because the triangle wants other regions of Woqooyi to break away with them.

Apologies, I'm not completely familiar with the politics... triangle..?

Isn't British borders of Somaliland well established? Yes, other tribes have lived there for years - but borders are borders... right? We have to respect it.

Isn't British borders of Somaliland well established? Yes, other tribes have lived there for years - but borders are borders... right? We have to respect it.
Well you're saying borders should be respected, why don't you then respect the internationally recognized borders of Somalia?

Last edited:

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia

What do you mean by well established? in what sense are they considered to be well established. Though we do agree on one thing, boarders are boarders and they ought to be respected.

No problem. As long as the territorial integrity of the Somaliland borders remain intact. People should be free to make their choices.
The thing is why do even care about the sanctity of any borders created by the colonizers? If say you are Isaaq and your tribe doesn't want to be part of Somalia I don't think anyone should force you to be part of it. But isn't it morally incorrect of you to force people like the harti darood to leave with you if they still want to be part of Somalia just because they were once part of british somaliland? Don't you believe in self determination?

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
No country on earth will allow anyone to secede, you threaten the territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Somalia.
Thus the integrity of Somalia and by extenstion the Union will be guarded and protected at all costs,
From Saylac to Ras Kamboni, One Republic, One Flag, One God and One People.
Salute Honor GIF by CBS

Allah
Dadka Somaliyeed
Waadanka Somalia

My Three Top Priorities in that order

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia
No problem. As long as the territorial integrity of the Somaliland borders remain intact. People should be free to make their choices.
I have a question for you, Is Somaliland recognized? if not then which country does the land you call Somaliland belong to? You respect borders right?

No country on earth will allow anyone to secede, you threaten the territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Somalia.
Thus the integrity of Somalia and by extenstion the Union will be guarded and protected at all costs,
From Saylac to Ras Kamboni, One Republic, One Flag, One God and One People.
Salute Honor GIF by CBS

Allah
Dadka Somaliyeed
Waadanka Somalia

My Three Top Priorities in that order

So your solution is to threaten/force/subjugate people if they no longer wish to be governed or associated with the federal republic of Somalia?

Thats the antithesis of democracy. Insane way to govern. Nothing good will come of it.

The thing is why do even care about the sanctity of any borders created by the colonizers? If say you are Isaaq and your tribe doesn't want to be part of Somalia I don't think anyone should force you to be part of it. But isn't it morally incorrect of you to force people like the harti darood to leave with you if they still want to be part of Somalia just because they were once part of british somaliland? Don't you believe in self determination?

If they don't want to be apart of Somaliland, they could very easily move to Puntland. Problem solved!

Somali Saayid

There is no surrender, We Win or We Die.
VIP
So your solution is to threaten/force/subjugate people if they no longer wish to be governed or associated with the federal republic of Somalia?

Thats the antithesis of democracy. Insane way to govern. Nothing good will come of it.
I'm not subjgating anyone,
If they don't want to be apart of Somaliland, they could very easily move to Puntland. Problem solved!
If they don't want to be part of Somalia let them move to Ethiopia.

I have a question for you, Is Somaliland recognized? if not then which country does the land you call Somaliland belong to? You respect borders right?

Officially no. But it was its own country before 1960 when two countries joined to become the federal republic of Somalia.

Like a marriage, sometimes you enter into it with good intention - but if the other partner abuses you... you are perfectly within your rights to re-establish you're pre-association stage.

Why should harti who are native to sool and sanaag leave their homeland, why do you want to force them to be part of Somaliland, how is this justifiable. Isn't this the same as if Somalia invaded Hargeisa and forced it to be part of Somalia by gunpoint?

I can also just say if I use your argument : If you don't want to be part of Somalia, you should just move to Ethiopia problem solved 😂

Officially no. But it was its own country before 1960 when two countries joined to become the federal republic of Somalia.

Like a marriage, sometimes you enter into it with good intention - but if the other partner abuses you... you are perfectly within your rights to re-establish you're pre-association stage.

International law isn’t Judge Judy divorce court sxb, SL ceased to exist post-union along with the imaginary Microsoft paint borders

Ethiopia & Somalis are two distinct ethnic groups. Apples & oranges.

Somalis who inhabit east Somaliland that wish to remain apart of Somalia, can simply move across a few miles and remain closely tied to their Federal brothers & Sisters.

Trending

Latest posts