Acting and modeling only haram for women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been digging around a little and it turns out that acting and modeling are only haram for women. Many (men ofcs) are making the argument that acting involves both sexes and that it's haram for women to mix with men. So is it okay if men act and women watch instead?

I can actually answer this for you.

There are more and more somali people of both genders (thankfully) who are becoming more confident and want to compete artistically on the global stage. This is good and pertains more to low-lower medium productions that are usually funded and controlled by somalis, BUT, as for the cadaan industry, the older generations, are right to prevent girls from the entertainment industry, as it is today. This is due to various factors.

1. The entertainment industry, and this also applies to music, dance, and modelling, are R.I.F.E with the casting couch, psychological abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, drug use (cocaine is encouraged in the modelling industry in order to keep appetite at bay to suppress weight gain, weed is the gate-way to coke which starts at the industry parties.) This applies to BOTH genders by the way, and all of those industries, so imagine an innocent somali girl with stars in her eyes. 70% of the people in the entertainment industry are parasitic vultures that prey on the young and innocent, especially at the state owned programmers, bbc, NRK, canadian broadcasting corporation, TV2 danmark, TV3 sverige etc. Even the soon to be opened Vogue Arabia isn't spared from this as the owners are conde nast and they are, lets just say, notorious in that industry.

2. Until we have our own studios, or at least a system by which we can guarantee that nothing will happen to girls and boys, I agree with them, yet, I would love nothing more than for our people to excel in the arts.

3. The film industry is very different nowadays from the way it used to be. The history of cinema is way too expansive to write about here, but long story short, it used to be very family orientated in the beginning of last century, and after the 60/70's, became something entirely different. You still have typical Tom hank-esque family genre's, bu after the late 80's/early 90's, they started to fall out of favour with more sex and violence becoming predominant. People will still tell you till this day, sex and violence sells.

So for the meantime, small local productions, funded and run by our own people and informal halal modelling gigs will have to suffice until we can start our own agencies and studios.

This isn't a negative though, I see it as an opportunity for all of us to collectively rise to new heights, if we all focus on achievements and success instead of always infighting with one another.

Of course, just because they are somali does not make it safe. There are a few ways to mitigate this risk. In this instance, it's best to ask around the local neighbourhood regarding the reputation of the content creators, and also to look specifically at the project description + common sense.

This isn't perfect, but will go a very, very long way to insure safety.

I can actually answer this for you.

There are more and more somali people of both genders (thankfully) who are becoming more confident and want to compete artistically on the global stage. This is good and pertains more to low-lower medium productions that are usually funded and controlled by somalis, BUT, as for the cadaan industry, the older generations, are right to prevent girls from the entertainment industry, as it is today. This is due to various factors.

1. The entertainment industry, and this also applies to music, dance, and modelling, are R.I.F.E with the casting couch, psychological abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, drug use (cocaine is encouraged in the modelling industry in order to keep appetite at bay to suppress weight gain, weed is the gate-way to coke which starts at the industry parties.) This applies to BOTH genders by the way, and all of those industries, so imagine an innocent somali girl with stars in her eyes. 70% of the people in the entertainment industry are parasitic vultures that prey on the young and innocent, especially at the state owned programmers, bbc, NRK, canadian broadcasting corporation, TV2 danmark, TV3 sverige etc. Even the soon to be opened Vogue Arabia isn't spared from this as the owners are conde nast and they are, lets just say, notorious in that industry.

2. Until we have our own studios, or at least a system by which we can guarantee that nothing will happen to girls and boys, I agree with them, yet, I would love nothing more than for our people to excel in the arts.

3. The film industry is very different nowadays from the way it used to be. The history of cinema is way too expansive to write about here, but long story short, it used to be very family orientated in the beginning of last century, and after the 60/70's, became something entirely different. You still have typical Tom hank-esque family genre's, bu after the late 80's/early 90's, they started to fall out of favour with more sex and violence becoming predominant. People will still tell you till this day, sex and violence sells.

So for the meantime, small local productions, funded and run by our own people and informal halal modelling gigs will have to suffice until we can start our own agencies and studios.

This isn't a negative though, I see it as an opportunity for all of us to collectively rise to new heights, if we all focus on achievements and success instead of always infighting with one another.
You said you could answer this for her. I was expecting a fatwa with ample evidence yet all I read was your personal opinion about what would be good for the Somali community.

You said you could answer this for her. I was expecting a fatwa with ample evidence yet all I read was your personal opinion about what would be good for the Somali community.

You are very dogmatic, aren't you.

Fatwa? You're joking, right?

I believe in Allah, but I have no interest in debating religion on here and approached this from a realistic and rational perspective as her questions pertained to the arts.

Is personal opinion not the reasons why we're all here on this forum, if not the entire internet sphere?

You are very dogmatic, aren't you.

Fatwa? You're joking, right?

I believe in Allah, but I have no interest in debating religion on here and approached this from a realistic and rational perspective as her questions pertained to the arts.

Is personal opinion not the reasons why we're all here on this forum, if not the entire internet sphere?
She asked if something was 'haram' and you claimed to have an answer. Lol I just though it was strange you said that but didn't actually answer her question. Never mind I don't want another long winded debate either.

She asked if something was 'haram' and you claimed to have an answer. Lol I just though it was strange you said that but didn't actually answer her question. Never mind I don't want another long winded debate either.
Fair enough

But I still stand by everything that I said, considering Saudi Arabia just sent their first male AND female feature film to compete in a Christian country's film festival. Same time as Qatar, UAE and everyone else is churning out dramas and comedies with both genders. So I doubt it's that haram.

http://stepfeed.com/entertainment/film/saudi-comedy-selected-toronto-film-festival/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending