Acting and modeling only haram for women?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
So I've been digging around a little and it turns out that acting and modeling are only haram for women. Many (men ofcs) are making the argument that acting involves both sexes and that it's haram for women to mix with men. So is it okay if men act and women watch instead?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Oh and is it haram to watch tv shows and go to the movies? Is it haram to watch DC movies or Jurassic Park because these movies might be shirk? What about seeing a true story about to homosexual lovers lifes during the 1950s America and the hardships they had to face? Is it haram?

VixR

Veritas
Half the mundane shit most ppl do on a daily basis is haram.

The life u see ppl live during Ramadan is what they're actually supposed to be doing all year round, which is mind-boggling if u truly think about it, not to mention practically impossible in the modern world.

VixR

Veritas
As most ppl know, in the West, men used to act the female roles in early plays and such. In Islam, that's also an egregious sin, so they'd have to make up scripts and plots that have absolutely no women in them except in reference, and also no music but drums and chants, etc.

A perfectly Islamic, halal production is hard to imagine. I would def watch one in the interest of seeing how they get around the restrictions, if anything, that's if they even exist.

Last edited:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

The life u see ppl live during Ramadan is what they're actually supposed to be doing all year round, which is mind-boggling if u truly think about it, not to mention practically impossible in the modern world.

I agree that it's completely impossible.

I believe most of these rulings are fake. I think most sheiks and Muslim scholars are so bored with their life they think of creative ways to keep a woman brainwashed.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
As most ppl know, in the West, men used to act the female roles in early plays and such. In Islam, that's also an egregious sin, so they'd have to make up scripts and plots that have absolutely no women in them except in reference, and also no music but drums and chants, etc.

A perfectly Islamic, halal production is hard to imagine. I would def watch one in the interest of seeing how they get around the restrictions, if anything, that's if they even exist.

If you were to introduce the pure and unadulterated form of Islam then you'd have a theocratic state far worse then that of Saudi Arabia or Iran. The amount of exception one must make is insane.

When the Muslim empires invaded India (killing hundreds of thousands of not millions), they had to make an exception and include the polytheists (Hindus) into the fold of jizya because you cannot eliminate them or fight them forever until they convert. Slavery is another great example. Imagine that most Muslim nations did not outlaw the practice of slavery until western intervention? The Brits forced the Somalis to abolish the act but it continues till the 30s. The gulf states didn't until like the 60s including the great and honourable Saudi Arabia ( a quarter of the population were believed to be slaves and they were black African).

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump

I believe most of these rulings are fake. I think most sheiks and Muslim scholars are so bored with their life they think of creative ways to keep a woman brainwashed.

I disagree, these scholars provide justification from the Quran and Hadith to back up their points. Even if they were lying, what can a Muslim actually do when the majority are as ignorant as an isolated tribesman.

VixR

Veritas

Unfortunately, I agree with @The_Cosmos these rulings are heavily supported by Quran and Hadith, they have to be to be taken seriously. Shockingly, even the sheikh from that other thread calling men whose wives attend Western universities to become "Doctors, Teachers," cuckolds was justified in his position per the Islamic perspective of free-mixing of men and women.

Even families are heavily segregated in places like Saudi Arabia, their homes have two living rooms wherein the sisters and mothers dwell in one and the brothers and father dwell in the other. When they eat, one large communal plate the boys eat from with their father, and the girls eat with their mother from another, etc. It's engrained in the society down to the family unit. They live almost completely separate lives. To think of the real world consequences, clashes, and barriers to a respectable education his sermon caused the women in the lives of those men who were influenced by it...in Australia, no less is amazing.

It is possible in Somalia. It is still 1/2 of what you are supposed to be doing, even for Ramadan.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Unfortunately, I agree with @The_Cosmos these rulings are heavily supported by Quran and Hadith, they have to be to be taken seriously. Shockingly, even the sheikh from that other thread calling men whose wives attend Western universities to become "Doctors, Teachers," cuckolds was justified in his position per the Islamic perspective of free-mixing of men and women.

Even families are heavily segregated in places like Saudi Arabia, their homes have two living rooms wherein the sisters and mothers dwell in one and the brothers and father dwell in the other. When they eat, one large communal plate the boys eat from with their father, and the girls eat with their mother from another, etc. It's engrained in the society down to the family unit. They live almost completely separate lives. To think of the real world consequences, clashes, and barriers to a respectable education his sermon caused the women in the lives of those men who were influenced by it...in Australia, no less is amazing.

The majority of Muslims will despise Wahhabist and salafist interpretation and claim that they're "misinterpretations" (those in the west for the most part). What these lot don't realise is that you will hardly ever find a single religious Scholar who doesn't adhere to salafist and Wahhabist ideology. Salafism is a movement which calls for Muslims to return to the ways of the first 3 generations of Muslims.

The book were taught about in madrasa was a book authored by an Arab dude which focuses on the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab (the father of Wahhabism) and he's pretty hardcore.

Muslims would probably label the prophet himself (if he were to return) a "not so true Muslim." Muslims are brainwashed to believe in the religion (especially non Arab Muslims) without actually teaching them the content they supposedly believe in.

The majority of Muslims will despise Wahhabist and salafist interpretation and claim that they're "misinterpretations" (those in the west for the most part). What these lot don't realise is that you will hardly ever find a single religious Scholar who doesn't adhere to salafist and Wahhabist ideology. Salafism is a movement which calls for Muslims to return to the ways of the first 3 generations of Muslims.

The book were taught about in madrasa was a book authored by an Arab dude which focuses on the teachings of Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahab (the father of Wahhabism) and he's pretty hardcore.

Muslims would probably label the prophet himself (if he were to return) a "not so true Muslim." Muslims are brainwashed to believe in the religion (especially non Arab Muslims) without actually teaching them the content they supposedly believe in.

Even as a Muslim, I never understood the appeal of that. After the Prophet died, they almost immediately started opposing & killing each other and were the cause of a split in the Muslims that continues a thousands + years later to be the cause of strife in the global Muslim community. Why not just follow the example of the Prophet and leave it at that? Why create unnecessary baggage with people who were clearly imperfect and in many ways did not set a good example to follow. You would think they had created heaven on earth the way some Muslims talk about the sahaba.

Wow so many ignorant people on here. I used to hear people lose their religion living in the West but you guys are actually proof of it.
It is not 'impossible' to pray 5 tines a day, stay away from sin (repent if you do sin) and give people around you their rights.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The Qur'an attests to the fact that Allah is pleased with them! Not only that, the messenger also said "the best generation is my generation...."
There is a reason we follow them. Unfortunately you people have been brainwashed in western schools with lies such as "we went to the moon" and "we came from monkeys" and now you can't see the wood from the trees when it come to Islamic history and aqeedah.

The Qur'an attests to the fact that Allah is pleased with them! Not only that, the messenger also said "the best generation is my generation...."
There is a reason we follow them. Unfortunately you people have been brainwashed in western schools with lies such as "we went to the moon" and "we came from monkeys" and now you can't see the wood from the trees when it come to Islamic history and aqeedah.

You have to @ people or use the Reply button if you want to respond to someone, otherwise they might not see your post.

What I am saying is if you look at the way they behaved and how readily they killed eachother, you would have to have very low standards for using the term 'best'. But then maybe, even with all that considered, they are the best of you.

I won't follow you on the anti-science & conspiracy theory tangent you went on.

You have to @ people or use the Reply button if you want to respond to someone, otherwise they might not see your post.

What I am saying is if you look at the way they behaved and how readily they killed eachother, you would have to have very low standards for using the term 'best'. But then maybe, even with all that considered, they are the best of you.

Fortunately I hold the opinion of Allah above yours.
According to the sheeple, Islam (and anything else which disagrees with 'science) is a conspiracy theory.
They (not all, there were hypocrites among them) were the best generation and the best generation is the best example of a 'jamaa'ah' for us to follow.

"As a Muslim".....then you talk about anti-science. Do you really think evolution and space travel is the only areas of dispute between Islam and science?

Fortunately I hold the opinion of Allah above yours.
According to the sheeple, Islam (and anything else which disagrees with 'science) is a conspiracy theory.
They (not all, there were hypocrites among them) were the best generation and the best generation is the best example of a 'jamaa'ah' for us to follow.

Yeah, no shit, you're Muslim, so obviously...
The conspiracy theory comment I made was about your comment --- "western schools with lies such as "we went to the moon".

It wasn't a general comment about Muslims/ a general comment about Islam/ a general comment about your post, it was specific to that comment. Don't misrepresent people.

"As a Muslim".....then you talk about anti-science. Do you really think evolution and space travel is the only areas of dispute between Islam and science?

No idea what you are talking about.

In any case, as I said, I'm not following you on your tangent. If you want to discuss basic evolutionary science/ how the moon landing was not a hoax, you can try the search box at the top of the page, or google.

Yeah, no shit, you're Muslim, so obviously...
The conspiracy theory comment I made was about your comment --- "western schools with lies such as "we went to the moon".

It wasn't a general comment about Muslims/ a general comment about Islam/ a general comment about your post, it was specific to that comment. Don't misrepresent people.

No idea what you are talking about.

In any case, as I said, I'm not following you on your tangent. If you want to discuss basic evolutionary science/ how the moon landing was not a hoax, you can try the search box at the top of the page, or google.
Yeah, no need to mention something you have no desire to discuss. I'm just pointing out to you the gravity of you said regarding the sahabah when Allah and His messenger attests to their righteousness. Speaking badly of the sahabah is enough to cast one out of the fold of Islam.

Yeah, no need to mention something you have no desire to discuss. I'm just pouting out to you the gravity of you said regarding the sahabah when Allah and His messenger attests to their righteousness. Speaking badly of the sahabah is enough to cast one out of the fold of Islam.

I will be writing whatever I choose to, as usual.
My OP was that of one atheist/agnostic responding to another atheist. This is why my comment was in the past tense. I was detailing my thoughts on the topic before I left Islam, and what I largely subscribe to today. ie. that they're not a particularly good example to follow if you look at their behaviour as a community. You have misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending